Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
EMERGENCY - CHAYAL KIDNAPPED!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 01 2014, 3:35 pm
marina wrote:
Press Statement - John Kerry, Secretary of State:

Quote:
The United States condemns in the strongest possible terms today’s attack, which led to the killing of two Israeli soldiers and the apparent abduction of another. It was an outrageous violation of the cease-fire negotiated over the past several days, and of the assurances given to the United States and the United Nations.

Hamas, which has security control over the Gaza Strip, must immediately and unconditionally release the missing Israeli soldier, and I call on those with influence over Hamas to reinforce this message.

After the horrific loss of life in this attack and its aftermath, it would be a tragedy if this outrageous attack leads to more suffering and loss of life on both sides of this conflict. I have been in close touch with Prime Minister Netanyahu, with UN Special Coordinator Robert Serry and with other regional partners. The international community must now redouble its efforts to end the tunnel and rocket attacks by Hamas terrorists on Israel and the suffering and loss of civilian life

Lately I've felt less disheartened than other times.
But you know what press release I'd love to see? "Hamas and the PA are horrified by the lone, rogue terrorist suicide bomber who ruined Israel's gracious humanitarian effort. We condemn it in the strongest possible terms."
Anyway, let's get it back on track and focus on Hadar and the chayalim and chayalot.

Sanguine

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 5:32 pm
IMHopinion wrote:
This is so sickening. My heart goes out to him and his family.

YWN posted his pic and it definitely looks like he's at his own wedding with a Kallah beside him. Please tell me this isn't true.

It's not true but it's not much better, he's getting married in a few weeks

amother

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 7:10 pm
BD"E HY"D

Yaalon, Barbivai and Rabbi Peretz visited the Goldin home after midnight on Motzai Shabbos and informed the family that based on the evidence they were able to gather, Hadar Goldin, Hy"d, is no longer alive.

Crying Crying

May this be the last korban that Klal Yisrael must offer before Moshiach's arrival.

chocolate fondue

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 7:38 pm
Amother - where is your information from?

amother

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 7:41 pm
It's on Times of Israel. Baruch Dayan Emet.

chocolate fondue

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 7:45 pm
Crying Crying Crying

rainbow dash

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 7:50 pm
Bade

Frumdoc

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 8:37 pm
BDE.

I am not surprised, but it is a tragedy, as is each loss.

When the news reports say "Israeli soldier killed", they don't appreciate that every one of our soldiers is also a civilian, simply doing his civic duty to the state along with every other young person who grows up in Israel, and every one is a member of our own family who we love, whether we knew them personally, lived the same life, had the same haskafa or not, they still each belong in all of hearts in the place called "Family we lost and mourn for".

flmommy

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 9:17 pm
Article was so vague. Any other articles? I think I just can't believe its true.

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 10:09 pm
flmommy wrote:
Article was so vague. Any other articles? I think I just can't believe its true.

I'm very confused about the whole thing too. First the reports were he was kidnapped and they were surrounding areas in gaza looking for him.
Tonight the reports are that he died fighting.....

imasinger

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 10:11 pm
B"DE. H"YD. It seems that Hamas is saying that he and his captors were killed by an Israeli strike while in the tunnels.

I can see why his parents are having trouble accepting the news.

sequoia

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 10:11 pm
So there won't be manipulation or pressure to release prisoners in exchange.

They don't know for sure he died, but they made the decision to treat it as such.

esther09

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 10:14 pm
BDE - my heart is crying for his family and his fiancee, along with the loved ones of all of the soldiers who have passed over these past few weeks.

I must say though that I'm confused as well. It doesn't say anywhere that they found the body but rather that they made the determination based on "medical, halachic, etc" considerations and language like that.

sequoia

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 10:31 pm
esther09 wrote:

I must say though that I'm confused as well. It doesn't say anywhere that they found the body but rather that they made the determination based on "medical, halachic, etc" considerations and language like that.

Exactly. They made the decision to treat it as a death rather than a kidnapping for tactical reasons.

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 10:38 pm
sequoia wrote:
Exactly. They made the decision to treat it as a death rather than a kidnapping for tactical reasons.

So was he kidnapped or killed fighting?

Butterfly

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 1:14 am
I'm feeling sick! Crying

Ema29

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 1:19 am
sequoia wrote:

I don't know what you mean by tactical but YWN reported that there was sufficient pathology and evidence found in the battlefield to determine death and for burial.

The army said the Chief Military Rabbi considered halacha, medical and other relevant considerations, as well as findings from the battlefield, before making the decision.

The family was told there were enough pathological findings at the scene to declare Hadar’s death, and these findings also allow his burial.

- See more at: http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......dpuf

ora_43

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 8:14 am
esther09 wrote:

Warning blunt language:

It means they found enough parts of the body to assume the rest of the body isn't functioning anymore.

abound

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 8:28 am
So why would they make his family wait for the whole of shabbos without telling them the truth, or maybe they were told and we were not. (like what happened with the 3 kidnapped kids.)
Either way, Hashem Yinkom Damo and may Mashiach come speedily.

5*Mom

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 8:31 am
abound wrote:
So why would they make his family wait for the whole of shabbos without telling them the truth, or maybe they were told and we were not. (like what happened with the 3 kidnapped kids.)
Either way, Hashem Yinkom Damo and may Mashiach come speedily.

I think it took some time to scour the area and recover what they could of the body. And the family is shomeret Shabbat and specifically said they were disconnected from communications on Shabbat, so it seems to have been by choice. My heart goes out to the family.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed