Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Boys elementary school in lakewood or surrounding area
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 7:07 pm
Rabbi benders schools education is on a low level for English and Hebrew.

debsey

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 7:09 pm
amother wrote:
Rabbi benders schools education is on a low level for English and Hebrew.

You are using amother to bash a school - this doesn't seem fair. Upon what are you basing this? What are your qualifications to pass judgement on this school? The school is a bit new to have a track record. If you send a child there, and have a specific illustrative example, tell us. Otherwise, don't' hide behind amother to bash someone else.

debsey

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 7:10 pm
amother wrote:
Rabbi benders yeshiva English is not on a Hirt level and it is still a new school and inexperienced

c899 wrote:
What is a "hirt level"?

I guess this amother went there and never learned how to spell!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 7:11 pm
I'm not bashing the school it's a new school but the level is not on the high end what is wrong with that. Not every parent wants a high level school that's why we have all types in this town. Pleas don't twist my words around I'm just stating it as it is its still a good school.

debsey

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 7:15 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not bashing the school it's a new school but the level is not on the high end what is wrong with that. Not every parent wants a high level school that's why we have all types in this town. Pleas don't twist my words around I'm just stating it as it is its still a good school.

It didn't sound like it. It sounded like you're saying they're inexperienced and also don't teach well. If that's not what you meant, say that. If you had said "they don't pressure the boys with academics" or something, that would be different.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 7:22 pm
All I wrote is that they are on a low level. I never said that they are not a good school. We need all types in this town it won't be good if every school is the exact same.

treetop12

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 7:58 pm
I send my boys to YTT and am quite satisfied. They really try hard to motivate the boys. I find the English program to be very good in comparison with other schools. The Hebrew program is not pressuring. Some of my boys could use the extra challenge BH, so I hired a chavrusa to learn with them at night. I find the staff and teachers to be attentive and care about the students.
Good luck!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 9:54 pm
I have heard that Rabbi Benders yeshiva is actually on a high level in both english and hebrew... I am sure Rabbi Bender Senior would only have it that way... He is very involved in the way the yeshiva is run and almost all the Rabbeim were originally in Darchei and were trained in there

c899

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 9:56 pm
Amother what is making you say that it is not on a high level? That is not what I heard...

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 10:09 pm
Rabbi benders yeshiva in Lakewood is a total different yeshiva Than the one in far rock away people keep on thinking its the same but it's not.

The original plan was to open a sister school but the yeshiva couldn't get good students to come so they switched it to a Yiddish speaking school and switched it to gear it towards the more yeshivish crowd and it filled up a lot faster. It's not people's first choice but still people do go there and it's a good crowd and good people.

But the rabbeim are not from the other school it's fresh young rabbeim. who wants old burnt out rabbeim anyways.

And just because a father is successful it doesn't mean that a son wil be. I'm not saying he won't be successful In another few years, but I can't stand when people say oh the father is so successful so the son will be. Maybe, maybe not, time will tell. its still a new school.

And no, it's a good school but the academics is on the lower end compared to other schools in Lakewood, which there is nothing wrong with that. A lot of people don't want high pressured schools.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 10:12 pm
amother wrote:
Rabbi benders yeshiva in Lakewood is a total different yeshiva Than the one in far rock away people keep on thinking its the same but it's not.

The original plan was to open a sister school but the yeshiva couldn't get good students to come so they switched it to a Yiddish speaking school and switched it to gear it towards the more yeshivish crowd and it filled up a lot faster. It's not people's first choice but still people do go there and it's a good crowd and good people.

But the rabbeim are not from the other school it's fresh young rabbeim. who wants old burnt out rabbeim anyways.

And just because a father is successful it doesn't mean that a son wil be. I'm not saying he won't be successful In another few years, but I can't stand when people say oh the father is so successful so the son will be. Maybe, maybe not, time will tell. its still a new school.

And no, it's a good school but the academics is on the lower end compared to other schools in Lakewood, which there is nothing wrong with that. A lot of people don't want high pressured schools.

THIS.

anonymrs

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 10:25 pm
treetop12 wrote:
I send my boys to YTT and am quite satisfied. They really try hard to motivate the boys. I find the English program to be very good in comparison with other schools. The Hebrew program is not pressuring. Some of my boys could use the extra challenge BH, so I hired a chavrusa to learn with them at night. I find the staff and teachers to be attentive and care about the students.
Good luck!

How do you know this? Do you have children in other schools?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 10:35 pm
My boys also attend YTT and we're fine with the school, staff, and academic levels. For what its worth, the English program there is better than my daughters school (which I won't name obviously). Like he really knew his math facts cold and the teacher drilled it in lots of ways. She didn't do it nearly as much and still has to think to figure it out and she's a lot better in school in general than he is, so I attribute it to the English program more than individual smarts. Also, I have a nephew in the Cheder and when they were small, my son in YTT covered more material and had more homework. Their Shabbos sheets seemed to be fairly similar too IIRC. So in terms of level of learning, at least in the younger grades, I haven't seen anything that would indicate a remarkable difference. don't know about Junior high tho. oh, and while the crowd is definitely diverse and the majority are not in kollel, I've never seen anyone wearing jeans.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 10:43 pm
I am not sure what you have against this yeshiva but you definitely have some facts wrong. I know for a fact that two of the four rabbeim were originally in darchei and didnt want to travel so darchei reluctantly let them go to ohr yehuda. Rabbi Yakov Bender said this himself. And the Pre1a rebbe is known all over for being absolutely top of the line...
From whoever I have spoken to who sends there, they say that besides for the rabbeim being top notch, the education level is very high.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 11:56 pm
Amother above you must be related to the owners of darchai.

It's a good school but definitely not people's first choice and definitely not on the highest level of education from the schools in Lakewood. No one saying its a bad school just right now most people in Lakewood want established schools and will only go there after they can't get into their first choice. Also other schools in Lakewood teach on a higher level.

Again it's a very good school just not the first choice. There is noting wrong with that and maybe in five years that will change.

treetop12

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 12:03 am
anonymrs wrote:
How do you know this? Do you have children in other schools?

I have quite a few nephews in other Lakewood boys schools.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 9:55 am
Lol I have no relation to darchei I happen to think that it is a great yeshiva though. And do you know what, it is my first choice (gasp!) I have significant pull into the top yeshivas in lakewood and will probably not be sending there because I dont feel comfortable with certain aspects of it. Just because it is the "top" doesn't mean it is the right for my son or for me and my husband for that matter.
I know many many people who pushed and pushed last year and were dying to get in to ohr yehuda and were turned down. It is very hard to get in as they are trying to only get a certain crowd. And no, it is not yiddish speaking yeshiva! Yes, they translate into yiddish but that doesnt make them yiddish speaking! Many top yeshivas in flatbush with top of the line education translate into yiddish as well...

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 10:16 am
They translate into Yiddish and the original darchai does not so right from the start they are not following in the original darchais footsteps. Their intention was to open an exact school like darchai but their first year the parents they wanted didn't want to go to them because they don't translate into Yiddish so they switched.

It is a good yeshiva and you are correct not everyone wants such a high level of learning for their son and not every child can handle a high level of learning so it's good to have yeshivos that are good yeshivos but are not on the highest level that everyone kills themselves to get into. There is a need and bh Lakewood is starting to have them.

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 10:28 am
amother wrote:
are not on the highest level that everyone kills themselves to get into.

I'm so happy that I don't know the same "everyone" you seem to.
I don't know anything about Darchai's new yeshiva, but I do know somebody who is very interested in getting in for next year, but she was told it's very hard to get in.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 10:29 am
How do you know that the level of learning is not as high? Do you send there?
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics