Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is everyone really a size 2
  Previous  1  2  3  4 11  12  13  Next

what size are you
 33%  [ 77 ]
 66%  [ 151 ]
Total Votes : 228

little_mage

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 8:25 pm
By just about any standard, I'm petite (5'0" on a good day, and between 110-120 lbs), and I usually wear a 6 or an 8.

Mille, while I no longer wear pants, I remember going shopping and my mother telling me, find it so it fits in the waist, and we'll hem it, because I could never find pants that fit in both places. In high school, I had a friend who was also rather short who used to buy capris to wear as real pants.

forever21

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 8:26 pm
Whenever I go shopping with DH I get sooo jealous that he can walk into a store without trying anything on and walk out with five shirts 3 min later! Ohhhh if only it were that easy..

The worst is when Im standing in front of a mirror after trying something on and suddenly Im surrounded by single/childless 18-19 yr olds who are all a size 2. Hmm suddenly that outfit im trying on doesnt look as slimming as I thought it did.

Emotional

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 8:39 pm
Can you believe there are some stores where I actually balloon up to a size 000? It's hard to look at myself in those store mirrors when I used to be a 0000000000000...

goforit

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 8:41 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
you are not going to get a real %, people lie about their clothing size to the detriment of everyone elses self esteem.

I do not mean to be snarky, obnoxious, or incendiary. it happens constantly in the media, the lying of sizes and weight. a "fat" pic of a celeb goes viral and said celeb goes on TV/radio/in a magazine, etc, and tells you it was just the angle, she's really just a size six. (even though you can see, just by looking at her, that there is no way that is true.)

I was trying to sell a dress and I wrote in the ad that it is a size 10 but people kept on coming size 12 14 16 I had to write the dress is a size 6-8 to get people that are size 10 to try it on and then I was able to sell it.

mfb

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 8:54 pm
amother wrote:
OP, you're just as size-ist as everyone else. Why did you stop your poll at size 10? Because you wear a 10, because you can't fathom anything larger than 10, or because as far as you're concerned anyone over a size 10 is so gross nobody cares about them anyway? FYI the AVERAGE American woman is now a size 14. Also FYI regular sizes go all the way up to 20-something before you get to "Women's Sizes" that have a different numbering system. But you wouldn't know that because you likely shop at places like H&M or Forever 21, where they rarely stock anything in double digits.

I would presume she's a size 4or at most 6 and can't even imagine that to many pple are bigger than a 10 Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 9:14 pm
Ohkayyy this is making me feel ummm lets put it this way not the best, im a size 18/20!!! Sad Sad

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 9:18 pm
amother wrote:
Ohkayyy this is making me feel ummm lets put it this way not the best, im a size 18/20!!! Sad Sad

most people are not that much smaller than you.

people lie.

Blue jay

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 9:53 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if women's clothing was sized like men's? My husband goes to Target or Kohls, and just has to look for the 42x30 pants. This isn't some fancy bespoke tailor! Maybe if you're exceptionally tall or thin or short or fat you'll have trouble, but for everyone in the middle of the bell curve, clothes come in easy increments.

And then my husband wonders why it takes me forever to go shopping... well, because who the frell knows what a size "Medium" or a size "10" actually is? Will it fit me in the bust? Will it fit me in the hips? Will it fit my waist but not my hips? I have to eyeball the shirt/dress/skirt, but also take a size up and down to the dressing room with me... and even then, who knows?!?!

So I say, size is just a number, and it's not even always the same number!

I could not agree more! Mens sizes are so much easier! And yes all size 10's, 12's and 14's are not created equal!
Also, one more complainte... What about the shorter plus size woman out there? Alot of plus size clothing is shaped like a box, no flattering pleats or darts or anything! Sometimes I look in the Juniors plus, plus, plus section for some flare and interest in my clothes. By the way a juniors xxl is like a womens medium, you can see where teenagers get body image issues!

Blue jay

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 9:55 pm
amother wrote:

Im a size, 14,16 and 18! Dont feel bad this whole size thing is a conspiracy Smile

amother

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 9:56 pm
Someone mentioned tjmaxx and marshalls as catering to tiny sizes. We must shop at different TJmaxxes.
Whenever I go (was just there today actually), in each section of clothing there are about 6-10 sixe XS. and 100's of S, M, L and XL. I am abt size 2/4 and can't find anything there. OK there are maybe not as much XXLs.
I do find in general that the stuff there do not run small.

Other stores like forever21 and h and m run tiny.

Blue jay

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 10:00 pm
amother wrote:
Someone mentioned tjmaxx and marshalls as catering to tiny sizes. We must shop at different TJmaxxes.
Whenever I go (was just there today actually), in each section of clothing there are about 6-10 sixe XS. and 100's of S, M, L and XL. I am abt size 2/4 and can't find anything there. OK there are maybe not as much XXLs.
I do find in general that the stuff there do not run small.

Other stores like forever21 and h and m run tiny.

The Marshalls in my neighborhood has tons of smalls and mediums but the black labeled x largers is like a quarter of the amount....
For your size, try the juniors section sometimes I have some luck there too! Just stay away from too much fringe ( atleast thats my theory on fashion right now..)

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 10:00 pm
It's funny that everyone is writing how easy men have it. My husband isn't extreme in any way but he definitely has to try on a lot of clothing before he finds stuff that fits nicely. Lots of casual clothing comes in s-m-l sizing, but even something labeled 32x36 or whatever is going to look different depending on the brand and the cut. Unless he sticks with the same thing every time he shops, it isn't much easier than I have it. Well, besides the tzniut stuff. Fit wise.

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 10:02 pm
I am a 0-6.
I have a size zero skirt that fits me in the morning but due to various issues I get very bloated by the end of the day when some size 6don't fit.

I have a size 2 that is like a 4 and a 6 that is like 4 too.

And no European sizes are the same. They just start higher so a UK 10 is an American 6, 8=4, 6=2 give or take. But each store is different so in Loft I am a 0 but in Zara I am a 4-6. Yet I have a dress from the UK size 10 that doesn't fit me in the top area and my UK size 10 skirt is too big!

It is not about sizes it is about looks. People don't believe I have the slightest bit of fat on me but beneath it all you would get a shock.

Volunteer

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 10:24 pm
To add another fact to the size confusion:

Women's clothing sizes reflect measurements around the width of the hips, waist, and bust. They have nothing to do with how tall you are! A woman who is, say, five feet tall and wears a size 2 is proportioned totally differently than a woman who is 5'8" and wears a size 2.

nylon

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 10:50 pm
My sister is 5'10" and wears a size 2. It is very hard to have a waist and hips that small when you are so tall. She is very, very thin.

sequoia

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 10:59 pm
Size doesn't matter. Shape does.

I'm short, small-boned, flat-chested, and have narrow hips. All the fat accumulates on my stomach Exploding anger

-- signed, an apple

amother

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 11:07 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
most people are not that much smaller than you.

people lie.

Also, people have very very different ideas of what "fits." For some, if they can get the zipper to close, no matter what it takes and how much the material has to stretch, that is their size.... I may be able to squeeze into a 10, but I should be wearing a 14!!

Hatemywig

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 11:38 pm
EVERYONE

rainbow dash

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 2:55 am
Well im 180 cm tall and am a size 18 20. When I got married I was a 12.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 7:19 am
is everyone really a size 2

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Well, my size has the number 2 in it, does that count?
Page 3 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics