Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Forming group for Raleigh Hotel retreat for 40% off!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 6:57 pm
So..... Who is forming a group of 5 for 30 percent off? I'm in...

amother
Red

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 7:12 pm
amother wrote:
So..... Who is forming a group of 5 for 30 percent off? I'm in...

Peace sign in. But I'm not ready to out myself

Doublestroller

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 7:41 pm
When is the retreat being this year?

bnm

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 8:22 pm
I'm in.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 9:26 pm
How much?

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 6:17 am
The retreat will be the first Monday in January-- I think its Jan 4,5,6
Monday-Wednesday

I didn't get any pricing info yet, but it will probably be similar to last year. With the 30% discount, it will probably be about $450. The bus was $10 each way.

Queenb4

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 6:58 am
This year the bus is $50 round trip.

I am considering!

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 10:42 am
amother wrote:
Peace sign in. But I'm not ready to out myself

Create a fake email adress to contact and nobody has to know what ur name here is.

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 11:23 am
$649 p/p double occupancy

Early bird special: Register by 12/21, receive $50 off

Group discounts:

Group of 5 or more, must register by 12/7, receive 30% off= $455

Cannot combine the two discounts.

If you are interested, then send me a PM. You will have to give me your real name, but you don't have to tell me your screen name. My roommate from last year....I have no idea what her screen name is. I just know she is on imamother.

When it's time to register, then you will have to call the hotel yourself and give a cc number-- you don't need to give it to me.

BTW, for all the naysayers that are going to complain about the price....you really do get what you pay for: but 3 days in a hotel, access to a pool, all food/snacks included, plus fun activities, etc..... If I tried to put together a 3 day getaway for myself at the local Holiday Inn, I would probably spend this amount, and not have the great company! Smile

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 4:50 pm
ruchelbuckle wrote:

If you are interested, then send me a PM. You will have to give me your real name, but you don't have to tell me your screen name. My roommate from last year....I have no idea what her screen name is. I just know she is on imamother.

How do we send you a PM without you knowing our screen name? Help

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 6:10 pm
Oh, duh. Yeah, you can't send me a PM without telling me your screen name. But really....

do you think I keep track of who's who? Surprised

I am not so sure why everyone needs to be so secretive about their screen name. I can guarantee you that I am not going to look you up in the BP phone book and try to figure out that Ruchel Horowitz is really MamaBear or whoever. If you tell me your screen name, I promise you I am not going to go through all your old posts and read that BMR has 3 boys, 2 girls, a yellow bugaboo and recently refinished her wood floors so, aha! I got it! Really, BMR is really Basha Miriam Rosenberg from Wallabout street...... Please-- I have other things to do with my time (like shop for new clothes for the retreat!!! ) (just kidding!!!)

I am not going to sit down at lunch at the Raleigh and say loudly, "Hi! Are you DoubleStroller from imamother?"

And Amelia Bedilia can vouch for me that I am not related to anyone that went to Bais Sura, Bnos Bracha, Satmar Willy, Viznitz Monsey, or Bnos Tzalfchad, LOL or any other school within the Boro Park Metropolitan Area. So if you're concerned that I'm your cousin or mother in law or whatever.....I'm not! (I am not old enough to be a mother in law anyway! Smile )

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 6:36 pm
Lol LOL ruchelbuckle, is it an option to reactivate the email address retreatorganizer2014@gmail.com (or set up a new one) from last year so that they can remain anonymous?

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 7:29 pm
good idea, amelia.

I will only reactivate that email address if you agree to come!!! Smile

faigie

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 1:17 pm
Im thinking about it, but I prefer a single room...

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 10:24 am
Faigie: I got a new phone yesterday and you were the first to call me on my new phone! Anyway, I got your message. I am currently in my office and have really lousy reception here, so I will try you later. Regarding sharing a room: you don't need to share a room to be part of a group. you can join the group and have a single room.

Even though Amelia Bedilia did not yet confirm Smile, I have begun checking the email address posted above. So if you are interested, please let me know.

FYI: If you do decide to come, then please note my role will end at registering us as a group. I won't be able to find out about programming, menu options, setting up roommate situations, etc... You will have to call the hotel yourself with those questions/requests.

As of now, we are 3 people, I think.

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 10:27 am
we are now 4 people!!

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 5:46 pm
ruchelbuckle wrote:
we are now 4 people!!

Yesssssss! Keep em coming! Ruchel,

ruchelbuckle

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 6:44 pm
If anyone is on the fence...... let me tell you a nice story:

Last year, I went not knowing anyone, just the ladies from this group. I became friendly with a few ladies and we kept in touch. One of them came to visit me for shabbos in the summer (I live in the middle of nowhere). We had a blast! Then today, I got such a nice present in the mail from this friend-- she sent me such a nice cookbook as a gift for hosting her in the summer. Isn't that so sweet? I really have to write her a nice card (an not just thank her on imamother), but I'm so glad I got to meet all these nice people at the retreat.

And yes, I will only invite you to my house for shabbos if I meet you at the retreat. Smile

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 6:46 pm
Wow
That's really nice.
Amazing way to form new friendships!

rdmom

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 8:25 pm
I would love to go. But planning a trip with my hubby so I don't think I can leave my kids and my job twice. Too bad. No way I can swing it. But I really wanted to go.
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics