Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How often do you change your linen on bed
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 3:54 pm
amother wrote:
this can't really be possible? Don't your sheets get dirty? You must change it more then 3x a year!! I wish I could change my linen not as often but with the kids and time with my husband, it doesn't stay clean that long. And I change out the pillow cases more often then the sheet and blanket. There's nothing like going to sleep on freshly washed linen.

Im the 6:44 amother who wrote I try to remember every few weeks...
Honestly I dont even notice if my sheets are clean or dirty. I feel no difference if I am sleeping on freshly laundered sheets or 2 month old sheets.
We dont bring food into bedroom so its not like Im sleeping on crumbs. If my period leeks I wash the linen that day but otherwise I have no motivation to change it more often.

ven

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:03 pm
Clean sheets do make me feel very happy ,strange how that works for me , so I am always happy and looking forward to a fresh bed. It is a drag to change them tho .

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:10 pm
Once a week as long as there's a cleaning lady to do it (which there had been for years). Probably once a month if I had to do it.

DS once came back from a long zman in yeshiva in EY with sheets as stiff as board -- never been washed or changed.

lovingmother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:18 pm
Yes it is nice to crawl into a clean bed. However I once had emergency surgery right before I was going to change my kids sheets - they had been used for over two weeks. Well I was bed bound at first, and eventually moved about a tiny bit, but wasn't supposed to bend or lift much. Finally I was able to change their sheets - it had been over six weeks. I was scared to go close to the bed! I smelled the sheets - smelled fine, I touched the sheets - felt fine, I looked at them - looked fine. I realized that my kids had slept on these sheets (in the summer), for over six weeks, and they smelled and looked fine, and so did the sheets. I realized that it wasn't a tragedy! Since then I have been a bit more lax about changing them "on time" but I do try to most of the time.
So don't feel bad!

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:21 pm
I change mine once a week, sometimes twice a week.

My parents change their bed linens daily. They believe that since bed linens are similar to towels and pajamas that you put on and/or use only when you are clean (and are washed after every use), that sheets and duvet covers should be the same. It may be a little over the top, but it's their decision.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:29 pm
amother wrote:
See? Shaming.

Orig amother, I'm the fist-bumper. I bathe daily, I rotate pillows in and out, and I wear PJs.

Other people need not tell us we are gross.
not shaming and btw I'm a complete slob. But I'm not a dirty slob. I might have clothes not hung up and leave dishes in the sink overnight but I am going to make sure my linen is clean.

mille

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 4:58 pm
I dunno, maybe once a month? Maybe longer? No kids, but we are lazy.

Amother above, it's all about perspective. Someone else may not feel the linen is a big deal, but leaving dishes overnight? They're gonna get moldy and gross! Everyone has their limits and what they are ok with. YOU don't have to sleep in her bed with her dirty linens, so why do you care?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 5:07 pm
amother wrote:
OMG I am so embarrased to post this.

1-3 times a year maybe. Definitely before Pesach and for a new baby.
I put my white sheet on top of the colored one.

I have a bunch of kids but am very overwhelmed when it comes to housework. No clue what I'm doing. I feel so pathetic looking at the answers here.

Same here. Large family,no cleaning help, it doesn't bother anyone, and my children are all happy,healthy, normal, and well adjusted.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 5:08 pm
mille wrote:
I dunno, maybe once a month? Maybe longer? No kids, but we are lazy.

Amother above, it's all about perspective. Someone else may not feel the linen is a big deal, but leaving dishes overnight? They're gonna get moldy and gross! Everyone has their limits and what they are ok with. YOU don't have to sleep in her bed with her dirty linens, so why do you care?
I don't care but 1 to 3 times a year sounds crazy. And I'm talking about leaving a fork in the sink for one night. Besides, the maid comes the next day and washes it anyways 😜

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 5:09 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
I change mine once a week, sometimes twice a week.

My parents change their bed linens daily. They believe that since bed linens are similar to towels and pajamas that you put on and/or use only when you are clean (and are washed after every use), that sheets and duvet covers should be the same. It may be a little over the top, but it's their decision.

you only use towels and pajamas once before washing?

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 5:13 pm
I don't really get the comparison to pajamas or towels. Pajamas are worn directly on the skin. Towels are meant to absorb water, and that will affect how long they stay fresh. Linens serve none of those roles, unless people are sleeping in the nude.

I guess I'm in the boring weekly category. I love fresh sheets and I would change more often if it wasn't such a hassle and I didn't care about sheets getting worn out.

MMCH

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 5:19 pm
in my dreams I would have fresh linen put on every friday, fresh for shabbos.

but in reality, it happens every other week, but not more than 2.5 weeks.

we are a family of four. and my wonderful dh is of the messy persuasions, and he looks at our beds and they get crumbs and who knows what else in it.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 5:23 pm
Atleast once a week, we use our linen as pajamas.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 5:59 pm
The answer to this question might depend on if the poster uses zex towels or not. Wink

here2chill

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 6:20 pm
Every week. I find it helps the house smell fresh too.

oliveoil

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 6:25 pm
Once a week, but I shower at night right before bed. If I showered in the mornings (ie. went to bed dirty) I would feel the need to change daily.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 6:27 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
I don't really get the comparison to pajamas or towels. Pajamas are worn directly on the skin. Towels are meant to absorb water, and that will affect how long they stay fresh. Linens serve none of those roles, unless people are sleeping in the nude.

I guess I'm in the boring weekly category. I love fresh sheets and I would change more often if it wasn't such a hassle and I didn't care about sheets getting worn out.

Pajamas are worn directly onto clean skin, after a shower. They are about as clean as linen is after one use. Same goes for towels. You hang them up and they dry. They aren't dirty, but they aren't fresh. That's how my parents feel about linen. It's why they change it daily, or at least used to when I still lived at home. I assume that they still do that though, although since I don't live in their home anymore I cannot guarantee it.

amother wrote:
you only use towels and pajamas once before washing?

Yes, but I know that there are many people who use them more than once before washing. That's fine.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 6:28 pm
My sister and I had this joke going, "I try to change the linens lekovod Rosh Chodesh."
"That sounds like too much for me."
"How about lekovod Yom Tov?" That would fit with our previous poster.

I have allergies so I try to have it done once in two weeks. By the cleaning lady. When I don't have one... better don't ask.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 6:31 pm
Pajamas are put on freshly washed skin, but by eight hours later the skin is not so freshly washed anymore...

Towels are totally different altogether.

busymom

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 6:31 pm
Scrabble123, so the clean sheets that touch the single-use clean pjs are removed after one use?

One question: Do they change these linens daily themselves, or they have cleaning help who does it?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics