Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
BY of Ramapo, BY of Monsey, BY D'Rav Hirsh
Previous  1  2

amother
NeonBlue

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 7:17 am
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
BYM in the early 90s under the Rebbetzin?
BYM in the mid 2000s under Rebbetzin Paretzky?
BYM of now under whoever the principal is?

3 different schools if you ask me.

I won't elaborate further

I think Julia Haart went to BYM when the Rebbetzin was principal.

amother
Candycane

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 8:18 am
What kind of girl come out of BY of Ramapo and Breurs today?

nursemom1

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 8:29 am
I have a relative currently in BYR. There were way more applicants than spots and some of her friends that wanted to attend didn’t get in. I’m not sure how hard BYDRH and BYM are to get in. Just something to keep in mind

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 8:58 am
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
I think Julia Haart went to BYM when the Rebbetzin was principal.

Yes she did.
So comparing it to the school 15-20 and even 30 years later under different leadership is a joke

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 10:18 am
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
BYM in the early 90s under the Rebbetzin?
BYM in the mid 2000s under Rebbetzin Paretzky?
BYM of now under whoever the principal is?

3 different schools if you ask me.

I won't elaborate further

I went to BYM in the early 90's and Talia was a few grades ahead of me, maybe even in the late 80's. I have younger sisters who went to BYM under Rebbetzin Paretsky. And I have a niece who was there under the current administration.

I think the school has shifted to the right in a huge way. I think this is because there are other school options now in Monsey. When I went to BYM, it was BYM or Bat Torah (or Bais Rochel.) Everyone who now might go to Ateres, BYR, BYDRH - everyone went to BYM. It was MUCH more diverse. I remember girls who switched to Bat Torah in the middle. Today they wouldn't go to BYM in the first place.

I also think the school was different at the top. The Rebetzin allowed certain things that later Rebbetzin P did not, both in the educational and social realm. The whole school changed.

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 10:34 am
amother [ Candycane ] wrote:
What kind of girl come out of BY of Ramapo and Breurs today?

My dd graduated Breurs in the last few years.

We applied to all 3 mentioned in the subject line.

We felt that BY of Ramapo wasnt as challenging as Breurs can be. (This was OUR opinion after we spoke to teachers in both schools).

Breurs is a school that educates the girls and gives them tools to flourish in todays society. They talk to the girls openly about todays challenges. Dd also had teachers phone numbers, she called them for clarity on homework or assitance in writing a speach. The school encouraged the girls to develop a relationship with teachers. The school also encouraged the girls to speak up for themselves.

Dd had the tools she needed to go to seminary in Israel, Intern at a non jewish office, work in a frum office and go to college. Each one had its own challanges and DD was prepared.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 10:36 am
amother [ Diamond ] wrote:
My dd graduated Breurs in the last few years.

We applied to all 3 mentioned in the subject line.

We felt that BY of Ramapo wasnt as challenging as Breurs can be. (This was OUR opinion after we spoke to teachers in both schools).

Breurs is a school that educates the girls and gives them tools to flourish in todays society. They talk to the girls openly about todays challenges. Dd also had teachers phone numbers, she called them for clarity on homework or assitance in writing a speach. The school encouraged the girls to develop a relationship with teachers. The school also encouraged the girls to speak up for themselves.

Dd had the tools she needed to go to seminary in Israel, Intern at a non jewish office, work in a frum office and go to college. Each one had its own challanges and DD was prepared.

As a graduate form Breaurs I second this!

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 11:09 am
Just saying,

DD graduated from BYR and is in college now, interning this summer in a non Jewish office.

My sister graduated from BYM a few years ago, has since graduated from college with honors and got into multiple medical schools.

My daughter has friends in Breurs and the education there is similar.

All three schools are great options for a solid secular education. Both my sister and my daughter found college easy in comparison to keeping up with a double curriculum in high school.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics