Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Lakewood-chassidish women
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:30 pm
do you drive? does sqvere or rachmistrivka women drive? I want to send my kids there. will they allow me to drive?

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 12:54 pm
My daughter's teacher is Chassidish - her daughter goes to Bnos Bina. She drives.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:00 pm
okay thanks. I just need to know if those two chadarim allow. I obviously wont ask the cheder itself. listen I dont have to drive. dh does. and he has his own business, I can work around that. but I would love to bec its hard without it. is bnos bina the same type like these two chadarim. with payis in the front?

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:02 pm
I have no idea about payos. I don't know the difference between payos in front or in back. I also cannot imagine any school in Lakewood not allowing mothers to drive. It's almost a necessity!

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:04 pm
amother wrote:
okay thanks. I just need to know if those two chadarim allow. I obviously wont ask the cheder itself. listen I dont have to drive. dh does. and he has his own business, I can work around that. but I would love to bec its hard without it. is bnos bina the same type like these two chadarim. with payis in the front?

I believe that bnos binu is the most chassidish girls school in lakewood

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:07 pm
I think there are plenty of mothers who send to those 2 chadarim that drive.

Btw I think viznitz just opened up a girls school here too, similar to parent body of Bnos bina from what I've heard

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:09 pm
Why don't you just call the schools and ask? Hearing firsthand is always better than hearing from people who "might know" or "have neighbors" or hear third- and fourth-hand.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:14 pm
Do you want me to call the schools for you? Skvere cheider 732-806-8800

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:20 pm
yes yes. that would be great!

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:22 pm
[quote="amother"]I think there are plenty of mothers who send to those 2 chadarim that drive.

Btw I think viznitz just opened up a girls school here too, similar to parent body of Bnos bina from what I've heard[/quote]

how would you compare it to schools in bp? the type of chassidish. is it like bais sura in bp? or tomer devora type? both are chasidish but so different. tomer devora parents do drive I think.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:25 pm
Just spoke to them! There are no rules - mothers are allowed to drive.

groisamomma

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 1:54 pm
I send there and I drive LOL

Bais Rochel is more like Tomer Devorah. Bnos Bina is a tad more chassidish...not sure which schools to compare it to though because I don't know enough about BP schools.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:02 pm
groisamomma wrote:
I send there and I drive LOL

Bais Rochel is more like Tomer Devorah. Bnos Bina is a tad more chassidish...not sure which schools to compare it to though because I don't know enough about BP schools.

I don't know what you know about Tomer Devora but it is not like Bais Rochel in Lakewood. Tomer Devora most mothers do not drive, shave, etc. It's changed over the years and become more modern but I know many women that went there that go covered, thick tights, only beiege, etc.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:04 pm
amother wrote:
how would you compare it to schools in bp? the type of chassidish. is it like bais sura in bp? or tomer devora type? both are chasidish but so different. tomer devora parents do drive I think.

Most parents that send to Bais Sura could also send to Tomer Devora. It's true that Tomer Devora became more modern as they lost money, but they are very similar and will go back to their old selves with time. I would have no problem sending to either.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:10 pm
In Lakewood it's more of a social statement
None of the schools outright assur it
Yet.
Belz will
But you're not considered ekt Chasidish if you do
I'm best friends with Dayan spitzers daughters and she told me devila the schools still have to accept the hybrids

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:41 pm
[quote="amother"]In Lakewood it's more of a social statement
Yet.
Belz will
I'm best friends with Dayan spitzers daughters and she told me devila the schools still have to accept the hybrids[/quote]
I know alot of belzers but I dont know who dayan spitzer is. so that means if I learn to drive at a certain point they would tell me to go like in brooklyn. I wouldnt feel comfortable there. is that so? I would send to a school where they arent of that type.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:42 pm
I did not understand most of your post, but Rav Spitzer is the Skverer Dayan of Lakewood (very Chashuv Rav)

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 2:57 pm
amother wrote:
In Lakewood it's more of a social statement
Yet.
Belz will
I'm best friends with Dayan spitzers daughters and she told me devila the schools still have to accept the hybrids

That was the attitude in Monsey years ago. Schools like Belz, Pupa, and Satmar accepted children with mothers who drove and later their siblings, but they have since stopped.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:07 pm
amother wrote:
Most parents that send to Bais Sura could also send to Tomer Devora. It's true that Tomer Devora became more modern as they lost money, but they are very similar and will go back to their old selves with time. I would have no problem sending to either.

Um, the opposite. TD has consistently become a lot more chassidish. Now they're Bais Sura type, and Bais Sura actually feeds into their high school a lot. They used to be more like Bais Yaakov. Talking as an almost third generation TD Student.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:36 pm
amother wrote:
Um, the opposite. TD has consistently become a lot more chassidish. Now they're Bais Sura type, and Bais Sura actually feeds into their high school a lot. They used to be more like Bais Yaakov. Talking as an almost third generation TD Student.

Not a contradiction. They became a bit modern chassidish. In my times (some 30+ years ago!) TD was more like Bais Brocha today. Not so ultra chassidish, but very refined, aidel families.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating