Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
The "I'm so absentminded, I..." thread
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

cuties' mom

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 3:31 pm
I just realized that my 8-year-old didn't eat lunch yet. He reminded me because I gave him an ice cream sandwich as a snack. Meanwhile, my 6-year-old must have eaten 8 meals by now. No wonder I can't remember who ate what.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 4:08 pm
Just remembered a few more.

Last week went to get a new hand blender as the parve one was "absentmindedly" used for diary. On my way out I noticed the sign.for the keylim mikva. I remember thinking that I didnt know this store had one... got home without toiveling it of course.....

Do you ever go to the grocery and forget THE ONE thing you went for but end up shlepping up a few bags of "I might as well get this now so I have it in the house".... all *4* flights....

Use your eyeliner for your lips or even worse, your lip liner for your eyes....

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 4:16 pm
This happened aroind the same time dd wasn't feeling well.....
I was at my mother and dd was napping so amd I left something at home. I figured I'll run over and be right back... I live around the corner on the same block as my parents...
On my way home, there is an early headstart center where my sister works. I know lots of ppl there. It was dismissal time everyone looked at me weird. I was walking fast..... at the corner I felt a breeze on my head.... I wasn't wearing my hat!!!!!! And my wig was cut and set specifically for a hat style.
I RAN back bearly controlling myself and didn't leave till dark.

Im with stupid Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

dimyona

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 4:27 pm
I wore my skirt to work inside out. In my defense, it was a nicely lined skirt with the seams all facing in, and I was wearing a long sweater over it. But still!

And a million other things. I sing a "where's my phone" song at least once a day.

Butterfly

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 4:42 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
Just remembered a few more.
Last week went to get a new hand blender as the parve one was "absentmindedly" used for diary

Just wondering which part of the blender you used for the diary.... LOL

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 4:45 pm
seeker wrote:
Next time with the phone thing, just say "No, I meant my OTHER phone is the one missing." then you can blush privately Wink

Good one. Only I have one cell phone and no landline. LOL but im planing to get a landline when I move into my new apt. Ill keep it in mind.... LOL LOL LOL

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 4:49 pm
Butterfly wrote:
Of course ur pregnant, silly. You thought you took the prescribed birth controll pills, when instead you mistakenly took the benadryl tablets... Gosherino!!

Tongue Out
You are too funny!!!!!

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 4:52 pm
Butterfly wrote:
Just wondering which part of the blender you used for the diary.... LOL

Rolling Laughter

I already gave up on that... typing from a sick touch phone keyboard. I don't go back to read and check for grammar and spelling mistakes. And for some odd reason, my autocorrect is set to spanish. Go figure HOW.....

Butterfly

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 5:44 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
Rolling Laughter

I already gave up on that... typing from a sick touch phone keyboard. I don't go back to read and check for grammar and spelling mistakes. And for some odd reason, my autocorrect is set to spanish. Go figure HOW.....

Tzutzie I hope you realize that I was just teasing you. I make spelling mistakes all the time and due to my absentmindedness I 'forget' to auto correct most of the times.

FYI I can easily measure up to you and everyone else here with my absentmindedness...
I sincerely believe I could win a contest of "Worst absentminded Imamother".

I am too embarresed though to share my stories under my screen name because some posters here know me IRL. I don't want the word (that I've gone totally bazookas) to spread to all of my aquaintences.... Wink

workaholicmama

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 7:28 pm
Years ago I memorized the tine of my kindergarten daughter's play.... and hour later.. .. she was on the opening scene.... why the teacher didn't make sure all moms are there I don't know to this day, what I do know is that a very upset little girl redid her song with the partner after all was done.. .. in pre 1 a she made me come much earlier, and in first grade when she was main actor on the siddur play I was actually first in the room😞 I thought she should've forgotten by now (is in grade 6 already.....) but I guess these things stay with them longer than we want to....

Bitachon101

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 11:39 pm
Crying from laughter!!!!
Dh giving me a weird look.....

Volunteer

Post Mon, Dec 01 2014, 12:28 am
More than once in my life, I've walked into the shower with clothes on (and in some cases glasses too).

On a Friday night, dh was frustrated because he couldn't find the salt shaker. We gave up eventually. Later, I walked into the kitchen to get something, and I found the salt shaker. I brought it back to dh and asked him to guess where I had absentmindedly put it. Hint: The shaker was very cold.

That's all I can think of for now, but I know I have many more...

mirror

Post Mon, Dec 01 2014, 12:47 am
Anonymous posting is this forum is disabled.

You don't seriously expect me to post under my username, right??

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Dec 01 2014, 10:52 am
Posted something in Facebook this morning and forgot that my mother has Facebook and doesn't always agree with my opinions....

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Dec 01 2014, 11:52 am
Butterfly wrote:
Tzutzie I hope you realize that I was just teasing you. I make spelling mistakes all the time and due to my absentmindedness I 'forget' to auto correct most of the times. I can easily measure up to you and everyone else here with my absentmindedness...
I sincerely believe I could win a contest of "Worst absentminded Imamother".

I am too embarresed though to share my stories under my screen name because some posters here know me IRL. I don't want the word (that I've gone totally bazookas) to spread to all of my aquaintences.... Wink

Butterfly, one of my great qualities (after absentmindedness and rambling) is teasing.
I put it out there. I didn't have to. You took the bait and gambled. No worries.

I dont get to do that with friends or strangers as you never know how they might take it. But with siblings and one very close friend oohhooo!

Makes life more exciting.

no need to be embarrassed. Bring it on!!!!!!

Most of the time I end up laughing from myself how idiotic these things I do are. The funniest is still when I try to imagine it from the OTHER end. How ppl see it.

Im with stupid Im with stupid

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Dec 01 2014, 11:58 am
OPINIONATED wrote:
Anonymous posting is this forum is disabled.

You don't seriously expect me to post under my username, right??

Why not? If I hurt someone or I do something against what the torah tells me or do anything bad, I'd be embarrassed. But this just a fun thread where we can all laugh from each others silly mistakes/absentmindedness. I don't find that embarrassing.

(There are some REAL embarrassing stuff I wouldn't post here... username or amother)

But I guess other ppl feel differently. To each their own....
At least you get to enjoy our stupidness LOL

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 12:53 am
Anonymous posting would take the whole fun out of this thread. As if being absentminded is something to be ashamed off. Defeats the purpose. Carry on...

bnm

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 1:30 am
I had a 3 week old and 2.5 year old on formula, I used big and small bottles to differentiate. one was allergic to milk and had bronchitis and I found my self trying to stuff her bottle into the newborn's mouth. I couldn't decide which was worse, giving her the milk bottle or giving the newborn the germy one. after that I switched to 2 different brand bottles.... I was also locked out of my house at that point- the key didn't work and I couldn't remember my # lock so had to go into 3 pharmacies with a crying baby to buy the said formula because of course I remembered the formula as soon as I locked the door and then realized I couldn't open it. the joys...

Pampers they shared for a while, she was toilet trained in size 3 pampers and he was out of 3 by 3 months.....

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 3:10 am
One night DD wanted tater tots with dinner, so I cooked half the package and put the other half away.

The next night she wanted more, but I couldn't find the package anywhere! We searched high and low, and made lots of jokes about "tater tots on the run."

Four days later I found them in the parve drawer! Confused Needless to say, they were not in any state to be eaten by then.

We're going to laugh about this for the rest of our lives. Now when anything goes missing, the first comment is always "Have you checked the parve drawer?" LOL

Petra

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 11:58 am
I thought I had misplaced the lid to the peanut can and after 10 minutes of searching high and low and retracing my steps several times I found it. I had put it on the bottom of the peanut can.
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics