Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How many pple did you recognize from posts on Imamother?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

How many pple did you recognize from posts on Imamother?
Zero  
 40%  [ 69 ]
1 - 2  
 39%  [ 67 ]
2 - 3  
 12%  [ 22 ]
4 - 5  
 4%  [ 8 ]
6 +  
 2%  [ 4 ]
Other - Explain below  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 170

studying_torah

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 11:56 pm
Greenie, how aged is the Glenlivet that you're bringing along ?! LOL Cheers

amother

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 12:48 am
What is going to be in ten years when our daughters and daughters-in-law are on this site? What will be when our Mechutanim are on this site?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 12:50 am
[quote="boysrus"]
mommyla wrote:
I recognized four. I don't go out of my way to figure people out but sometimes a post (or two or ten) just hits me as "hey, I know that person!"

If anyone's recognized me, I'd appreciate knowing about it. PM me![/quote]

so the question is if I know who somebdoy is, how can I am PM them without them asking me who I am and how I know them? Fact is , I have recognised an old friend on imamother from many identifying details that she has posted. But, I really value my anonymity, so how can I PM her to say 'hey I know you'? Any thoughts?

I figured out a relative of mine. I texted her just so she should be aware that I do look here. I'd like to know if someone knew who I was too.

If you don't have their number you can always look them up on face book

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 12:55 am
amother wrote:
What is going to be in ten years when our daughters and daughters-in-law are on this site? What will be when our Mechutanim are on this site?

They are here already, you just don't know yet that they are your mechutanim!!

Iymnok

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 3:31 am
2 I recognized from their blogs they linked. I had known them for years. My mother has an account but rarely logs on.
* New criteria on shift shidduch profiles, "what's your imamother sn?"

luppamom

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 4:58 am
Someone "discovered" me. I don't really mind b/c then I can get some credit for posts I worked hard on IRL. But, before that and especially after that, I am very careful. I usually only write things that I would ask in the park, but to people comfortable w/ that topic. Anything that's uncomfortable or secretive goes under "a mother".

I know 2 people. One of them wrote the same thing on imamother as they did somewhere else, so I made the connection. The other person has a picture, obviously she doesn't care if people know who she is IRL.

I also recognize writing styles (s/t I actually learned from HS!). I can s/t tell if its the same author and if she writes a lot, I'll connect 2 and 2. Also, if she describes the same scenario that she wrote w/ her SN in more detail, I'll make the connection.

I'm sorry. I like to write and cannot help it!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 5:06 am
Honestly, I don't give it a lot of thought. I don't ever sit and wonder who is who. Maybe that's because I'm OOT, or maybe because I just enjoy the conversation, without needing to know who said what.

I've certainly let enough slip that it's made me easy to find out, for those who are interested enough to look.

JMM-uc

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 5:09 am
This is getting me a little paranoid Scratching Head maybe I've been too open? I post under my sn most of the time

esther09

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 6:40 am
I recognized 2 people for sure. One is a relative of mine, she doesn't post too often but once posted a very identifying series of posts (I am not sure she would even care that I figured her out because of how infrequently she posts...)

The other is a friend who posted a lot of her-specific views and identifying information. Now that I know it's her, sometimes she posts things I don't want to know about her and her DH Confused

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 9:27 am
studying_torah wrote:
Greenie, how aged is the Glenlivet that you're bringing along ?! LOL Cheers

bas mitzva Wink

amother

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 9:49 am
if I tell a friend about amother and she starts posting.......

Sanguine

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 10:00 am
Someone hinted in a post that she knew me IRL. I had no idea who it was so I looked in her posts from 2006 and then knew who it is. An old friend that I have no contact with. By chance she was in my neighborhood today so since we "met up" this week on imamother, she stopped by for a visit. That was fun (now I have to watch what I say here embarrassed )

amother

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 10:02 am
What whatis IRL

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 10:08 am
IRL means In Real Life.

I have recognized exactly 1 amother, but her situation was unique and B"H she got some good advice for her problem.

I've been recognized many times, because I don't hide identifying information. If I need to post about something personal, I do it as amother. And if it was really personal, I'd also attempt to change my writing style.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 10:34 am
esther09 wrote:
I recognized 2 people for sure. One is a relative of mine, she doesn't post too often but once posted a very identifying series of posts (I am not sure she would even care that I figured her out because of how infrequently she posts...)

The other is a friend who posted a lot of her-specific views and identifying information. Now that I know it's her, sometimes she posts things I don't want to know about her and her DH Confused

We certainly don't want these posts up for our children to see, do we?

Please, Yael, remove threads that are more than two years old.

nomilessthan

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 10:38 am
none so far, but maybe willfully blinding myself--I don't want others to assume this is me!!

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 11:04 am
amother wrote:
We certainly don't want these posts up for our children to see, do we?

Please, Yael, remove threads that are more than two years old.
Personally, I have no problem with my children reading my posts. I would be disappointed if all the old threads were deleted. There are many that provide a lot of wonderful support for a lot of people. Anyone who wants her posts deleted is welcome to delete her own posts without asking Yael to erase half the site.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 11:12 am
One. She's way too opinionated on a Facebook group, so I recognized her here.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 11:34 am
greenfire wrote:
we should just make t-shirts

hi my name is
Drunken Smile greenfire Cheers
& I'm a mother
on imamother !!!

YOU'RE amother? (It's like that Farside cartoon - You, Raymond? You're the "they"? Or something like that.) How do you have time for a mil. plus posts on top of the ones under your sn???

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Dec 22 2014, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
if I tell a friend about amother and she starts posting.......

AND you give her a cookie....

BTW, those of you who are worried about posterity here's a newsflash: some of us are already old enough to be dealing with the great challenge, and we are, valiantly, I might add.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics