Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What did you have for breakfast today?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

heidi

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 5:28 am
[quote="greenfire"]1st breakfast ~ I had cafe con leche & cheesecake with raspberries Tongue Out

2nd breakfast ~ sonny boy made me an omelet with fried purple onions & grape tomatoes w/ garlic cloves & olive oil on a whole wheat challah roll ... yumm[/quote]

Greenfire, I saw this this morning and thought about it during meeting at work! Luckily(?) ds is sick and since I have to be home with him I had time to make it. Made it with basil infused olive oil, no roll. YUM!! Tell your son thanks!

sitting

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 6:13 am
In beis yaakov cook book is a recipe for craisin pistachio biscotti...I tweak it so its more healthy and double batch bake and store un freezer. Taking one straight from the freezer with my morning coffee on my way out to work is a decent bkfast for me on the run.

coconutbutter

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 6:40 am
People eAt insanely little in the morning!! I'd worry! Breakdast is supposed to be biggest meal!

I had two cups of bran flakes with a cup of milk and my daily tea with lemon.

spinkles

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 7:46 am
I don't really like traditional breakfast foods. I had leftover enchilada casserole (beans, corn tortillas, cheese, green chile sauce) this morning. Breakfast is usually leftovers from supper or a pouch of Tabatchnick lentil soup and Ezekiel toast.

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 7:53 am
heidi wrote:
greenfire wrote:
1st breakfast ~ I had cafe con leche & cheesecake with raspberries Tongue Out

2nd breakfast ~ sonny boy made me an omelet with fried purple onions & grape tomatoes w/ garlic cloves & olive oil on a whole wheat challah roll ... yumm

Greenfire, I saw this this morning and thought about it during meeting at work! Luckily(?) ds is sick and since I have to be home with him I had time to make it. Made it with basil infused olive oil, no roll. YUM!! Tell your son thanks!

I thought you were gonna teach your ds to cook like mine Wink

enjoy ...

chevi1

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 7:57 am
alwaybhappy wrote:
muffins, muffins, and more muffins (and coffee of course)
I better bake more muffins if I want to continue having breakfast.....
otherwise I may starve!

Care to share a good recipe?

mazal555

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 8:18 am
Oatmeal and fruit, glass of milk, 4 eggs.

DrMom

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 8:24 am
mazal555 wrote:
Oatmeal and fruit, glass of milk, 4 eggs.

Wow!

thankyou

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 8:59 am
Recipe for polenta, pretty please?
I ate 2 eggs (unusual for me) and coffee. Iused to start my morning with two slicesy of WW bread and butter...lately I'm trying to eat less bread if at all so I'm experimenting.

mha3484

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 9:07 am
Re polenta:

Before my microwave died I made this http://www.thekitchn.com/how-t.....43543

Now I make this but it never takes as long as the recipe says http://www.epicurious.com/reci.....13057

sky

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 9:27 am
sitting wrote:
In beis yaakov cook book is a recipe for craisin pistachio biscotti...I tweak it so its more healthy and double batch bake and store un freezer. Taking one straight from the freezer with my morning coffee on my way out to work is a decent bkfast for me on the run.

Can you share your tweaks? A double batch never lasts us long, I'd love to make it healthier.

(IIRC without the nuts the original recipe was under 100 calories a slice.)

sitting

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 9:43 am
I took away 1 cup of flour and replaced it with 1 cup of oat bran. I reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup. Next time im gonna try adding some honey and reducing sugar even more. Didnt want to make too many changes at once

gp2.0

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 10:56 am
Most mornings I have junk food for breakfast, coffee or tea with some kind of cake or cookie, maybe raisin bran or junk cereal and milk. I don't have patience to make myself nutritious meals, especially for breakfast. Also I nearly always crave carbs in the morning but sometimes I force myself to eat a cup of yogurt and sometimes I even enjoy it. LOL

My lunches tend to be better because by then I'm starving so I do one of the following: a greek yogurt smoothie with berries and banana, an ice coffee protein powder smoothie, a three egg omelet with cheese and maybe mushroom or olive or spinach, 2 poached eggs on buttered ww toast, tuna salad on ww toast or rice cakes with tomato or cucumber, baked tilapia with a side of spinach or sauteed mushrooms and onions.

thankyou

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 11:04 am
mha3484 wrote:
Re polenta:

Before my microwave died I made this http://www.thekitchn.com/how-t.....43543

Now I make this but it never takes as long as the recipe says http://www.epicurious.com/reci.....13057

Thanks going to try these!

pumpernickle

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 12:03 pm
Kudos to all of you who take the time to take care of themselves and eat like a mentch!!!hats off to you!

mazal555

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 12:27 pm
DrMom wrote:
Wow!

I eat a really high protein breakfast because it keeps my blood sugar under control. Also because I lived on a farm for long enough to pick up the habit. Smile Also I am pregnant and nursing so I am very hungry lately.

mamallama

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 1:13 pm
I had my cheerios and milk, same as every morning! Sometimes I feel like a kid Smile

sky

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 2:15 pm
Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal
Coffee.
Banana

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 2:18 pm
Multi grain roll and avacado.

mommyofboygirls

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 2:21 pm
Soy yogurt with red grapes mixed in.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics