Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
The WORST thing you ever ate
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 10:48 am
gp2.0 wrote:
Chunks of canned tuna in a matbucha sauce. It was appalling. I hate any kind of fish with tomato sauce, I don't even know why I tried it. I can't even think of it now without gagging.

Also, pasta with ketchup and cottage cheese tastes and looks alarmingly like vomit.

Please forgive me but I'm laughing here Rolling Laughter

acemom

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 10:51 am
For me it is SUSHI! Sick

Bring it on Bring it on

momoftwo2

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 10:57 am
I was at a bar mitzva years ago and filled my cup w what I thought was cola. I took a sip and it tasted awful. The waitress then confirmed that she mistakenly put soy sauce in the pitcher instead of cola! Gross

fleetwood

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 11:04 am
I was at a bris erev Yom Kippur one year. I ate stuff with rosewater in it. I had the awful taste in my mouth the entire fast!! Uch, the absolute worst!

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 11:58 am
gp2.0 wrote:

Also, pasta with ketchup and cottage cheese tastes and looks alarmingly like vomit.

I'd imagine so.
Why did you eat these foods together?

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 11:59 am
DrMom wrote:
I'd imagine so.

Watcha talkin about? That's delicious!

gp2.0

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 12:12 pm
DrMom wrote:
I'd imagine so.

Lol we ate those at school lunches in elementary school. The school would serve things like parve cholent and potato kugel, or farina and Jello, or plain pasta and peaches in syrup...cottage cheese and ketchup were available most days, so we'd mix the pasta with either cottage cheese and ketchup or cottage cheese and sugar...

egam

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 12:26 pm
Durian. My DH and DS though it would be a good idea to have it as a new fruit for Rosh Hashona.

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 12:40 pm
DrMom wrote:
I'd imagine so.

I was served this at a friends house. Yuck I thought it looked like a yeast infection during my TOM. Imagine thinking that and trying not to gag.

I hate Geffen canned vegtables. They are overcooked. I don't mind their stir fry vegetable mix if it is added in a minute before serving.

morah

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 1:00 pm
egam wrote:
Durian. My DH and DS though it would be a good idea to have it as a new fruit for Rosh Hashona.

Durian would probably taste fine if it didn't smell like a dirty diaper. I tasted it because the person who convinced me to try it swore it tastes a lot better than it smells. Which may be true, but the smell was so overpowering that I thought it tasted like the smell. I've always wondered who decided that it would be a good idea to attempt to eat it once they got close enough to smell it. Aren't humans wired to avoid foods that reek?

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 1:17 pm
I like gross things. Seriously. I think it's enjoyable to eat foods that have bizarre tastes. My favorite food is still seabass, but the weirder the taste, the more likely I am to try it!

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 1:25 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
I like gross things. Seriously. I think it's enjoyable to eat foods that have bizarre tastes. My favorite food is still seabass, but the weirder the taste, the more likely I am to try it!

What do you think about this?

White rice with ketchup and slices of vinegar pickles (I like it! But I know it sounds gross)

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 1:29 pm
JustMeMyself wrote:
What do you think about this?

White rice with ketchup and slices of vinegar pickles (I like it! But I know it sounds gross)

That really doesn't sound too weird. It sounds like a pretty ok taste.
I like to eat bizarre fruits, interesting flavors, interesting flavors, etc. etc.

DrMom

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 1:35 pm
morah wrote:
Durian would probably taste fine if it didn't smell like a dirty diaper. I tasted it because the person who convinced me to try it swore it tastes a lot better than it smells. Which may be true, but the smell was so overpowering that I thought it tasted like the smell. I've always wondered who decided that it would be a good idea to attempt to eat it once they got close enough to smell it. Aren't humans wired to avoid foods that reek?

Durian is okay if you are nowhere near the peel of the fruit.

I remember when I was in Thailand, there was a sign in the lobby of the service apt where I was staying stating: NO UNPEELED DURIAN FRUIT MAY BE BROUGHT INTO THIS BUILDING.

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 1:36 pm
The first time I ate peppermint ice cream I felt like I was eating frozen toothpaste. But I got used to it and learned to like it.

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 1:47 pm
I don't like ice cream, but it's not disgusting. I don't like most foods actually.

lech lecha08

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 1:52 pm
JustMeMyself wrote:
The first time I ate peppermint ice cream I felt like I was eating frozen toothpaste. But I got used to it and learned to like it.

When I was pregnant with my first I loved mint chocolate cookies. After birth, I tried one and it tasted like toothpaste.

My grossest thing was a pasta/corn/black bean dish I tried making. I took one bite and couldn't continue. We were newly married and DH had a few bites before I told him he didn't have to eat it. He looked so relieved

pumpkinsbubby

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 2:04 pm
Someone told me to sprinkle Rosemary on raw chicken and broil it. When it was done, I could not even look at it, let alone taste it. It looked like the chicken was hairy and had not been cleaned before baking it. ugh!

IMHopinion

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 2:27 pm
Castor oil!

Iymnok

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 3:01 pm
I love smelly cheese! The smellier the better! I even let my cheese sit out to ripen. When it starts to get little blue mold spots I eat those. Think camembert left out for a couple days, moldy, creamy and delicious.
I won't touch American cheese.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics