Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Vegetarians
Previous  1  2

Are you vegetarian?
Yes  
 18%  [ 8 ]
No  
 81%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 44

nehama

Post Sun, Jan 29 2006, 6:58 pm
I'm vegetarian but my husband's not. Any ideas for things that don't look or taste like tofu so he'll eat it too?

chen

Post Mon, Jan 30 2006, 1:10 pm
eliana wrote:
I'm a vegetarian - however I'd like to be a vegan I try hard but every time I go to visit frends and family - they make a vegetarian meal to me, and it is so kind.... I just can't tell them that I want to be vegan!

why not tell them outright and ahead of time that you are vegan (and explain what that means)? We have a vegan friend whom we have over fairly often for Shabbos meals. I do have to remember to have water challah instead of egg challah and to hold the mayo (I once bought soy mayo but it was not a success) but AFAIK he has neither left our house hungry nor compromised his vegan-ness.

shanie5

Post Tue, Jan 31 2006, 5:26 pm
my 17 yr old is a recent vegetarian, so I want to thank those who posted recipes. I never knew to drain the tofu so well- that bit of advice helps.
I once made a vegan lazagna [for a catering job] using tofu (mashed up) and zucchini. it was a big hit.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen