Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Best affordable tablet?
1  2  Next

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 11:19 am
Help!

youngishbear

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 11:22 am
Apple? Android? Windows?

What will you be using it for?

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 11:28 am
Android.

I need something that's very quick. Mostly for browsing and emailing.

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 11:30 am
did you try google? google top ten tablets 2015 and you should get some good advice.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 11:30 am
I'm familiar with windows tablets. Sorry...

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 11:32 am
Thanks! Can't make up my mind.... Thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy tab 4 in the 8 inch.
Anyone have it? Is this a good choice?

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 11:37 am
youngishbear wrote:
I'm familiar with windows tablets. Sorry...

Do you have a Windows one that you recommend?

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 12:31 pm
I have a samsung galaxy tab 2, 7 inch. I bought it brand new 2 or 3 years ago. I find the browsing and typing terrible on it, compared to my iphone. I only really use it as a book reader or watching stuff.

the newer ones may be better, so maybe try one out in the store. or maybe its just me...

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 12:37 pm
Raisin wrote:
I have a samsung galaxy tab 2, 7 inch. I bought it brand new 2 or 3 years ago. I find the browsing and typing terrible on it, compared to my iphone. I only really use it as a book reader or watching stuff.

the newer ones may be better, so maybe try one out in the store. or maybe its just me...

Can't try it in the store cuz I'm ordering it from Amazon. I type A LOT. so that would be an issue. Can't afford an ipad...

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 12:38 pm
an ipad mini is not that expensive. Can you find one refurbished?

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 12:42 pm
Raisin wrote:
an ipad mini is not that expensive. Can you find one refurbished?

How small is a mini? I really don't want anything smaller than a 7-8 inch. I was thinking of getting a refurbished one but I'm a bit worried about that..

mille

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 2:28 pm
JustMeMyself wrote:
Thanks! Can't make up my mind.... Thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy tab 4 in the 8 inch.
Anyone have it? Is this a good choice?

I have the tab 4 in 10". It's amazing! Very high resolution, very quick, beautiful display. I think there's a ton of functionality, it's really nice. I would also recommend getting a bluetooth keyboard case (or just a small bluetooth keyboard) if you intend on writing a lot or if you need ot write serious emails (meaning no mistakes).

I paid $220 for my 10" tablet and the 8" ones were cheaper. Much cheaper than an ipad.

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 2:30 pm
mille wrote:
I have the tab 4 in 10". It's amazing! Very high resolution, very quick, beautiful display. I think there's a ton of functionality, it's really nice. I would also recommend getting a bluetooth keyboard case (or just a small bluetooth keyboard) if you intend on writing a lot or if you need ot write serious emails (meaning no mistakes).

I paid $220 for my 10" tablet and the 8" ones were cheaper. Much cheaper than an ipad.

Where did you get that for $220? The 8 inch is $190 on Amazon and the 10 much more!

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 2:38 pm
Millie, do you have Internet connectivity without wi fi?

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 4:50 pm
The iPad mini is a nice size, not too tiny, but more expensive than Android devices. I have heard Nexus is an excellent affordable option (if you want to wait for a sale, I have seen them go down) Or consider Kindle Fire HD, they are relatively well priced because they're meant to pull you into Amazon's media, but you can still just use them for browsing/email and such just fine.

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 5:35 pm
Thanks!

Did you buy with cellular data? Or just WiFi? I'm thinking that just WiFi is really limiting but I can't seem to find a decent priced one with cellular.

Raisin

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 5:47 pm
you can get an ipad mini (I think its not the latest model) for $220. I actually prefer that size to the bigger ones. The bigger ones feel too bulky.

galaxy is 139.

I have a bluetooth keyboard and its only marginally easier then using the screen.

mine is wifi only but I have an iphone for browsing and emailing out of the house. Also, my plan lets me use the internet from my phone on my tablet.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 5:47 pm
I personally did not buy anything. I was gifted a used ipad mini with possibility of cellular but because I was not interested in ongoing expenditure, I stay with wifi. I have internet access at home and rarely find myself far from a library or Starbucks or something, so I'm ok with that. If your cell phone has unlimited data plan, you can often upgrade to use it as a personal wifi hotspot for your tablet for about $10 depending on your provider.

mille

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 6:27 pm
JustMeMyself wrote:
Millie, do you have Internet connectivity without wi fi?

I got it around new years so it was on sale. Another sale will probably pop up. And no, I don't have connectivity without wifi, you need to pay monthly to have a plan like that.

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Mar 17 2015, 6:52 pm
Thanks guys, just ordered a tablet! Hoping it's a good one Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains