Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Adult Sensory Disorder
Previous  1  2  3

When you realized you had sensory problems was it:
As a kid  
 17%  [ 12 ]
As a married woman  
 82%  [ 57 ]
Total Votes : 69

penguin

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 7:33 pm
Binah has an article this week about the introvert and how the author realized after staying home with her 3rd child & doing attachment parenting that she needed her space.

I wonder if introvert personality is connected to people who can't handle certain sensory input?

The Happy Wife

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 7:39 pm
penguin wrote:
Binah has an article this week about the introvert and how the author realized after staying home with her 3rd child & doing attachment parenting that she needed her space.

I wonder if introvert personality is connected to people who can't handle certain sensory input?

So interesting. I'm an introvert. Smile. I'd be interested in finding out. New poll?

gp2.0

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 9:20 pm
I dunno. I think sensory can also mean seeking out sensory experiences like loud noises, crowds, bright lights etc. I imagine those people would be extroverts.

luppamom

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 2:47 am
I'm an extrovert. I do hate crowds and tons of noise. I can't stand weddings when I can't hear the person next to me.

Oh, another thing that really bothers me is smells. I can't stand certain ones.

The cool thing is that I can adapt, but it's painfully slow. Like for awhile I had this thing where my teeth had to be flossed (I got very into flossing) and Shabbos and YT was so hard. Since I had a baby, I don't always remember to floss and it doesn't drive me crazy.

etky

Post Thu, Jul 02 2015, 3:29 am
Another avowed member of the sensory club here.
One of my kids is sensory too and years ago, when I read "The Out-of-Sync Child" it was a revelation as well as personal validation for me.
I'm glad there is awareness now of these issues and that I can be sensitive and affirming of my child who has these issues.
I was ridiculed as a child for my many sensory issues and made to feel that I needed to 'get over' them. Of course there was no such thing as professional help back then. Only kids with speech defects got any sort of acknowledgment.
I have many non-sensory OT issues too that I only realized once some of my kids needed OT.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics