Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How many children do you have
Previous  1  2

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 8:40 am
pointyshoes wrote:
What is a normal amount of time to be on BC? I have one baby and im on it "for a yr at least" thats what my rabbi tells everyone. But I think I might like to take a break after that still ...just to not be preg OR nursing for a couple of months and give my body a rest. Did anyone else do this??

Yes I am currently doing that. I have one child who is 20 months and I'm still taking a break

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 8:54 am
amother wrote:
I have 5. They are close in age, and when they were little, life was intense.
But eventually they all become self sufficient. Now they are young adults, some married and some single. They enjoy each other's company and we love being together.

That sounds like my family, it was quite
Hard on my mother and we had a lot of sibling rivalry BUT now we are close and that includes our spouses.
My kids are much more spread out (and I've a much more supportive spouse BH) and I pray that my kids will be as close when they grow up but it's certainly easier now (although gosh there's still lots of sibling rivalry 😁)

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:15 am
amother wrote:
6 b'h and I don't plan on having anymore

I come from a family of 13, so I consider what I have not a lot, so I may be objective. Having more children is definitely harder than fewer and you don't have a choice what your child will be like, but I feel it's more about how the child is than how many. Two of my children, really more one than two, but they're very similar and one is a little too young, are very difficult. They b'h are not as hard as I've heard others have, but they add a lot more stress to the household. I love them anyway Very Happy !!!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:33 am
pointyshoes wrote:
What is a normal amount of time to be on BC? I have one baby and im on it "for a yr at least" thats what my rabbi tells everyone. But I think I might like to take a break after that still ...just to not be preg OR nursing for a couple of months and give my body a rest. Did anyone else do this??

I was on BC for 2.5 years after my first, until I really felt like I was ready for another. Glad I stayed on it that long because I became pregnant as soon as I went off. I don't think I'll be waiting as long next time because my life is overall easier (dh finished school and now beings in more money AND has more time.)

I have 2 children.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:53 am
I have one child and on a long break for various reasons.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 10:08 am
pointyshoes wrote:

There is no normal amount. Do what feels right. Some don't use bc at all. Some use for 5 years. Whatever.
May rabbanim will give 2 years and tell the women to call after two years if they need more time since the body was designed to nurse clean for 2 years before another pregnancy.

pointyshoes

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 10:24 am
amother wrote:
There is no normal amount. Do what feels right. Some don't use bc at all. Some use for 5 years. Whatever.
May rabbanim will give 2 years and tell the women to call after two years if they need more time since the body was designed to nurse clean for 2 years before another pregnancy.

My kalla teacher told me that it used to b that wether a woman was nursing or not, there was no way they could concieve for 24 monthd after birth. Nowadays because our bodies r so messed up we can b preg from 21 days after technically.....!
Anyway BC is no gaurantee: my friend just became preg while on the pill at 5 months postpartum. What a nightmare

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 11:26 am
I have 3 kah with number 4 on the way iyh. My oldest is 6.5.

sunny90

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 12:36 pm
3 boys (oldest is 5.5) and expecting my 4th BH. I also hope to have a large family and would love to know how people do it without losing their mind and their house disintegrating into a balagan.

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 12:57 pm
7 kah.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 3:02 pm
amother wrote:
I'm so sorry, I did a search and didn't find any threads on this! Reason that I'm asking is because I have 4 very young children and I'm pregnant and find that I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and anxious about the new baby IY"H I don't like that. I want to be excited and prepared. So I was hoping to communicate with some of the women on here who are raising big families (plan on it) and see how they manage/how they fee/how normal my anxiety right now is.....
I did not want to just start a thread "feeling overwhelmed" because I was sure the comments I would get would be "go on birth control, why do you want a big family if you can't cope etc" While that is not at all what I'm trying to get at/gain. I'd prefer to PM/Talk to those who did it/are doing it and hear from them how they enjoy it /keep up with everything!

Thanks!

OP I think you'd get more helpful advice if you posted something like "need advice from mothers of large families" or "how to manage a large family." Probably some people are looking at the current title and deciding not to open the thread because they'd rather not share personal details.

I have 5, oldest and youngest are 7.5 years apart. I think being anxious is normal. I'm not sure how well I manage Wink . But I think we're doing OK.

Is there anything in particular you're worried about? Like, making meals, or having personal time with each kid, or just plain not going nuts?

In general I think the main things are to prioritize, and to do things as efficiently as possible. The house only needs to be clean enough, meals only need to be healthy enough. Prioritize enjoying your time with your kids, and keeping yourself happy and healthy.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 3:07 pm
amother wrote:
I'm so sorry, I did a search and didn't find any threads on this! Reason that I'm asking is because I have 4 very young children and I'm pregnant and find that I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and anxious about the new baby IY"H I don't like that. I want to be excited and prepared. So I was hoping to communicate with some of the women on here who are raising big families (plan on it) and see how they manage/how they fee/how normal my anxiety right now is.....
I did not want to just start a thread "feeling overwhelmed" because I was sure the comments I would get would be "go on birth control, why do you want a big family if you can't cope etc" While that is not at all what I'm trying to get at/gain. I'd prefer to PM/Talk to those who did it/are doing it and hear from them how they enjoy it /keep up with everything!

Thanks!

Most people with 10+ kids are prob too busy to be on imamother.

Rodent

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 8:02 pm
6 boys. Eldest is 8, youngest is 19m (all very close together)

mille

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 8:07 pm
None, but I got one cookin'!

I'm clearly not very helpful when speaking about having a lot of little kids all at once!

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 8:47 pm
Mills, same boat as you, none yet, one on the way, Baruch Hashem!!

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 8:58 pm
I find that, when people refer to having a large # of kids, they'll often say something to the effect of "we are managing, kids are doing ok, house is not a flying wreck" without referencing how a marriage or personal life (or finances!) is maintained with a large # of kids back to back

are those not priorities in our society? why arent they referenced?

pause

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:00 pm
mille wrote:
None, but I got one cookin'!

I'm clearly not very helpful when speaking about having a lot of little kids all at once!

That is really nice news! Thanks for sharing!

nywife

Post Sun, Aug 30 2015, 9:33 pm
0. No hugs though please.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics