Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood Girls Schools
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 11 2015, 9:16 pm
amother wrote:
for the person that says bnos devorah like bnos yakov in curriculum- no shychus!! ( I send there and have few daughters in school ..)

I thought Bnos Devorah patterned their curriculum on Bais Faiga. Some of the staff there used to teach in Bais Faiga.

Bnos Esther Malka is the school that is patterned on Bnos Yaakov, since the principal used to teach in Bnos Yaakov.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 12:20 am
First of all most teachers dont leave in lkwd from one school to the next so not sure what u mean and just because a principal taught one grade hebrew in a school has no baring on the curriculum( and just happens to be she is a carefree kind of person if you know her)

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 12:57 am
Anyone a parent in Bnos Bracha currently and can weigh in on the academic standards? I keep hearing the same thing about it being a low level academic school but I've also heard that it has changed. It takes a long time for the name of a school to change, so I need to know what the CURRENT curriculum standards are, anyone? Thanks!

byisrael

Post Thu, Sep 08 2016, 1:16 am
I went to Bnos Yaakov and had Mrs. Schorr (principal of Bnos Esther Malka) as an eight grade teacher.
She is one of the most amazing people I know. While she is a very easygoing and carefree person I assume (from speaking to her about Bnos Yaakov curriculum in general before she became a principal) that the curriculum will be modeled after the positive aspects (and there are a lot- I learned more on Bnos Yaakov both in Kodesh and Secular studies than I did in my non BY Israeli highschool which prepared us for the highest level possible goverment testing)of the Bnos Yaakov curriculum without all of the pressure....

friendly1

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:12 am
Can anyone please explain to me why a school would refuse a child of parents that work for living? What is WRONG with that?

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:22 am
I'm just wondering, when people say a school is more/less academic, does that refer to limudei kodesh, secular, or both?

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:27 am
Here's a winner - one of the kids I work with just told me that in her friend's school the girls say that saying "mom" is an avera and non jewish and they're not allowed to use that word

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:31 am
friendly1 wrote:
Can anyone please explain to me why a school would refuse a child of parents that work for living? What is WRONG with that?

No school is refusing students on the basis of their parent(s) working for a living.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:32 am
allthingsblue wrote:
I'm just wondering, when people say a school is more/less academic, does that refer to limudei kodesh, secular, or both?

Both

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:33 am
amother wrote:
Here's a winner - one of the kids I work with just told me that in her friend's school the girls say that saying "mom" is an avera and non jewish and they're not allowed to use that word

Yeah, and I could tell you a few winners I've heard from my cousins' aunts' SIL's kids that say various things about schools.

I could also bash all the schools in a given city by repeating hearsay and posting it anonymously on imamother.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:36 am
Chayalle wrote:
No school is refusing students on the basis of their parent(s) working for a living.

Yes they are

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 11:38 am
amother wrote:
Yes they are

Tell me one school in Lakewood that has no parents who work for a living.

cnc

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 1:09 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Tell me one school in Lakewood that has no parents who work for a living.

I'm not the anonymous poster and I don't live in Lakewood but a few people have told me that Reb. Ziemba's school is as described. This was a couple of years ago. I don't know if it's still accurate- or if it ever was accurate.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 1:16 pm
cnc wrote:
I'm not the anonymous poster and I don't live in Lakewood but a few people have told me that Reb. Ziemba's school is as described. This was a couple of years ago. I don't know if it's still accurate- or if it ever was accurate.

DD's close friend has little sisters to that school (Chein BY). Both parents work.

Next.

(edited to take out some details for privacy)

Last edited by Chayalle on Tue, Sep 13 2016, 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 1:19 pm
Chayelle- when you say work do you mean in klei kodesh, in a heimish place, in the secular work force... don't know if schools care

Chayalle

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 1:24 pm
amother wrote:
Chayelle- when you say work do you mean in klei kodesh, in a heimish place, in the secular work force... don't know if schools care

I mean work. Doesn't matter if it's being a Rebbe, running your own business, or whatever (so long as it's clean, kosher, and honest).

debsey

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 1:28 pm
cnc wrote:

Rebbetzin Ziemba's school caters to a more yeshivish crowd. There are definitely some fathers who work, probably all started out in kollel. She accepts the kids of her BY 18th avenue alumni, and some of them are married to men who work.

debsey

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 1:32 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Yeah, and I could tell you a few winners I've heard from my cousins' aunts' SIL's kids that say various things about schools.

I could also bash all the schools in a given city by repeating hearsay and posting it anonymously on imamother.

Applause Liking wasn't enough. Things get lost in translation all the time. To reference the poster above, if a teacher says something like "let's be careful to always sound refined in speech, like calling our Mommy "Mommy" not saying "Mom" to sound more non jewish...." it's turned into "There's a teacher in Lakewood who said it's assur l'halacha to say the word Mom and if you do you are going straight to Gehenom, (do not pass Go, do not collect 200.00....)"

Kids come home with these kinds of things all the time. Come on..... Rolling Eyes

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 3:00 pm
cnc wrote:

My neighbors's daughter goes there and he is an accountant.

benny

Post Tue, Sep 13 2016, 3:12 pm
amother wrote:
My neighbors's daughter goes there and he is an accountant.

My bro in laws sister sends there and he's been working for awhile now. Not a rebbe or anything.
Page 7 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics