Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Wedding invite
Previous  1  2

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 12:25 pm
If that's done by you, just do it. No poem you are grown up and it is not respectful...
If that's not done, like I would never attend this to animate a party by dancing lol, then maybe take cheaper food and invite those who matter!

zaq

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 5:24 pm
aleph wrote:
Wow.... OK.... It's news to me.... I've never heard of that before..... Then what's the issue that op is having?

Read the OP. Evidently she's not aware that chuppah-only invitations are a common practice and therefore thinks she has to do something "cute" to soften the blow of being invited only to chuppah and dancing. Meanwhile those in the know know full well that few people can afford to invite the singles to the dinner, and the singles in these circles don't expect to be invited to more than chuppah and dancing. Nor do they really want to be, because they cannot afford to shell out a gift commensurate with the cost of feeding them.

PAMOM

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 5:50 pm
Following up on Zaq and others: I come from a community where you get invited to everything or you don't get invited to anything, but I know it's different other places. In fact, when I got married, I had several people ask if their kids (who I had babysat, etc) could come just for the dancing. When a college friend got married (my first NY wedding!), she invited a number of local friends-once-removed (ie, my then boyfriend) to come for dancing. I was very touched as were they. It mattered that they were local and could easily come, but now that I am close to wedding-planning , I see that the figures are crazy. There are other options in other communities. We've been invited to sheva brachot after weddings we weren't invited to and to bridal luncheons (all women) a few weeks before the wedding where more distant friends and family were invited to a very classy catered affair. Different communities do things really differently.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics