Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
After using the ladies room at home, where do you wash
1  2  Next

After using the ladies room at home, where do you wash your hands?
I wash my hands quickly in the bathroom and then do so in the kitchen as well.  
 7%  [ 22 ]
I go directly to the kitchen to wash my hands.  
 12%  [ 39 ]
I wash my hands in the bathroom. Thats enough.  
 80%  [ 246 ]
Total Votes : 307

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 3:43 pm
After using the ladies room at home, where do you wash your hands?

Kitchen or bathroom or both?

Maya

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 3:48 pm
As per a shailah that we asked about this, we wash up in the bathroom.

Smile1234

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 3:54 pm
No sink in the room with my toilet, so I wash in the sink right outside. How's that for solving the problem Smile

cm

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 3:57 pm
Are you asking about ritual washing or cleanliness?

miami85

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 3:59 pm
Are we talking for sanitary purposes or halachic?
I thought from a halachic perspective that since modern plumbing removes the wasted from the room its not really a problem to wash in there. IMO, for sanitary purposes, in you have to wash in the kitchen as well, that's a little over the top for me--then why would you have a sink in the bathroom as well (I'm not talking a powder room/first floor bathroom).

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 4:11 pm
cm wrote:
Are you asking about ritual washing or cleanliness?

Ritual/Tumah.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 4:12 pm
Smile1234 wrote:
No sink in the room with my toilet, so I wash in the sink right outside. How's that for solving the problem Smile

Not that many people have a sink right outside the bathroom.

littleprincess

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 4:13 pm
We wash our hands 6 times with a cup after using the bathroom. I usually go down to the kitchen unless I'm planning to stay upstairs or if I go to bed then I close the toilet seat and wash 6 times in the bathroom

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Oct 19 2015, 4:19 pm
We made a sink outside each bathroom for this purpose.It solves all issues.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 9:45 am
In my own home, the bathroom sinks are in the bathrooms and that's where I wash.

In my space planning business, on one or 2 occasions I have been asked to position a bathroom sink outside the bathroom — very rarely.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 10:31 am
I didn't know you must wash 6 times like the morning, after using the bathroom embarrassed
Everyone does that?

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 10:35 am
amother wrote:
I didn't know you must wash 6 times like the morning, after using the bathroom embarrassed
Everyone does that?

According to most you do not need to do so. You just need to wash and it doesn't need to be with a cup either. And it can be in the bathroom. Some people prefer to be stricter and do it with a cup -- even then it can be just once per hand.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 10:39 am
whew thanks ootbubby!

so if I just wash my hands the regular way, hands under the tap an some soap, that's enough? or do I have to wash again since that was for hygeine purposes.?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 10:49 am
With a cup, once over each, to the knuckles, not wrist. Bedieved, regular soap and water is good enough.

judys

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 10:57 am
https://www.ou.org/torah/machs.....room/

rae

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 11:22 am
I was really uncomfortable when a guest used the bathroom and then washed his hands in my kitchen sink over my dirty dishes. I think def a preliminary washing belongs in the bathroom.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 1:03 pm
I have never seen a sink just like that outside a room, or washing in the kitchen after the toilets. Gross.
We wash in the bathroom which is next door from the toilt. That's where the sinks are.

sky

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 1:16 pm
I wash in the bathroom.

We have family that wash outside of the bathroom. On floors were there is no sink accessible they keep a towel outside to at least dry. I understood that it is something extra that someone could take on themselves, but not required.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 2:41 pm
judys wrote:
https://www.ou.org/torah/machshava/tzarich-iyun/tzarich_iyun_washing_after_leaving_the_washroom/

Thank you so much for this!!!!! ds's hands during the winter get soo chapped and now I have sources to show him not to go overboard- thank you thank you!

boymom

Post Wed, Oct 21 2015, 10:14 pm
I find it interesting that some pple hold that its ok to just wash hands without a cup after using the ladies room. we always learned that u wash 6 times- 3 times each hand.

at my workplace- we have quite a variety of women working there, and whenever I am at the sink with them, they are using the washing cup after using the bathroom.

also, at my son's headstart, there are signs from the nyc dept of health about handwashing procedure. theres little picture icons of each step (soap, rub, rinse...etc. ) the last 2 icons show hands washing using a cup and then a scrolled paper which they labeled "pray".
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette