Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
A horrifying case of child abuse..."natural" parenting
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Zehava

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 11:18 pm
But at least she isn't like those evil parents who drug their kids and lock them in their rooms. No she cuddles with her kids, while watching them struggle for every breath.

spring13

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 11:21 pm
amother wrote:
u can all say what u want , I admire her for her strength and convictions . she felt this was right for her family and stuck to it despite the difficulties . maybe not my way , but admirable nevertheless .

Shtuyot. This wasn't strength of conviction, it was self-righteous stubbornness. Her children suffered because she thought she was the be-all and end-all of medical knowledge, simply because she's a mom. She's arrogant, not strong.

spring13

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 11:27 pm
Devoirie wrote:
She spent hundreds of dollars to give her kids supplements and enemas Puke round the clock. Were any studies done on these enemas to see if they work for whooping cough?

Considering that her kids had the disease for 4+ months (yes, coughing can persist for last a long time - but that's at the long end of the range at best), I'd say they didn't do a darn thing. But you know, it was clearly worth it. She's a better parent and a better person than everyone else. No one will ever match her devotion and intelligence.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Nov 04 2015, 11:41 pm
Jeanette wrote:
This belongs in safe haven where everyone will be patting her back telling her she did exactly the right thing.

I'm all for natural parenting, but not when the result is making your kids suffer. I guarantee you that even if this were to be in the safe haven, she wouldn't be getting tons of pats on the back.

Zehava

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 12:03 am
Didn't anyone report this to CPS?

sequoia

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 12:49 am
"I just want you to ask yourself… How did people make it through for thousands of years? How did they get through the Spanish Influenza, the Black Plague, fevers and other ailments?"

They DIDN'T. They died.

mirror

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 12:51 am
It sounds as thought the kids picked up the cough from the doctor's homeopath's waiting room from other non-vaccinated kids. This will generate more money for the doctor homeopath who probably sold $$$ of medicines home remedies to the mothers.

More enemas, anyone?

November

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 1:46 am
This story is scary. I do know Moms like this one. My kids had Pertussis and it's scary. Giving the meds early does help. I guess everyone has got their parenting theories. I feel worried for her kids. And for her marriage.

ora_43

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 1:58 am
Deep wrote:
"I just want you to ask yourself… How did people make it through for thousands of years? How did they get through the Spanish Influenza, the Black Plague, fevers and other ailments?"

They died by the millions. Some were lucky and survived.

That's the Western version of history. She holds by the natural version of history. Wink Wink

kalsee

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 2:43 am
sequoia wrote:

They DIDN'T. They died.

Natural selection.
That's what she's going for with her kids- either ramp up your immune system or die.

chouli

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 5:06 am
I can only say that whooping cough on a baby is nothing to build the immune system. It is extremly dangerous! I have been there. My baby got the whooping cough with one month. Someone, probably an adult who didn't even know he was ill, infected her. It was horrible. As it was diagnosed rather late, the vaccination didn't help anymore. So we had to get through it. Every night I was scared and praying that she would start breathing again after a strong cough. I was ready to call an ambulance hundreds of times...
It is true that for older kids and adults it is not a big deal, and meaybe even good for their immune system. But babys can die from it! So please, don't only think about your kids, but also about others who might be affected.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 5:45 am
That article made me want to cry and throw up at the same time.

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 5:52 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
That article made me want to cry and throw up at the same time.

Same here and I wanted to slap the stupid out of her.

sourstix

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 6:40 am
I can only understand this mother, by saying she got some shtus in her head and you cant reason with her. I am all for natural. keeping body healthy and eating healthy but this is abuse in my head. shes arrogant. thats why I think the govt should get involved in these cases. thats what govt is for for those that lack the knowledge to protect the vulnerable when there is noone. a voice for those those. its so not fair to these children. hashem yeracheim. and when one of these children die, everyone has rachmanus on her but she did it to herself! she is suffering the consequences. oh well. these pp dont work with common sense. dont waste your time.

sim

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 6:51 am
kalsee wrote:
Natural selection.
That's what she's going for with her kids- either ramp up your immune system or die.

Just BTW, the recovery rate for the bubonic plague (y. Pestis) was 15%. But if you made it through, hey, you would probably live through anything.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 7:04 am
amother wrote:
u can all say what u want , I admire her for her strength and convictions . she felt this was right for her family and stuck to it despite the difficulties . maybe not my way , but admirable nevertheless .

Well I have this conviction that I think it's healthy to bash my kids over the head with a baseball bat. People have told me it's not right, but only mama knows what's best for her kids. Don't you admire me?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 7:51 am
Well of course her treatments didn't help. Don't you know that all these kids needed were some leeches and blood lettings?

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 8:38 am
How was CPS not called on her for withholding medical treatment from her kids? Ppl have had CPS called on them for much more benign forms of medical neglect. This is borderline abuse.

sky

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 8:53 am
I know a child who died of a disease that is commonly curable today because the parent insisted on treating it naturally. It was horrific and he suffered so much, by the time the parent brought him to the hospital he died within 24 hours. (the mother did spend time in jail).
This story makes me so sad.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 9:08 am
Like many of the other people on this thread, my first thought was, no, people didn't survive plague, they died.
This article was written by a Heather, same Heather on the left of the article who's a naturopath? I think that there is something to complementary and alternative approaches but yes, I agree with the title 100%.
What I find most intriguing is that there's only one comment! And this was written a few weeks ago. Surely her acolytes should have gushed and endorsed her. Unless she has no readership? Should we flood the comment sections with the plague snip and a response, No, they died? Twisted Evil
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics