Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Touro or Stern instead of sem
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 11:29 am
I believe touro in Manhattan has a dorm
Mono

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 11:41 am
OP here...can't say TOO much here, but at sem dd has had disciplinary action for repeatedly breaking curfew. The boarding with shul rebbetzin was in high school, last year. We are only looking at Touro right now. She is not even willing to go for an interview or across Manhattan to look at Stern, so lucky me....a $20K savings, just like that:) If she acclimates to NYC and wants to switch to a secular school down the road, that would be fine by me. Initially, I think it's going to be Touro....if she likes what she sees. If not, will have to regroup.

And yes, I know I've been very controlling. Always trusted her completely without question and then realized by age 16 she was not whom she presented herself to be with me. As things came to light....I changed. Felt like a fool. I have OTD kids. I know what it looks like as they unravel. Not sure she is going that way at all, as she's almost 19.

Spoke to a rebbetzin at her sem today and she said that dd seems to be really enjoying the classes, not the girls so much. She has flatly told me, she is NOT Chabad. I'm really not invested in choosing her derech as I'm a BT. Just want her to pick one a kosher derech:)

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 4:25 pm
amother wrote:
Spoke to a rebbetzin at her sem today and she said that dd seems to be really enjoying the classes, not the girls so much. She has flatly told me, she is NOT Chabad. I'm really not invested in choosing her derech as I'm a BT. Just want her to pick one a kosher derech:)

She is a young woman, give her time to pick her own derech. She needs time to live and choose her own path and some exposure as well.

You have some serious control issues if you're not happy with the time frame of her personal spirituality. Oh and becoming more modern isn't always a bad thing.

Hatemywig

Post Mon, Jan 09 2017, 5:39 pm
Edited as what I wrote is not relevant.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics