Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving to Lakewood
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Emaplus4

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 1:23 pm
B"H at my sons yeshiva now I get scholarship and kol Torah ask how much we pay

Emaplus4

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 1:36 pm
By the way which cheder is eveyone talking about there is 2 Bnei Torah other one is Torah zev?

amother
Red

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 2:42 pm
Cheder usually means the "lakewood cheder"

Emaplus4

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 9:38 pm
If you had the option to get accepted to one of the following Yeshivas which one would you pick and why?

Yeshiva Kol Torah

Yeshiva Shaagas Aryeh

Yeshiva Tashbar

From the research that I have done It looks like the above 3 Yeshivas are over all the same in all aspects (correct me if I?m wrong) and they will be a good choice for my boys.

So which one will you pick and why?

Thanks.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 10:09 pm
Emaplus4 wrote:
If you had the option to get accepted to one of the following Yeshivas which one would you pick and why?

Yeshiva Kol Torah

Yeshiva Shaagas Aryeh

Yeshiva Tashbar

From the research that I have done It looks like the above 3 Yeshivas are over all the same in all aspects (correct me if I?m wrong) and they will be a good choice for my boys.

So which one will you pick and why?

Thanks.

All things being equal, I'd pick the one closest to my house. The traffic here can be a nightmare!

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 10:55 pm
they are not all the same. Shagas Aryeh is more yeshivish, teitch in Yiddish, men english teachers. I would pick Tashbar. It's well run. teitches in English and a normal frum working crowd. Kol Torah is more balabatish, mothers not as tznius (the ones I know that send there) anyway shagas aryeh is impossible to get into. they got like 200 applications for 20 slots.

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 11:07 pm
Burgundy - that is the best piece of advice I have ever heard about applying to school here in Lakewood!

Especially now when it looks like bussing will end at some point

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 12:12 am
I hope you have already applied - if it is for this coming september, it's late in the year to start the application process.

Emaplus4

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 12:33 am
Well we got accepted into Kol Torah
(2 boys) just want to make sure we get the right school the first time, I don't want to have to change schools down the road. We have sent applications to the other 2 yeshivas, but no interview so far.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 1:52 am
Kol Torah is definitely the easiest of those three to get intoits probably the easiest boys school in Lakewood to get into, Then tashbar and then shragas aryeh.

Shragas aryeh most parents are learning and the fathers that aren't would go back to learning if someone would support them.

Tashbar parent body the parents are working because that's the lifestyle that they want to follow.

Shragas aryeh has a lot more rules, ie, only black shoes no other colors in it, not even a white stripe, collared shirts, no tan pants in the summer. In tashbar there are no rules.

I think there are many post on here explaining the difference I don't get why you still say it's the same type of school. Most people that want tashbar doesn't want shragas aryeh and vice versa.

I hope this helps.

Emaplus4

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 7:43 am
Ok I guess I was wrong

amother
Green

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 9:13 am
amother wrote:
Kol Torah is definitely the easiest of those three to get intoits probably the easiest boys school in Lakewood to get into, Then tashbar and then shragas aryeh.

Shragas aryeh most parents are learning and the fathers that aren't would go back to learning if someone would support them.

Tashbar parent body the parents are working because that's the lifestyle that they want to follow.

Shragas aryeh has a lot more rules, ie, only black shoes no other colors in it, not even a white stripe, collared shirts, no tan pants in the summer. In tashbar there are no rules.

I think there are many post on here explaining the difference I don't get why you still say it's the same type of school. Most people that want tashbar doesn't want shragas aryeh and vice versa.

I hope this helps.

My son goes to Tashbar and they have a very strict dress code.

Collars on shirts, dark yarmulkas and pants, shoes must be black or blue with no colors. Until fourth grade you can have a light colored sole on the shoe.

Whatever info you have on Tashbar's dress code you are wrong. My nephews go to the Cheder and Tashbar's dress code is much stricter.

here is the dress code for Tashbar

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 9:39 am
amother wrote:

I hope this helps.

We actually applied to both Shaagas Aryeh and Tashbar. My son is in Tashbar but we are definitely from the more yeshivish ones in the school.

Tashbar does have a very strict dress code. Everything you wrote about Shaagas Aryeh's dress code applies to Tashbar, plus more.

Emaplus4

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 9:44 am
The dress code doesn't bother me is it the same at kol Torah

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:28 am
amother wrote:
My son goes to Tashbar and they have a very strict dress code.

Collars on shirts, dark yarmulkas and pants, shoes must be black or blue with no colors. Until fourth grade you can have a light colored sole on the shoe.

Whatever info you have on Tashbar's dress code you are wrong. My nephews go to the Cheder and Tashbar's dress code is much stricter.

here is the dress code for Tashbar

THIS IS JUDAISM AMERICA

happybeingamom

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:37 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
THIS IS JUDAISM AMERICA

Many schools public and private have uniforms or a code of dress. There is nothing wrong with that. Nothing to do with Judaism.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:43 am
Have you ever been to England? My cousin's 4-year-old son dresses in the same pants, vest, shirt, tie, socks, and shoes as his entire school. Nothing to do with being Jewish - some public schools there have similar dress codes.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:56 am
I personally know of 3 families that switched out of Kol Torah this year so there are probably more. 2 went to Tashbar and 1 to YTT.
Maybe do a bit more research before sending there.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 11:11 am
If you got in, go for it.

We are happy in Kol Torah.

Actually if I had to send somewhere else I'd probably go for Shaagas Aryeh, so you are not so off by saying that there are similarities.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 11:18 am
happybeingamom wrote:
Many schools public and private have uniforms or a code of dress. There is nothing wrong with that. Nothing to do with Judaism.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear
The uniform per se is fine
It just appears that the school seems to be overly backside about little details
Meanwhile I drive boys from some of these schools and their middos could use a major overhaul
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating