Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you believe that a wife has to obey her husband?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 3:00 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
From what I'm hearing of The Surrendered Wife, it sounds like a fantastic tool under certain conditions. It also sounds like there's some manipulation involved, but I'm not totally sure.

I have read the book cover to cover.

I think she has some great tools but I don't think it should be applied to every aspect of your life.

just one example- she recommends leaving the finances COMPLETELY up to the husband even if he is spaced out. She says "what is the worst that can happen? You will miss a few payments? The electricity will get turned off? Not a big deal" Unfortunately I think it is a very shortsighted approach. You can lose your home, good credit, etc from taking such an approach. Those sort of things take years and years to repair the damage.

another example- don't criticize how your husband takes care of the kids EVER. I don't think a woman who has no children understands what she is asking mother to do. If a husband doesn't seatbelt a child properly or doesn't cut food to small enough sizes there can be terrible consequences. A mother needs to proactively make sure her children are safe even if it bruises her husbands ego.

On the other hand, I have applied some of the things she said and it worked very well and I saw improvement. It just needs to be read with some common sense.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics