Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What does your diamond engagement ring look like?
Previous  1  2  3

cm

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 10:57 am
Ruchel wrote:
Round, no prong, plain band (don't like several diamonds on engagement band), it sticks out isn't too high to be without prong. My grandmother had a classic one with prongs and told me NO PRONG! so right. My husband designed it for me exclusively, my cousin was the jeweller. kah.

How does the diamond stay on without prongs?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 1:57 pm
A part of it is in the ring.

WaterWoman

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 1:59 pm
I think mine is pretty unique. 1 carat square-cut, but turned 45 degrees so that when you look at it head-on it's a diamond shape. 4 prongs, the center stone does stick up but not uncomfortably so, and the sides are a little bit tapered, with tiny round diamonds in a channel setting on either side. I love it (but not as much as the man who gave it to me)!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 2:43 pm
Mine is very similar to this and I LOVE it:

supty

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 2:56 pm
Round diamond, four prongs, white gold. Band is covered with small diamonds.

queenert

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 3:08 pm
Mine is similar-ish to the oak amother. No halo though and different twist design. Less of a classic twist and also more closed in on the diamond.
Round diamond set just slightly above the ring with 4 prongs in diamond shape.
Under the center stone is a band with channel set diamonds that sort of waves across. On each side is another band with channel set diamonds that hug the center band and curl out. Another plain band twists underneath them all in the opposite direction of the center band.
I'm kind of obsessed with it. Smile

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 4:49 pm
I love mine. I mean I love a lot of diamond rings and if I was offered to design my own I would make something totally different ... and change it 16 times but my mil happens to have a really good taste in jewelry so I can't complain.

It is a tear drop diamond, on 4 crushed diamond prongs, then 3 different shapes/style of diamond on each side. White gold band but only a small bit of the actual band visible at the back.
I have knocked/scratched myself tons of times with the diamond but it doesn't really bother me too much.

sky

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 4:56 pm
mfb wrote:
I have white gold, wear the ring every day and I have had to replate it every 3 years approx. Since it gets yellow.
Maybe if you don't wear it all the time this wouldn't happen.

I wear my white gold ring every day and never replated it and it definitely is not yellow.

Maya

Post Wed, Feb 10 2016, 4:58 pm
sky wrote:
I wear my white gold ring every day and never replated it and it definitely is not yellow.

Same.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics