Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
The Most Amazing Chocolate
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Mar 12 2016, 10:39 pm
Does anyone know how LeChocolat compares to the Cocobliss chocolates? Quality and price?

cnc

Post Sat, Mar 12 2016, 10:47 pm
Le chocolate and Miami Beach are excellent.
I did not like the taste of Coco Bliss.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Mar 12 2016, 11:10 pm
amother wrote:
Miami beach chocolates also sells not cholov Yisroel chocolates so if you go there make sure that your package Says cholov Yisroel only. Do they use same utensils for cholov Yisroel and non cholov Yisroel items I wonder. Personally I don't only eat cholov Yisroel but if I was buying for someone who is makpid on cholov Yisroel I don't know if I would buy in a store that makes non cholov Yisroel chocolates too.

I am a close relative of them and I can tell you that they are SOOO Makpid about keeping everything separate. They use different utensils for parve, regular dairy and cholov yisroel. They have three different sinks. Owners keep cholov Yisroel, hence they are so careful

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, Mar 12 2016, 11:23 pm
It's very weird if owners are cholov Yisroel that they even sell non cholov Yisroel. Why wouldn't they only sell cholov Yisroel then? Most people that hold not cholov Yisroel is trief wouldn't sell something that they hold is trief.

oliveoil

Post Sat, Mar 12 2016, 11:37 pm
amother wrote:
It's very weird if owners are cholov Yisroel that they even sell non cholov Yisroel. Why wouldn't they only sell cholov Yisroel then? Most people that hold not cholov Yisroel is trief wouldn't sell something that they hold is trief.

No one, other than perhaps the very misguided, considers non chalav yisrael to be treif.

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, Mar 12 2016, 11:41 pm
If you have good cholov Yisroel
Chocolate why the need to sell non cholov Yisroel chocolate and then you need two molds and two of everything. I wonder if they really do keep everything separate.

Everything they sell has the same version in cholov Yisroel and in non cholov Yisroel.

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Mar 12 2016, 11:47 pm
amother wrote:
Chocolate Wise in Williamsburg makes chocolate I dream about. They may have a website, not sure.

This chocolate is better than le chocolate in Monsey is you like a deep rich smooth European chocolate. Le chocolate is like Hersheys - too sweet.

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Mar 12 2016, 11:48 pm
amother wrote:
Does anyone know how LeChocolat compares to the Cocobliss chocolates? Quality and price?

Coco bliss is much better

tweety1

Post Sat, Mar 12 2016, 11:48 pm
Why didnt anybody mention cocobliss in bp? Just thinking abt their chocolates makes my mouth water.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 3:42 am
no-one and I mean it makes chocolate like chocolate wise. just the thought of it makes my mouth water!!!

The chocolate lover

solo

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 8:29 am
Miami beach non dairy chocolates r amazing. Their Chalav Yisrael r good but not as good as chocolate wise. Coco bliss is just eh.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 10:01 am
Where is chocolate wise Chocolates located?

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 10:22 am
amother wrote:

What kind of idiotic comment is this?? I guess it's just foolish, not idiotic....
No, NO ONE holds non cholov Yisroel is treif. Rolling Eyes shock

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 10:58 am
Just because you don't but others do. And again why would a store sell cholov Yisroel and non cholov Yisroel chocolate if they can just sell all cholov Yisroel chocolate? That means they have to buy double molds of everything and really make sure not to mix things up. Also what is their hechsher anyways?

Also the workers in the store didn't look too frum to me either I don't know if they were owners or workers but they acted like they had an interest in the store?

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 11:05 am
Chocolate wise and cocoaartπŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜’πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 12:06 pm
I want to go to chocolate wise can someone tell me where it is located please?

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 12:16 pm
amother wrote:
I want to go to chocolate wise can someone tell me where it is located please?

Williamsburg Brooklyn NY

106 Lee Avenue between Wmsbg Street and Hooper

http://www.chocolatewiseusa.com/

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Mar 13 2016, 1:12 pm
Chocolate wise is it so much better than le chocolate?

I love chocolate and would travel anywhere for good chocolate.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 10:41 am
amother wrote:
Just because you don't but others do. And again why would a store sell cholov Yisroel and non cholov Yisroel chocolate if they can just sell all cholov Yisroel chocolate? That means they have to buy double molds of everything and really make sure not to mix things up. Also what is their hechsher anyways?

Also the workers in the store didn't look too frum to me either I don't know if they were owners or workers but they acted like they had an interest in the store?

Owners are Lubavitch. I promise they are frum and keep CY. As to why they sell both? DOn't know. I find it weird too. Maybe next time I see the owner I will ask. But FYI the CY and regular dairy selections are not identical.

As a side note, I enjoy their parve chocolates. Nothing special about the CY ones though. Same with the other big chocolate store down here, Le Chocolatier.

sleepybeauty

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 11:23 am
Maroon, I can not possibly figure out what you have against them. I go there all the time and the sections are completely separate and clearly labeled.

The frum owners are always in the store, I don't see why it would matter if one or two workers aren't frum/Jewish. Many stores in Lakewood and New York hire non-Jewish workers, I assume you wouldn't shop there of course.

As to why they would sell Chalav Stam Chocolates at all, the milk is much cheaper and tends to be fresher since it doesn't need to be shipped from up north. Most of their customers don't keep Chalav Yisrael (like me) and prefer the Chalav Stam ones.

As to the original post, Miami Beach chocolate is incredible and they ship. I have given it many times as gifts and recieved rave reviews. I personally prefer it to Godiva.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics