Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Saw child rip book in shul WWYD?
Previous  1  2

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 8:09 am
If you are concerned about the halacha then ask the rav.

Otherwise, it is pretty impossible to closely supervise every toddler every minute. Sometimes this scenario can happen while at the same time the parents are teaching children respect and consideration for property. A toddler is not a preteen.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 8:11 am
Also it was not a chumash because the struggling mother did not give the child a chumash or siddur she gave the child a children's book.
If I were concerned I'd just bring tape on a weekday and repair the book. V'zeh Hu.

MamaBear

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 8:26 am
The posters who don't understand the concern, aren't necessarily lackadaisical in their parenting, they simply understand that hindsight is 20/20. The father or babysitter or friend should have watched the kids for a few minutes. The mom should have brought a quiet toy. Whatever. But it's done, it was an accident by a 2 yr old, and the level of concern and thought put into rectifying the situation from a bystander is unusual. Don't waste your time analyzing this mother's motives, go get ready for Purim.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette