Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Best material to cover countertops for pesach
Previous  1  2

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 7:43 pm
Tape the corrugated plastic down with waterproof tape (special aluminum foil tape).
around the sink, put sticky shelf liner and tape down with special waterproof tape

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 7:54 pm
I use a vinyl clear cover.
I also kasher my granite countertops. You don't need to do both, but my husband holds that its the minhag to both kasher (if the counter is kasherable) and cover.

The vinyl is easy to cut, and you can clean it with windex. And it looks nice. I tape down the edges with clear tape.

I used to buy it at the yard at a hardware store near me. But since it closed down, I get it on Amazon.
Mybecca Clear Marine Vinyl Gauge 8 54-Inch Wide- Sold Folded by Separate Yard https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....0161d

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 8:05 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Tape the corrugated plastic down with waterproof tape (special aluminum foil tape).
around the sink, put sticky shelf liner and tape down with special waterproof tape

Can you please post a link from amazon?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Mar 16 2021, 8:06 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I use a vinyl clear cover.
I also kasher my granite countertops. You don't need to do both, but my husband holds that its the minhag to both kasher (if the counter is kasherable) and cover.

The vinyl is easy to cut, and you can clean it with windex. And it looks nice. I tape down the edges with clear tape.

I used to buy it at the yard at a hardware store near me. But since it closed down, I get it on Amazon.
Mybecca Clear Marine Vinyl Gauge 8 54-Inch Wide- Sold Folded by Separate Yard https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....0161d

It looks like a plastic table cloth when I looked at your link on amazon. Am I correct?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics