Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Does anyone remember dream cups?
Previous  1  2

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 1:51 pm
OMG yes! I remember them all!
except rondos??? how did I miss that one?!

blossoming flower

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 2:02 pm
My 3 most favorite childhood noshes were chew chews, dream cups, and nougat roll!! The peanut butter dream cups were my favorite!
We were having a neighborhood discussion about them the other day.
#bringbackournosh

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 2:05 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I think we called them that, too! Haven't seen them for years!

We called them that too!!

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 3:34 pm
itsme123 wrote:
Chew chews?? Yum I can still taste them!!

same here!
I miss the taste! tho not what it did to my teeth Cheese Mr. Green Rolling Laughter

zohar

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 5:22 pm
Oh I miss peanut butter dream cups

sneakermom

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 6:45 pm
We also called those squares with silver wrappers, "cathys".

And we used to buy chew chews all the time. It was the most sought after nosh.

And Chayalle I didn't know someone else remembered those gone tri colored lollies. Talk about nostalgia!

Does anyone remember how burny the BBQ corn chips used to be? My favorite thing was to buy from the canteen in camp a can of coke and a bag of BBQ corn chips.

ChutzPAh

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 10:05 pm
Yum. Pink chew chews and those xmas tree lollies that chayelle mentioned.

Simple1

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 11:34 pm
I don't remember the dream cups? Was I deprived? I do remember nougat bars and chew chews.

But on the flip side, there was such a small variety of candy back then compared to now where you have an entire supermarket aisle of candy (unfortunately, I guess.)

debsey

Post Tue, May 17 2016, 11:49 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Yum! I even told my DD's about those dream cups. Someone should totally market them again. I would go right out and buy a big bag......I liked the coconut cream ones best.

About the chew-chews, there was a different kind that I loved. They came in cherry, lemon, and orange flavors, and they were sold singly, and wrapped in silvery wrappers with little colored fruit on them. Remember those? Yum!

Another favorite memory - there were these cylinder-shaped lollypops that had a piece of wax at the bottom, and they were red, yellow, and green. As you sucked them the top got kind of pointy. I remember getting them for .25 at the local grocery, on my way to school.....

CHEW - CHEWS! OMG I can taste them! And I remember those lollies too, when they got super pointy they could cut your tongue....... Remember the gum that was shaped like a hot dog or a hamburger? - it was a big shaped gum thing - lasted really long. YUUUUUUUMMMMMM!

Simple1

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 12:04 am
And cigarette gum- how crazy was that?!?

MrsDash

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 12:23 am
I dying here. You guys are teasing me with these cravings that can't possibly be satiated. If someone posts a picture of any of those bygone treats, I will explode!

oliveoil

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 2:43 am
Chayalle wrote:

Another favorite memory - there were these cylinder-shaped lollypops that had a piece of wax at the bottom, and they were red, yellow, and green. As you sucked them the top got kind of pointy. I remember getting them for .25 at the local grocery, on my way to school.....

Astro pops?

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 2:48 am
Some old favorites:

Tangy taffies with the sugar crystals, and also the watermelon ones with the black seeds.
Rondos!
Gorilla gum
The square shoko kids - the bubble klicks do not do the job
Very short lived "pepperoni" Bisselli
Some kind of puffy colorful candy whose name escapes me...

Chayalle

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 10:25 am
debsey wrote:
CHEW - CHEWS! OMG I can taste them! And I remember those lollies too, when they got super pointy they could cut your tongue....... Remember the gum that was shaped like a hot dog or a hamburger? - it was a big shaped gum thing - lasted really long. YUUUUUUUMMMMMM!

Yes that gum! And Cigarette gum - we used to get those for Purim!

I also remember a type of soft, rectangular shaped chew-chew in pastel colors.

asmileaday

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 10:46 am
Chayalla those silver wrapped candies with pictures of little fruit - my grandmother used to keep a round glass jar full of those for when we visit! Ahhh memories. I have seen them recently in the last year or 2 but they don't taste anything like the old ones!

Don't bring back the chew chews! Oiy what they did to the teeth! But the taste was absolute delish. Especially the original ones that came stacked and each one was wrapped in some kind of wax paper which sometimes got stuck in the chew chew. (I have seen in stores 4pcs side by side, nah not the same.)

momof2+?

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 11:00 am
I actually bought one of those thick tangy taffies with the sprinkles on it by accident a few months ago. It was by a cash register and didn't advertise on the wrapper that it had sprinkles.
Are chew chews the same thing as Now and Laters? Bec. I remember eating those, but not in the 80's. More like 2003.

MrsDash

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 11:03 am
Ooooh and how about those politically incorrect candies Alexander the grape, cherry clan, Johnny Apple treats. - they still make them, but they've been renamed. Tangy taffy is now laffy taffy. And you can't find the "airhead" sized tangy taffy candies anymore.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 12:07 pm
chocolate flavored "people pops" - anyone? .....

Mevater

Post Wed, May 18 2016, 12:20 pm
Does anyone remember the caramelly mini chocolate bars that came in a Tam Tam size box that tasted like O Henrys? I cant remember the name.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen