Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Underwear for sensory girl
1  2  Next

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 9:39 am
Attention moms who have girls who need extra comfortable panties. What brands and styles do your girls wear?
We've been buying children's place underwear without ribbon/without elastic exposed for many years but need new suggestions now for slightly larger sizes (10/12).
Any help would be appreciated as we need to head to the stores asap.
Thank you so much!

amother
Denim

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 10:43 am
Hanes were the only ones the worked for me with my own sensory issues. Still the only underwear I wear to this day - I even live overseas and have it sent here. All their elastic is covered and smooth (I guess just make sure there's no lace, since that's irritating, but I don't recall seeing too many kinds with lace for kids). Hanes underwear is 100% cotton, which is much less irritating then a blend of cotton with polyester and/or elastene (or similar stretchy fabric). Furthermore, I get the briefs (rather than hipsters or low rise or bikini or boyshorts), since I find that they are less irritating than the ones that sit lower down (this is a personal preference). Also, most of hanes underwear is tagless (even if they don't say 'tagless' in the name, they usually say it in the description)! Also, I sometimes wear a slightly bigger size so it's less irritating. Another thing to do to reduce how it feels is to wear it inside out - this way, if there are seams on the inside, they don't touch me (this is usually not a problem though).

I recommend these: http://www.hanes.com/hanes/kid.....p9131 - they were literally the only underwear I could wear growing up.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 10:57 am
Hana Annderson;s panties are extremely soft and comfortable, I love it for my little ones.
They're on sale today.
http://www.hannaandersson.com/.....rwear

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 11:33 am
Thank you so much denim amother! The Hanes elastic tops are exposed so I don't think they'd work for dd.
We bought a pack of Carolino underwear today to try but need more options.
Saddlebrown amother, how does the sizing run on the Hana Anderson undies? I'd love to purchase one pack today to try. Shame we won't get free shipping for orders less than $75 but still want to try to purchase today.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 11:38 am
ra_mom wrote:
Thank you so much denim amother! The Hanes elastic tops are exposed so I don't think they'd work for dd.
Saddlebrown amother, how does the sizing run on the Hana Anderson undies? I'd love to purchase one pack today to try. Shame we won't get free shipping for orders less than $75 but still want to try to purchase today.

The sizing is generous but you could call them up I found them very helpful.
If you ever have an issue with any of their things they give you a new one or your money back, I've had such good experience with them.

The underwear is soft, organic and so different than the ones I used to buy locally.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 11:48 am
ra_mom wrote:

I know it looks like the elastic is exposed, but the elastic on top is in fact woven - it is not actual elastic, but rather actual cloth with very thin strings of elastic running through it whch you can't feel from the outside or inside. It's worth going and having your daughter feel it for herself to see if it will bother her. It may or may not. For me, it was much less bothersome than other brands. Good luck!

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 2:26 pm
Hanna Anderson panties are the only ones my kids can handle.

Last time I ordered, I received 2 very different materials. One was a lot less soft than the ones I usually get.

Make sure to get the right ones.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 3:45 pm
amother wrote:
I know it looks like the elastic is exposed, but the elastic on top is in fact woven - it is not actual elastic, but rather actual cloth with very thin strings of elastic running through it whch you can't feel from the outside or inside. It's worth going and having your daughter feel it for herself to see if it will bother her. It may or may not. For me, it was much less bothersome than other brands. Good luck!

Thank you. Maybe I'll try a pack for her. I know what their underwear is like as I have them in white for myself but because the elastic is exposed I never expected them to be good for her. They're inexpensive enough to try and I've been through so many packs of different types that I don't know what to do anymore.

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 3:50 pm
amother wrote:
Hanna Anderson panties are the only ones my kids can handle.

Last time I ordered, I received 2 very different materials. One was a lot less soft than the ones I usually get.

Make sure to get the right ones.

Thank you for telling me this. With my sensory daughter it's more about the exact fit and nuances related to that, in combination with any itchy elements that might stick out like labels or ribbon/elastic. The fit is crucial.

Can you tell me what cut you buy for your kids? Hipsters (looks like my kind of cut but don't know about for dd) or classic (theirs looks more like boy shorts and wondering about the comfortability when worn with tights which she wears for school).

Can you also tell which pairs are softer and which are not as soft? While fit is the most important for dd, extra soft wins extra points.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 4:13 pm
The classic panties come up very high. Definitely higher than other brief brands.

The ones they have online seem to be made from the good fabric.

My daughter likes the hipsters, but you should be sure what your daughter's preference is before you buy. It's a very personal choice. Especially for sensory kids.

I wish they weren't so expensive!

Good luck!

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 27 2016, 4:29 pm
amother wrote:
The classic panties come up very high. Definitely higher than other brief brands.

The ones they have online seem to be made from the good fabric.

My daughter likes the hipsters, but you should be sure what your daughter's preference is before you buy. It's a very personal choice. Especially for sensory kids.

I wish they weren't so expensive!

Good luck!

Thank you! Wish I could see them in person.

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, May 28 2016, 8:15 pm
Read the reviews online.

They can be very helpful with your decision.

Btw if you have some good shvuos recipes please be so kind and share them!

I love your cooking and baking style. I've enjoyed your recipes for years. And yes I know this is not the place to post this!

Thanks lots:)

DrMom

Post Sat, May 28 2016, 8:27 pm
How about Jockey For Her all-cotton underwear with covered waistband?

amother
Silver

Post Sat, May 28 2016, 9:58 pm
Sensory issues myself. .. their look like the ones I wear. Not 100% sure because I usually don't purchase then online.

http://www.hanes.com/hanes/wom.....66--1
http://www.jockey.com/catalog/.....brief
http://www.jockey.com/catalog/.....pster

Health is a Virture

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 4:08 am
the only kind of underwear I find comfortable is Jockey for her--all cotton and they fit me perfectly....for me the way they fit is very very important and that they're cotton.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 7:04 am
Thanks all. Does jockey for her come in girl sizes? Dd doesn't fit into women's underwear yet. She wears children's size 8 skirts. We bought children's place size large (10/12) underwear a few months ago but she's claiming they're too small. (Which I don't understand. They fit well. She says they're too small when they come out of the washer/dryer and she puts them on in the evening. And after wearing all night, when she wakes up in the morning she says they're too loose and stretched out.) I'm at a loss. She has this with all underwear. Maybe she can't handle the nature of cotton and needs something with a bit of spandex but I don't know any children's companies that make underwear that's not 100% cotton. The colorful underwear didn't stretch out as much with each wear for some reason but children's place only carries the covered waistband underwear in white.

greenfire

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 12:23 pm
there's a specific type of panty from hanes that is actually good ... you have to make sure you get the correct ones ... they are "cotton stretch comfort soft waistband" there are fewer in the packs, in a cardboard not plastic, and they will have bikini & briefs with a few more styles ... I'll try to find a link

greenfire

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 12:41 pm
http://www.hanes.com/hanes/wom.....egory

this is what I'm talking about - cannot locate girls' - would xs/4 work

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 4:36 pm
greenfire wrote:

this is what I'm talking about - cannot locate girls' - would xs/4 work

Thanks. I just had dd try on my own (not hanes) in size small and trying to figure out if xs could work for her.

But only briefs would work for her. Not high cut briefs or bikini style.
Are these the same as the ones you posted just in a different cut? And do they come in classic briefs? Don't think she'd go for hipster briefs.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 29 2016, 4:51 pm
greenfire wrote:
there's a specific type of panty from hanes that is actually good ... you have to make sure you get the correct ones ... they are "cotton stretch comfort soft waistband" there are fewer in the packs, in a cardboard not plastic, and they will have bikini & briefs with a few more styles ... I'll try to find a link

Are these the right ones?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/.....X0DER

Or these?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/.....retch
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children