Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Help. My dd made Aliyah and needs to buy fridge oven
1  2  Next

ROFL

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 6:39 am
She lives in givat Shmuel and needs to buy fridge and oven and possible washing machine/ dryer. Can anyone tell me where she can go to buy this. Please help me lead her to the right place. Thanks

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 6:41 am
ROFL wrote:
She lives in givat Shmuel and needs to buy fridge and oven and possible washing machine/ dryer. Can anyone tell me where she can go to buy this. Please help me lead her to the right place. Thanks

How old is she? Certainly she can manage this on her own?

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 6:43 am
Try zap.co.il- it's a price-comparison/product-review website. We've bought our major appliances online through their site.

ROFL

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 6:54 am
She looked on zap. But it seems that it is a price compression and then you have to buy from a supplier and that would be three different suppliers. Is there any stores she can go to and look at the appliances?

As to amother khaki. She made Aliyah alone. she is 24 and she never had to buy appliance. She thought she had a friend who would help her but the freind flaked out and now I am looking to help her from 6000 miles away
I am really glad for you everything in your life worked out well and you were able to make all the decisions In Your life by yourself or maybe you had a DH family and friends who were able to help you
She right now has nobody who is helping her and she is asking me for help. This imamother community is here to help each other out. If you can't help it actually it seems don t want to help that is ok. But please don't judge her !

Shuly

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 7:00 am
She should call Appliance Direct 02-537-4264
http://www.appliance.co.il/index.html

They are very helpful and she can ask if they have any floor models for a discount.

There is also someone named Reiner in Ramot who sells appliances, but they don't have samples, so you just order by phone without seeing it. It may be cheaper but if she's not familiar with the appliances, it's best to go to a store where you can see them.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 7:02 am
ROFL wrote:
She looked on zap. But it seems that it is a price compression and then you have to buy from a supplier and that would be three different suppliers. Is there any stores she can go to and look at the appliances?

As to amother khaki. She made Aliyah alone. she is 24 and she never had to buy appliance. She thought she had a friend who would help her but the freind flaked out and now I am looking to help her from 6000 miles away
I am really glad for you everything in your life worked out well and you were able to make all the decisions In Your life by yourself or maybe you had a DH family and friends who were able to help you
She right now has nobody who is helping her and she is asking me for help. This imamother community is here to help each other out. If you can't help it actually it seems don t want to help that is ok. But please don't judge her !

I don't know Givat Shmuel, but I imagine there's at least one appliance store in her area. They may or may not have decent prices- that's the catch.

I've noticed that most of the places listed on Zap, though, have their brick-and-mortar stores in the Mercaz, so some of them should be reasonable for your daughter to travel to. She can look up addresses on Google Maps if she's not sure whether something's a doable trip.

ROFL

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 7:12 am
Thanks I will give her the info. Givat Shmuel is near bar Ilan She graduated from a masters in tel aviv university and is starting to work in tel aviv in sept ! Very proud of her accomplishments Smile
If anyone has specific info on stores in Bnei Barak or the area there that will be great.
Thanks again

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 7:27 am
If she is on facebook, there are groups called buy swap sell and she can find her area and either see if anyone is selling appliances or post what she is looking for.
Is she living alone? Or with room mates? if with room mates, what are they doing?

ROFL

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 7:54 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
If she is on facebook, there are groups called buy swap sell and she can find her area and either see if anyone is selling appliances or post what she is looking for.
Is she living alone? Or with room mates? if with room mates, what are they doing?

She is moving by herself into a rental apartment and there are no appliances She decided to buy her own appliances for This apartment and is looking for new ones she will use her zchuyot on them ( she is made Aliyah a year and a half ago so she doesn't want the zchuyot to run out )

Thanks

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 7:56 am
Does she have friends in the area who could help her figure things out?

ROFL

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 8:13 am
She thought she did. But they are flaking out on her and telling her to just go on line. And she is so unsure of what to get.

Smile1234

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 8:15 am
I'll second appliance direct and Reiner - both very helpful. Appliance direct is probably more expensive but they speak English. Reiner doesn't.

queenert

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 9:27 am
We got from zap and they delivered free.
Why does she need from the same supplier?

ROFL

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 9:29 am
Oh I didn't see free delivery from zap. Will look again

Karnash

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 9:39 am
When I need a major appliance I go to one of the big chains - ALM, Shekem Electric, Machsanei Chashmal so that I can get an idea of what's available and I can ask questions and get all the information I need. I decide on a brand and model and then check ZAP for price comparisons - sometimes, even in the store - I've had salesmen tell me they'll match or come close to the price I find on ZAP. If not, I'll order it online at home.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 10:52 am
ROFL wrote:

Just to respond to this, at 24 I was alone, single, and living thousands of miles away from my parents. I managed to figure everything out for myself, and I'm guessing that if your daughter was bold and brave enough to embark on the Aaliyah experience on her own, she too can figure out how to furnish her apartment. Hatzlacha!

sped

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 11:45 am
I will third Appliance Direct. They may not be the cheapest, but they are really helpful, English speaking (American) and give great service after you buy too. It may be worth her spending extra to have someone helpful to speak to. (I don't think they are very expensive either.)

Last edited by sped on Sun, Jul 10 2016, 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

abound

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 11:47 am
I am moving and selling a bosch stove/oven that is in perfect condition. If she is interested then you can PM me.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 12:39 pm
http://www.kerenby.co.il

Keren bnei hayeshivot in bnei brak are considered really good. They will definitely give you a better deal than offered at first if you know how to negotiate.. Not sure they will speak English though. But worth a try.

Rose816

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 12:48 pm
Forgot the name, but there's an appliance store towards the end of Kanfei Nesharim. We got our washer, stove and fridge from there, and they delivered.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions