Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Mercaz Hatorah Yerushalayim. what winter gear wearing there?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Smile1234

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 4:41 am
Shuly wrote:
The yeshivish bochurim wear these:

https://www.amazon.com/Tingley.....ngley

Op, these are golashes/rubbers FYI Smile

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 7:55 am
A friend of mine told me her sons don't wear anything besides should during the winter. I'm not sure what to buy and ds didn't contact anybody at mercaz. I guess he can buy the winter stuff in Israel.

Shuly

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 9:14 am
At the very least get him the Tingleys, a Shanecoat, 2 nice sweaters and a blanket.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 9:40 am
Shuly wrote:
At the very least get him the Tingleys, a Shanecoat, 2 nice sweaters and a blanket.

What is a shanecoat and tingles? I will probably end up getting something😄
I got the blankets and all the rest. Btw How many suits do they need?

Shuly

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 9:58 am
Tingleys are the rubbers that go over their shoes that I posted before.

This is the shaynecoat: http://www.shaynecoat.com/

I think 2 suits is enough since they're only worn on shabbos.
For during the week he will need nice dress pants and white shirts.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 12:42 pm
Shuly wrote:
Tingleys are the rubbers that go over their shoes that I posted before.

This is the shaynecoat: http://www.shaynecoat.com/

I think 2 suits is enough since they're only worn on shabbos.
For during the week he will need nice dress pants and white shirts.

Shuly thank you so much. Is this coat made just from plastic that is worn also over your hat? Do they wear the suit jacket during the week? How many shirt and dress pants do they need?

Shuly

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 12:59 pm
Yes, he will need a jacket for minyanim during the week. They don't use their shabbos suit jacket, rather they buy a separate jacket or take a jacket from an old suit.

He will also need a black hat and most boys have 2 - the weekday one tends to get ruined faster.

Shirts and pants really depends on how often he will do laundry and if he is dry cleaning them or not. The guys I know wear Charles Tyrwhitt, AI Stone or Brooks Brothers shirts.

Smile1234

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 1:01 pm
How many pairs of pants and shirts does he have now? It doesn't have to be any different if he is wearing them in a different country;)
It all depends on how often he wants to do laundry/dry cleaning and how many times he wears his clothing before putting it in the wash.

When I went to seminary I took 2 weeks worth of clothing so I only had to do laundry once in 2 weeks.

Shuly

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 1:01 pm
If you PM me, I can give you some phone numbers of staff members who work there.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 2:01 pm
Shuly wrote:
If you PM me, I can give you some phone numbers of staff members who work there.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I don't think my son will let me talk to the stuff about that. Do the boys there wear black suit pants during the week.
I wonder if mercaz have some kind of a packing list for the boys. I wish they had. Obviously it is my first child who is leaving home to Israel. I got the linen package that they sent the pamphlet with the acceptance letter and the phone. I need to buy the insurance yet. At home I do the laundry every day. If he does laundry every 10 days than he needs more shirts and pants. I wonder how often do the boys change their pants.

Shuly

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 2:29 pm
Why don't you call the office and ask the secretary if they have some kind of packing list or if she can put you in touch with a mother of a boy who was there before?

The boys wear nice dress pants. They're not part of a suit, but they're not cotton either. It's the basic pants they sell in all the frum stores in Brooklyn, like the Hat Box. Maybe you can order by phone?

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 19 2016, 3:17 pm
Shuly wrote:
Why don't you call the office and ask the secretary if they have some kind of packing list or if she can put you in touch with a mother of a boy who was there before?

The boys wear nice dress pants. They're not part of a suit, but they're not cotton either. It's the basic pants they sell in all the frum stores in Brooklyn, like the Hat Box. Maybe you can order by phone?

I called the hat box. They have pants that costs about 30 to $50. By Lombardy. Wrinkle free. Are these good pants?

Shuly

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 6:42 am
I don't know pants brands. DH is old-fashioned and still wears pleated pants (he likes the Kirkland pants from Costco), but I see most bochurim are wearing flat front now.

Maybe start a new thread called Pants for Yeshiva Bochur?

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jul 20 2016, 4:28 pm
Shuly wrote:
I don't know pants brands. DH is old-fashioned and still wears pleated pants (he likes the Kirkland pants from Costco), but I see most bochurim are wearing flat front now.

Maybe start a new thread called Pants for Yeshiva Bochur?

Are these pants washable or dry clean?

Shuly

Post Thu, Jul 21 2016, 5:17 am
Usually dry clean, but they wear them a bunch of times before cleaning them.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jul 22 2016, 12:56 pm
What shoes are they allowed to wear. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Shuly

Post Sat, Jul 23 2016, 1:58 pm
They wear nice dress shoes (like Ecco slip ons) to yeshiva, but he should bring sneakers too, for trips/bein hazmanim.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 9:07 am
Shuly wrote:
They wear nice dress shoes (like Ecco slip ons) to yeshiva, but he should bring sneakers too, for trips/bein hazmanim.

Thanks. Do the sneakers need or better be black?

Marion

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 9:34 am
Um...rubber boots exist in Israel. So do winter coats.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jul 24 2016, 10:03 am
Marion wrote:
Um...rubber boots exist in Israel. So do winter coats.

Isn't it more expensive and the quality is not that good?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics