Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What is so bad about Hillary Clinton?
  Previous  1  2  3  4 14  15  16  Next

fmt4

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 11:56 pm
creditcards wrote:
I guess I need more convincing. But you did make a dent....

Did you actually read the speech? Or is that bogus news reporting too?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 12:16 am
amother wrote:
I don't think it's about the fact that she's a woman. I hate her husband just as much as her.

2 people that are all about achieving power at all costs.

Will lie, manipulate, deceive, just to get where they want to. I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth.

The email situation and the ensuing cover up are only the latest of the clinton scandals.

Of course, due to their political power, they are never prosecuted.

And this is all besides for the fact, that as a Jew, I cannot vote for someone that has such intense dislike and disrespect for Israel.

He was impeached and she was investigated by the fbi. Donald trump lies non stop. Based on what does she have "such intense dislike and disrespect for Israel."

ora_43

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 1:54 am
Maya wrote:
Can you elaborate? I'm desperate for some clarification here.

Misogyny isn't (just) something that some men do to women. It's something that exists in society and affects both men and women. It's the result of a system of cultural expectations that we're all a part of.

ora_43

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 2:02 am
I think the visceral dislike for Clinton is because

- she's Establishment. Like sequoia said. This has been an election where people are very anti-establishment (or at least pretend to be for votes). A different time, Hillary's experience would have been a good thing, now to some extent it's holding her back, since she was involved in all the things (Iraq war, recession) voters are upset about.

- she's a Clinton. Beyond just being Establishment, if she gets elected, it'll mean at least 12 years of one couple controlling the country. Yes, she's not her husband, but it's still weird, yeah? Especially after the whole Bush Sr, Bush Jr thing. America's not meant to be a monarchy.

It doesn't help that her husband had a bad reputation re: honesty.

- she's a woman. People don't consciously dislike her for being a women, necessarily, but still, some people see her as "shrill and demanding" where a man would be seen as "assertive." Or they're extra horrified that she's been dishonest to get ahead, because she's a woman, women are supposed to be kind and gentle and uninterested in power.

abound

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 6:21 am
what happened with Benghazi really bothers me. She is shrewd and not in a good way.
That being said, I will not vote for Trump, there is nothing that is worse than that. He may be pro Israel, but he is rash, (I will not call him stupid since he does know how to make money and get 1/2 fo the US to vote for him.) He is crude and rude.
I guess for the first time ever..........I will not be voting! and that is the worst thing for democracy. (not me personally, but when ppl do not vote. )

ohmygosh

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 6:39 am
fmt4 wrote:
Wait, so the best way to know what's going on is not to hear what qualified journalists report and then drAw your own conclusions, but to not read or listen to anything, have zero information, and then agree with what your neighbors think because you know nothing else?

Wonderful.

Is there a reason that you and Maya have been so rude and sarcastic with this poster? You can disagree without the blatant sarcasm.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 7:08 am
amother wrote:
Also for a lot of people I know, when I think Hilary I think "hugging a Palestinian woman who accuses the Israelis of poisoning the wells".
I don't know all that much about her other political scandals. That one is more personal.

I'm not Hillary Clinton but as part of my husbands job I have to go with him to diplomatic functions. Lots of that involves being polite and shaking hands or hugging people who you may not like much or agree with. I'm sure as first lady and Secretary of state she had to be nice in public to far worse people.

Raisin

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 7:23 am
I'm not voting since I'm not american but I am extremely worried about the possiblility of Trump winning. Even if he is pro Israel (which is what, based on the fact that he has a Jewish daughter and lawyer? Hillary's son in law is also Jewish and I'm sure she has lots of Jewish friends too. He's also said he will not support Israel) does Israel really want a "friend" like Trump? Plus, he could cause all sorts of trouble in the Middle East. Letting Trump loose on the world to me is like letting a 12 year old with ADD loose with a gun in the playground and hoping he won't figure out how to release the safety catch.

I don't think Hillary sounds worse then any other politician. She's made mistakes. Most politicians do. Because being a politician is often making a choice between bad and really bad. So everyone jumps on her for making bad choices. But I think Trump based on his past record will choose the really bad choices.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 7:26 am
The safety of the country and the world is in jeopardy - at least Trump wants to curb the Muslims entering the country. She's not even talking about the situation

Raisin

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 7:37 am
amother wrote:
The safety of the country and the world is in jeopardy - at least Trump wants to curb the Muslims entering the country. She's not even talking about the situation

The obvious way to reduce death by terrorists (and other people) is to have better gun control. But strangely the NRA is supporting Trump. So Trump supporters only care about the tiny percentage of people who are killed by muslim terrorists?

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 7:37 am
http://www.lifedaily.com/16-mo.....ls/2/

Amongst others, Hillary Clinton would be in jail if she wasn't rich enough to avoid investigation. She has proven herself not trustworthy and with no morals time and time again. And her husband's scandal only adds to it.

fmt4

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 7:38 am
ohmygosh wrote:
Is there a reason that you and Maya have been so rude and sarcastic with this poster? You can disagree without the blatant sarcasm.

This is not about disagreeing. This poster has admitted that she knows absolutely nothing and is proud of the fact that she reads nothing and gets her information from what people around her are saying. I've just never heard someone state so blatantly how ignorant they are yet still make such confident statements like- hillary is not pro Israel, Donald is. Maybe my sarcasm will make her think again before doing that next time. Prob not though.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 7:48 am
Tiny percentage over 3000 people 9/11 - they're lurking everywhere and they don't care about getting killed or caught. Gun control - they have their ways of obtaining them. They say people kill not guns. Homeland security is costing billions. It's a major concern and a candidate that shoves it aside should be outvoted

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 8:35 am
Maya wrote:
Which is on the top ten list of Hillary's campaign promises.

How naive. She has nice campaign promises? Does that score points with you? Look back and google "Obama campaign promises". Some he kept, others he went halfway, and others were completely broken and only put out there to get votes. I'm sure if Hillary gets elected and in 4 years we check up on her campaign promises, it'll be very similar. Please don't base your vote on a candidates "promises".

fmt4

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 8:55 am
amother wrote:
How naive. She has nice campaign promises? Does that score points with you? Look back and google "Obama campaign promises". Some he kept, others he went halfway, and others were completely broken and only put out there to get votes. I'm sure if Hillary gets elected and in 4 years we check up on her campaign promises, it'll be very similar. Please don't base your vote on a candidates "promises".

So if you don't base your vote on a candidate's promises, what should you base it on? Why should someone vote for trump?

GAP

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 9:01 am
[quote="Raisin"]The obvious way to reduce death by terrorists (and other people) is to have better gun control. But strangely the NRA is supporting Trump. So Trump supporters only care about the tiny percentage of people who are killed by muslim terrorists?[/quote\]

It's not so obvious that more gun control will reduce death by terrorists or other shootings. Guns can be obtained illegally. Some argue that better gun control will disarm law abiding citazins who choose to own guns for protection.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 9:06 am
fmt4 wrote:
So if you don't base your vote on a candidate's promises, what should you base it on? Why should someone vote for trump?

Look at their record and what they've accomplished, achieved, and also failed at. Both candidates are flawed. Hillary is by far the better politician (say things to get votes irregardless of truth or accuracy) so she will get many of the, as rush limbaugh say, "low information voters".

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 9:10 am
Raisin wrote:
The obvious way to reduce death by terrorists (and other people) is to have better gun control. But strangely the NRA is supporting Trump. So Trump supporters only care about the tiny percentage of people who are killed by muslim terrorists?

And don't forget better knife and truck control.
Here's something that will be fun in a Hillary presidency: watching everyone keep a straight face while calling Bill The First Gentleman.

fmt4

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 9:11 am
amother wrote:
Look at their record and what they've accomplished, achieved, and also failed at. Both candidates are flawed. Hillary is by far the better politician (say things to get votes irregardless of truth or accuracy) so she will get many of the, as rush limbaugh say, "low information voters".

LOL LOL LOL you're joking right?? It's a proven fact that trump is getting the majority of low information voters. As he says, he "loves the poorly educated." And trump is the absolute King of saying things to get votes regardless of truth or accuracy. That is actually the basis of his whole campaign.

fmt4

Post Thu, Aug 04 2016, 9:19 am
wait, so these low information voters who are voting for Hillary - you're saying that if they get more information they would vote for trump? Can you please fill me in on the information I'm missing that would convince me? Which news sites do I need to visit? Please, help me get my hands on that elusive information that will transform trump into the better candidate.
Page 3 of 16   Previous  1  2  3  4 14  15  16  Next Recent Topics