Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you know any Rabbis that have Ruach HaKodesh?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 4:11 am
shev wrote:
Gosh, why are we jumping down her throat. If she believes that her rebbe has ruach hakodesh then good for her. Why does it bother so many people.

I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case it's because the Gemara in Sanhedrin 11a says that there's no ruach hakodesh anymore. We can use the term colloquially, to describe something like Rashi's inspiration, but to say that a person nowadays has miraculous abilities is not what Jews traditionally believe.

shev

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 4:57 am
amother wrote:
I can't speak for anyone else, but in my case it's because the Gemara in Sanhedrin 11a says that there's no ruach hakodesh anymore. We can use the term colloquially, to describe something like Rashi's inspiration, but to say that a person nowadays has miraculous abilities is not what Jews traditionally believe.

Ok. I hear you. But it is said that parents have ruach hakodesh when naming their children so how would you explain that? Today's day parents don't have ruach hakodesh amymore?
I have no idea if it's right or wrong but it is believed by many people that their rebbis have ruach hakodesh.
I still think it's wrong to bash someone the way creditcards is getting bashed. Every person has a right To believe whatever they want.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 5:19 am
shev wrote:
Ok. I hear you. But it is said that parents have ruach hakodesh when naming their children so how would you explain that? Today's day parents don't have ruach hakodesh amymore?
I have no idea if it's right or wrong but it is believed by many people that their rebbis have ruach hakodesh.
I still think it's wrong to bash someone the way creditcards is getting bashed. Every person has a right To believe whatever they want.

When we say parents have ruach hakodesh in naming their children, we don't mean it literally.

And no, we don't have the right to believe whatever we want. This is a religion with a belief system. If a poster were to write that she thinks Hashem has a body, we wouldn't just smile and say everything goes. It doesn't.

Zeleze

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 5:29 am
These days Raboim have SIYATE DISHMAYE on what they answer, that means that Hasham looks over them and keeps them from doing or saying things wrong, its not the same a Ruach Hakodesh.

Maybe someone could explaine this better, as it might be a thin line.

sourstix

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 5:37 am
Indeed Carmen Luna. The belzer rebbe has a memory like a camera. He sees things once and remember s it forever. I know that as fact. That's not ruach hakodesh. He was always known to be a genius. Even when he was very young. He has a amazing memory. He remember every bochur and the fathers name. When he goes through the list of names fork kvitlech he notices any mistakes. And he goes through pages and pages of names. So yes he has a absolute amazing memory.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 5:41 am
Amazing memory, kind and compassionate, and a good listener. Wonderful qualities, but they don't add up to ruach hakodesh.

shev

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 6:02 am
amother wrote:
When we say parents have ruach hakodesh in naming their children, we don't mean it literally.

And no, we don't have the right to believe whatever we want. This is a religion with a belief system. If a poster were to write that she thinks Hashem has a body, we wouldn't just smile and say everything goes. It doesn't.
t
Okay really you're comparing saying hashem has a body to saying that a person has ruach Hakodesh.? That's going against the Torah and believing someone has ruach hakodesh isn't. And this is where I'm going to back away. Exa: If I want to believe that someone is superman that's my choice and no one has the right to bash me and tell me what to believe!!! People on this site have to learn torespectother people's choices

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 6:06 am
amother wrote:

Actually it says no more nevuah, not ruach hakodesh .

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 6:16 am
rimon613 wrote:
Do you know how I can contact them?

No, but I hear Santa Claus comes around end of December and gives you anything you want.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 6:55 am
amother wrote:
Actually it says no more nevuah, not ruach hakodesh .

Nope, here's the line from the gemara
ת"ר משמתו נביאים האחרונים חגי זכריה ומלאכי נסתלקה רוח הקודש מישראל

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 7:08 am
shev wrote:
Gosh, why are we jumping down her throat. If she believes that her rebbe has ruach hakodesh then good for her. Why does it bother so many people.

Honestly, that is how the torah distorts into kefirah when you delude yourself into thinking something that is not true (for example, no rotten tomatoes please, the mashichis type of lubavitchers). You believe that whatever someone says is G-d will is a very slippery slope in this day and age.

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 7:28 am
amother wrote:
We personally have gone to the kaalover rebbe of Williamsburg and he knew things he shouldn't have been able to. We have followed his advice and clearly seen divine intervention. And he doesn't ask for money. It is harder now that he is sick.

This is actually good advice for the OP, not because he has ruach hakodesh but because he is a kind and compassionate tzadik with an understanding of how to relate to people in need.

myself

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 8:03 am
As someone already mentioned, there is the aspect of Siyatta D'Shmaya.

When someone is well-meaning Hashem often guides them with an extra dose of heavenly inspiration. That means, that if you come with a question or ask for advice Hashem will place an appropriate response at the tip of their tongue in order to help you. This is not Ruach Hakodesh. They do not actually KNOW everything, but they know that there must be a reason this thought popped into their head just as you asked for advice.

So if you come for a bracha to become pregnant and the Rabbi tells you 'You will have a boy' or 'You're already pregnant' it's not because he knows and sees everything, but he knows that if Hashem placed that thought in his head at that moment it must be true. It's 'inspiration on the moment' unlike the 'all-seeing Ruach Hakodesh' of yesteryear.

A big rebbetzin once explained to DH that that's how she guides people. I also have a close relative that is somewhat known to have 'ruach hakodesh' and he too generally says what comes to mind. That first thought is the Siyatta D'Shmaya and often is just what you needed to hear.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

That's not to say that all revered individuals have this, but if anyone knows someone who is blessed with an extra does of Siyatta D'Shmaya that would be helpful to the OP.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 8:36 am
amother wrote:
I have accurate prophecies, yet I'm no rabbi.

You have a "sixth sense - mother's intuition"

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 9:01 am
Zeleze wrote:
These days Raboim have SIYATE DISHMAYE on what they answer, that means that Hasham looks over them and keeps them from doing or saying things wrong, its not the same a Ruach Hakodesh.

Maybe someone could explaine this better, as it might be a thin line.
So you are saying that rabbanim say and do everything right? I highly doubt that. Even rabbanim are human. They are not Gd.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 9:41 am
amother wrote:
I feel bad saying this, but I was desperately searching for something like this a few years ago... someone with a loftier power that could make the craziness in my world make sense... A rescuer, a savior from the chaos in my life...

I've come to realize that the most potent ruach hakodesh I can access is in me. What I mean by that is, I can tap into my G-dly spark, my soul connected to G-d, speak to Him, cry to Him, ask Him how to make sense of the insanity in my life - and basically, realize that it's between me and G-d. That if I can tap into the power I have and channel it, instead of spending my energy chasing a savior I have yet to find - I can rescue myself.

This.
Me too

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 9:50 am
shev wrote:

My gut reaction is to be with you on this. But I have to say that to me, ruach hakodesh is not on my list of what I admire in who I'm shoel eitza from. I imagine myself as chassidish, or even look to the people who I go to for psak and eitzas, and looking to see if they have ruach hakodesh would not be a factor in my sticking with them. What are factors are gadlus - greatness - in middos and Torah scholarship.

There are people in very difficult situations, who feel they've done everything they possibly can and feel that ah, someone with ruach hakodesh will be able to help them out of their situation. That there have been people with ruach hakodesh and may still be doesn't mean that they are the address for support and that a person in a difficult situation is derelict for not finding such a person to help them. This is not what Hashem demands of us.

Let me share one of my favorite chassidishe maaselach. After the war, there was a rav (rebbe?) in the DP camps baking matzos and giving out exactly 3 matzos to everyone who came. The son of the (I want to say Vizhnitzer but I'm not sure) Rebbe came and demanded 6 and said his father insisted and wouldn't let him leave without them. Reluctantly, the baker agreed. Late that afternoon there was a knock on the baker's door. It was the Rebbe's son. He asked if the baker had matzos and he said no, he gave away his every last one. The son said, my father knew you would, and gave him the extra 3 matzos.

ETA: I just saw Maya's 7:28 this AM post. Cannot like enough!!!

Last edited by PinkFridge on Wed, Aug 10 2016, 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 9:52 am
I didn't read the whole thread but as a Belz woman I take offense at credit card's post.

You should know not to post such a statement on this hateful site.

We don't know if our Rebbe had Ruach Hakodesh.
It seems like it's possible by the many fascinating stories that happen in Belz.

But it's not for the public. Keep it inside Credit Cards.
Don't go bragging that your rebbe has Ruach Hakodesh.
At wits end

Edited to add:
I just read through all your posts. You are making us all look stupid so please stop.
Seems like you don't know the nature of this site yet.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 9:55 am
myself wrote:
As someone already mentioned, there is the aspect of Siyatta D'Shmaya.

When someone is well-meaning Hashem often guides them with an extra dose of heavenly inspiration. That means, that if you come with a question or ask for advice Hashem will place an appropriate response at the tip of their tongue in order to help you. This is not Ruach Hakodesh. They do not actually KNOW everything, but they know that there must be a reason this thought popped into their head just as you asked for advice.

So if you come for a bracha to become pregnant and the Rabbi tells you 'You will have a boy' or 'You're already pregnant' it's not because he knows and sees everything, but he knows that if Hashem placed that thought in his head at that moment it must be true. It's 'inspiration on the moment' unlike the 'all-seeing Ruach Hakodesh' of yesteryear.

A big rebbetzin once explained to DH that that's how she guides people. I also have a close relative that is somewhat known to have 'ruach hakodesh' and he too generally says what comes to mind. That first thought is the Siyatta D'Shmaya and often is just what you needed to hear.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

That's not to say that all revered individuals have this, but if anyone knows someone who is blessed with an extra does of Siyatta D'Shmaya that would be helpful to the OP.

I posted video on how people 'know' things on page 2. It's called cold readings. Please watch it. Non Jews do this all the time, it's not unique to holy Jews.

Has anyone ever heard of a 'medium'? It's someone who claims they speak to the dead and tells over things to their loved ones. They shock and wow people on what they know, things no one in the world knows. People really believe they are taking to there dead relitves. They are not. It's cold reading. the first video I posted shows how it's done.
Hashem is not guiding people, it's the same how cold readers do it. Again, if the non Jewish world has the same, and do the same things, it's not unque to Jews and there is no interventions with Hashem communicating with people.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Aug 10 2016, 10:02 am
Removed. Not in the spirit of the Nine Days.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics