Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How do you enroll children in school...spinoff?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 2:56 pm
cnc wrote:
This is not accurate.

They will not get funding for the specific child that is unvaccinated. I know someone that sends to Satmar and does not vaccinate.The school said they'll take her exemption but will charge her extra because they won't get government funding for her child.

The only time that my sons' school gave a hoot about vaccines was when he was in UPK. They were constantly having inspections and all paperwork and vaccines needed to be in order (with VALID exemptions). Otherwise they accept any note that I write-it doesn't even need to be signed by my doctor.

Satmars may be doing it but that is not correct analysis because any state funding makes it subject to certain laws. There is not even a way to disentangle funding as the separation is broader - I,e, funds for secular books or computers versus salaries for religious instructors.

Many illegal things are done because no one objects and the government with limited resources doesn't have the ability to ferret out everything unless it is broght to heir attention.

By analogy, many public schools violate basic law by having school prayer. Unless a parent of a enrolled child is willing to object, the practice, although patently illegal, will continue.

suremom

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 2:59 pm
cnc wrote:
This is not accurate.

They will not get funding for the specific child that is unvaccinated. I know someone that sends to Satmar and does not vaccinate.The school said they'll take her exemption but will charge her extra because they won't get government funding for her child.

The only time that my sons' school gave a hoot about vaccines was when he was in UPK. They were constantly having inspections and all paperwork and vaccines needed to be in order (with VALID exemptions). Otherwise they accept any note that I write-it doesn't even need to be signed by my doctor.

thats just a tactic to get you to vaccinate. but its not legal. you can fight that with one well written letter from a lawyer....

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 3:02 pm
Amarante wrote:
California law was deliberately drafted to close off loopholes since the most affluent communities such as Beverly Hills and Santa Monica had the highest rate of exemption so they didn't wants to make it easy to get the medical exemption from well paid pediatricians.

The special snowflakes would not be allowed to feed of the herd immunity of the middle class. πŸ˜€πŸ˜±

Statistically almost no exemptions were based on religious belief but on the even fuzzier personal belief.

ETA And it is my understanding that it is more difficult to get an exemption from Saturday SAT. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

its interesting that the more educated communities have higher unvax rates.

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 3:09 pm
amother wrote:

It's Los Angeles. They are flakey not necessarily well educated. Not vaccinating is the tip of the iceberg in terms of their gullibility regarding biology and how the body works.

Not to mention their astonishing lack of biological and nutritional knowledge.

They freeze themselves. Steam their vajayjays; have regular colonics. All completely ineffective or detrimental to health.

They are wealthy but can be incredibly stupid when I have to listen to their crazy ideas.

Last edited by Amarante on Wed, Aug 17 2016, 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 3:25 pm
Amarante wrote:
California law was deliberately drafted to close off loopholes since the most affluent communities such as Beverly Hills and Santa Monica had the highest rate of exemption so they didn't wants to make it easy to get the medical exemption from well paid pediatricians.

The special snowflakes would not be allowed to feed of the herd immunity of the middle class. πŸ˜€πŸ˜±

Statistically almost no exemptions were based on religious belief but on the even fuzzier personal belief.

ETA And it is my understanding that it is more difficult to get an exemption from Saturday SAT. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Actually Saturday SAT date change is easy. Follow the packet instructions for applying and get a letter from the school (if you send to a frum school). BYLA gave me one same day (they had to print and get a signature) and I got a Sunday test date. I had to drive like an hour to take it because that month YULA wasn't a site.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 3:25 pm
Amarante wrote:
It's Los Angeles. They are flakey not necessarily well educated. Not vaccinating is the tip of the iceberg in terms of their gullibility regarding biology and his the body works.
Not to mention their astonishing lack of biological and nutritional knowledge.

They freeze themselves. Steam their vajayjays; have regular colonics. All completely ineffective or detrimental to health.

They are wealthy but can be incredibly stupid when I have to listen to their crazy ideas.
those are actually quite effective.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 3:28 pm
amother wrote:

They aren't definitely better educated. Just typically wealthier- old line money or sports/Hollywood people. Neither requires any science education or really any higher education at all.

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 3:34 pm
amother wrote:
those are actually quite effective.

Colonics are actually counter priductive medically as they upset normal digestion. An enema except in an extreme emergency is not good. I don't know if any mainstream medical professional whi advises one to have. Same as regular douching which upsets the healthy slightly acidic PH and can create an environment where bad stuff flourishes and infections ensue.

Your body doesn't need to be cleansed internally and it can actually wipe our protective bacteria in colon and vajayjays.

Last edited by Amarante on Wed, Aug 17 2016, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 3:37 pm
amother wrote:
Actually Saturday SAT date change is easy. Follow the packet instructions for applying and get a letter from the school (if you send to a frum school). BYLA gave me one same day (they had to print and get a signature) and I got a Sunday test date. I had to drive like an hour to take it because that month YULA wasn't a site.

But you require some kind of proof. For religious vaccine exemption, you generally just have to state that you want one in most states.

I wasn't saying getting the exemption was difficult for SAT just that you had to prove you were observant and obviously adhere to a religion that would not enable you to take on Satirday.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 4:53 pm
Amarante wrote:
But you require some kind of proof. For religious vaccine exemption, you generally just have to state that you want one in most states.

I wasn't saying getting the exemption was difficult for SAT just that you had to prove you were observant and obviously adhere to a religion that would not enable you to take on Satirday.

How do know it's simple? Have you seen an actual exemption that was accepted? It's not that simple in my state. Each state has different requirements though and NY is one of the most difficult.

Miri7

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 5:24 pm
amother wrote:
How do know it's simple? Have you seen an actual exemption that was accepted? It's not that simple in my state. Each state has different requirements though and NY is one of the most difficult.

Every high schooler or college grad I know gets the SAT/LSAT/MCAT exemption. Sure there is some paperwork but it's really not so hard. I've done it a few times and haven't had a hard time. also haven't heard from NY friends that they had a hard time. Pretty y much every frum persons you know who went to college or grad school has successfully gotten the exemption as these tests are generally run over Shabbat. I think I remember picky dates and they had a couple of "sabbath obververs" dates and I had to send in a letter from my rav. I just called the shul office and they had a letter for me that day, as they are accustomed to doing them.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 5:30 pm
Miri7 wrote:
Every high schooler or college grad I know gets the SAT/LSAT/MCAT exemption. Sure there is some paperwork but it's really not so hard. I've done it a few times and haven't had a hard time. also haven't heard from NY friends that they had a hard time.

I'm not talking about the SAT exemption. I'm talking about the religious vaccine exemption in NY. I don't even see the comparison. It's not the same process at all.

tryinghard

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 7:52 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not talking about the SAT exemption. I'm talking about the religious vaccine exemption in NY. I don't even see the comparison. It's not the same process at all.

The comparison was simply to point out that for the SATs, you actually have to provide evidence of such religious belief; not so apparently with the vaccination exemption in some states.

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 8:04 pm
I found this today:

http://www.state.nj.us/health/.....n.pdf

It seems that according to law in NJ all schools, even private, must accept a religious exemption and may not question it. Interesting.

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 8:33 pm
amother wrote:
I found this today:

http://www.state.nj.us/health/.....n.pdf

It seems that according to law in NJ all schools, even private, must accept a religious exemption and may not question it. Interesting.

But I wonder if a private religious school can not accept such a student as it "counters the school's religious beliefs"? Can a Rav of a school say that those who don't get vaccines, other than for medical exemptions, are not following the schools belief that vaccines save lives etc ?
Just curious... Since private schools can kick students out for not following a code of conduct can vaccines be included in the schools charter?

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Aug 17 2016, 9:08 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
But I wonder if a private religious school can not accept such a student as it "counters the school's religious beliefs"? Can a Rav of a school say that those who don't get vaccines, other than for medical exemptions, are not following the schools belief that vaccines save lives etc ?
Just curious... Since private schools can kick students out for not following a code of conduct can vaccines be included in the schools charter?

They can challenge the sincerity of the persons religious belief. They would have to prove that this persons belief is not sincere and challenge it in court. I think that's pretty much all the school can do if the persons religious exemption meets the state requirements.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 8:16 am
If there are any non-vaxxing mothers reading this, can you tell me where you send your kids to school and how you got them in? We are desperate to put our children in school and cannot find a school that will take unvaccinated children.
Thank you!!

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 9:09 am
amother wrote:
If there are any non-vaxxing mothers reading this, can you tell me where you send your kids to school and how you got them in? We are desperate to put our children in school and cannot find a school that will take unvaccinated children.
Thank you!!

If you can't find such a school, there's a reason for it. Just vaccinate them, like responsible parents should do.

Health is a Virture

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 9:35 am
Israel. don't have to vax...u just don't send in your immunization card or don't send your kid to school that day and you're fine.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Aug 23 2016, 9:58 am
amother wrote:
If you can't find such a school, there's a reason for it. Just vaccinate them, like responsible parents should do.

Maybe if you are going to insinuate that I am an irresponsible parent you could at least do so under your screen name.

I have a relative who was vaccine injured, it was horrible and they have never recovered. Yes, even the doctor said it was a vaccine injury, so don't bother calling me crazy or saying I'm making stuff up. My relative has never recovered and their parent feels HORRIBLE because they were pressured into vaccinating when they didn't want to and now they are living with the consequences of that.

So yeah, not in a huge rush to vaccinate my kids. It's a whole different story when you personally watch someone close to you suffer the pain of a vaccine injury.

I would move to Israel in a heartbeat, unfortunately it's not an option at this time. I KNOW there are other non-vaxxers out there here in the US. I wish I could find some help with this.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics