Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
No makeup...ever?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

shooting star

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 8:57 pm
amother wrote:
Blue, you are wrong about that. Maybe you have great skin, but my skin is red and blotchy. I used to have acne which doesn't go away when you "go bare".

I have horrible skin which is why I wear concealed but I hate having to wear makeup .

. I go bare every shavbos and yom tov in addition to any days I have off from work, I don't go out when I don't wear makeup only parshas zachor..

. I am embarrassed on Shabbat because everyone else seems to have good skin without makeup. I have horrible skin. So I "dared to go bare" and my skin looked horrible.

. if someone has a cheap sheitel then its hard to "spruce up" in that way.

Not sure if you've already tried but I believe there are different treatment options to restore acne damaged skin.

Stuff like this: http://www.m.webmd.com/skin-pr.....scars

heidi

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 9:18 pm
amother wrote:
I think women with little or no make up look far better than those who put heavy make-up on.

Seriously asking-- how many of you who said they wear no make up are over 35?

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 9:54 pm
I don't wear make up ... seems clownish and a bother and would irritate my claustrophobic face

what does age have to do with it ?

willymom

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 10:20 pm
Im always jealous of those women with the confidence to go without makeup..im in a full face everyday even if I'm staying in! But I love doing it ..its a hobby for me..

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 10:26 pm
Eh, some people don't mind looking ugly. But don't convince yourselves that no one can tell.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 10:30 pm
amother wrote:
Eh, some people don't mind looking ugly. But don't convince yourselves that no one can tell.

LOL

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Sep 14 2016, 11:53 pm
I wear mascara almost every day but that's it . I'm very put together and wear only sheitels - I just don't like the way I look with make up.
I have yet to find someone who wears make up daily but doesn't over do it .

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 3:12 am
Many frum women, many non frum women... I like make up but many just don't bother.

cm

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 3:17 am
heidi wrote:

I wore makeup when I was younger, progressively less with age. In my 40's now, and no makeup.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 3:28 am
I wear makeup every day, even when I'm just lounging at home. I don't feel fully dressed without it.

That being said, if you don't like wearing makeup, go for it. Most guys don't wear makeup, and if you don't enjoy wearing it, why should you subject yourself to the expectations of society just because you're a female?

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 3:47 am
I only ever wore makeup at my own wedding. And maybe a little bit when I was a bridesmaid (aka, not my choice, but it made the kallah happy).

Otherwise, I never wear makeup. Not ever.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 3:51 am
heidi wrote:
Im almost 37. I have worn make up once in my entire life, at my wedding. And that was only because people told me that I would look washed out without it. Right after the chuppa, in the yichud room, before my husband even had a chance to touch me, I wiped it all off. Never again. And that was 11 years ago.

little_mage

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 3:57 am
I almost never wear makeup. I'm too lazy to put it on most days, and I don't actually feel confident in application. My mother wears makeup, but when I experimented as a teenager, all I'd ever get was criticism about how it was applied instead of help. I'm under 30.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 5:51 am
I get tired of people asking if I feel OK and would like to sit down, which is why I wear a modest amount of makeup every day. Just because G-d made me a paleface doesn't mean I have to go around looking like I'm about to faint.

flyinghigh

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 6:00 am
Oh dear makeup how I love you! I wear makeup every day but I don't overdo it (in my opinion) I have really pale eyelashes so I look half dead without my mascara and eyeliner. During the week I only wear blush no foundation or powder and I bh have great skin probably because I moisturize like twice a day. eyes goes all the way with eyeshadow mascara and liner and of course my trusted lipstick or sometimes its lip gloss depends on my mood...

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 6:01 am
yogabird wrote:
I wish I had the type of skin that didn't need makeup.

Whoohoo, you can join my boat. I look like a walking skeleton without even minimal makeup. Daily is eyeliner, blush and lips. Most times I'll try to add mascara but not a must.

sweetpotato

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 6:12 am
I rarely wear makeup. My husband doesn't really care for it. I sometimes go through phases where I'll wear it more regularly but I would say I put it on less than once a month. If I'm home for Shabbos, it feels silly (to me) to put on a face of makeup just for my husband and kids for Friday night and I hate sleeping with it on anyway.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 6:25 am
My DH likes how I look with makeup, so just for him, I definitely put it on on Friday night. I also wear makeup most days, but not every single day. Sometimes more, sometimes less....

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 6:26 am
I wear makeup. I enjoy it. I enjoy trying out different products and looks. I enjoy how it makes me look. I don't "cake on" the makeup. Few women do. That's just an offensive stereotype. If I'm rushed, I can put on a full face -- 3 colors of eye shadow, liner, mascara, color corrector, concealer, foundation, blush, brow gel -- in 8 minutes.

Why do you care what other women do? If you don't enjoy makeup, don't wear it. If you enjoy it, go ahead.

shacn

Post Thu, Sep 15 2016, 6:50 am
I won't leave mt house without mascara and eyeliner Smile but I'm not into the face powders and cakey look wither. On Shabbos ill wear lipstick or if I feel like it another day. For weddings and fancy events - full face of make up, I love it and truly believes it enhances features!
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics