Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Do chassidish people.realize they're dressing their boys in
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 12:36 pm
amother wrote:
Okay, 13. The point is there's a small window of time where they can enjoy choosing what their kid wears, until it's button down shirts and dark pants until the end of time. At some point their socks become scripted, too. So let them take an artistic license for a few years.

Shabbos is different - Chassidish boys start wearing dark pants and white shirts much earlier than 13. My oldest is 7 and he wore it for the first time this summer. But he's clueless when it comes to clothing. Many of my friends had their 5 year old request a plain white shabbos shirt from age 5 already. And the real chassidish who are not trendy probably start at age 3 already.

Even for weekday - the boys have to stop wearing designed yarmulkas from Kita beis. From Kita beis and up they also cant wear shorts, and need to wear only tops with collars - which I hate. That means if they wear a sweater they must have a shirt underneath. Or polo's, but I find most of them nerdy.

I think from about 5th grade and up they can only wear black, navy or gray pants. So yes, I make the most of the styles while I can.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 12:38 pm
mommy3b2c, should I look out for your shopping advice and links?

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 12:46 pm
amother wrote:
...And the real chassidish who are not trendy probably start at age 3 already.

Rolling Eyes What's an unreal chassidish?

WhatFor

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 12:55 pm
I would refuse to let my children near anyone who looked at a young child and associated their clothing with a zexual orientation. That's scary.
In much of Europe as well as places in Israel and America it's perfectly acceptable for toddlers and very young children to be totally naked on beaches because healthy people don't look at babies' bodies and think of zex.
I find this obsession with ensuring that babies' bodies don't appear too zexual repulsive.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 12:56 pm
amother wrote:
mommy3b2c, should I look out for your shopping advice and links?

Yes. When I get to a computer

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 1:00 pm
Seriously, op do you have nothing better to be concerned about????
I'm chassidisch, and dress my toddler son, in what I think is adorable looking, really slim jeans etc. FTR, I by them in non-Jewish stores, in the BOYS section. (Btw, Zara has great pants, for those who would like to know 😝.)

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 1:12 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Np! I feel like I should start a baby fashion blog or something Very Happy

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 1:14 pm
DrMom wrote:
$60 for a gaudy shirt?
For a toddler?
That's nuts.

Another trend I am happy to pass on.

And that's fine. As long as you don't call little children gay looking.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 1:18 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Np! I feel like I should start a baby fashion blog or something Very Happy

You should! And post the link to your blog here, so I (and every one else) can follow it!

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 1:21 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Rolling Eyes What's an unreal chassidish?

Kind of off topic - but there are 2 types of chassidish people. I'm part of the frum but open minded type. Most people that I'm friends with are as well. I personally hate shopping but I do try to keep up with the styles somewhat. I think I'm very similar to non chassidish people, I just can't express myself as much.

However, most of my neighbors and at least half of my classmates are part of another group. Most of them are not into trends at all - they would still spend a lot on fancy classy stuff. Many of her ladies wear suits every day, kids don't wear bright colored clothing or even designed yarmulkas. They are cut off from most of the world - they have no idea and have no interest in politocs, current events...or really life outside of their community. They live happy simple lives. Some of them probably don't even know what gay means.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 1:22 pm
amother wrote:
B"H there are still places where people dress their boys like that. Those places just aren't Brooklyn. Monsey, or Lakewood.

Please clarify for someone who is even more OOT than OOT... in Monsey and Lakewood the little boys are dressed in leggings etc just like in Brooklyn? Or there they are dressed in vests from children's place, unlike the little boys in Brooklyn?

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 2:42 pm
There are leggings and leggings.

Skinny jeans arw ok for little kids as long as they are comfy. Imo.
The cut of the jeans and the jeans facbric usually looks on.

My niece once bought a legging for my 3yonephew (her brother). The fabric was thin and it was a little tight and it made his privates show thru the fabric. It was awful. So there are leggings and then there are leggings.

Btw, my 19 mo totally losses her 12 months size pants. The only thing that holds up on her are leggings. If she were a boy....

And Mommy3b2c, your son is adorable!!!! Those leggings are just as good as regular pants. I love old navy. I just got my kids dresses on sale for next summer at $5.94 each!
And really cute corduroy dresses for $13 and change....
Its a thrill. Shopping is a hobby. And omg accessories. My kids can never have enough belts hair bows and flowers and shoes. I LOVE getting them shoes. NextDirect and zara sale is a very cheap option. Smile

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 2:51 pm
Sad Sad is it just me that can't see any photos on imamother? I get that lil X thingy. but that doesn't open either.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 3:30 pm
amother wrote:
Shabbos is different - Chassidish boys start wearing dark pants and white shirts much earlier than 13. My oldest is 7 and he wore it for the first time this summer. But he's clueless when it comes to clothing. Many of my friends had their 5 year old request a plain white shabbos shirt from age 5 already. And the real chassidish who are not trendy probably start at age 3 already.

Even for weekday - the boys have to stop wearing designed yarmulkas from Kita beis. From Kita beis and up they also cant wear shorts, and need to wear only tops with collars - which I hate. That means if they wear a sweater they must have a shirt underneath. Or polo's, but I find most of them nerdy.

I think from about 5th grade and up they can only wear black, navy or gray pants. So yes, I make the most of the styles while I can.

Instead of saying all chassidish boys maybe say the name of the cheder your boys go to. My sons go to a chassidish cheder and they don't have all these rules so this boys dress code you speak of has nothing to do with chassidish. They start dressing in black and white at 13.

Maya

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 3:48 pm
amother wrote:
Okay, 13. The point is there's a small window of time where they can enjoy choosing what their kid wears, until it's button down shirts and dark pants until the end of time. At some point their socks become scripted, too. So let them take an artistic license for a few years.

Not "okay, 13." There's a big difference between six and 13. It's not such a small window of time when you're talking twelve years. It's not a lifetime, but it's not a measly few years either.

Btw, at some point the underwear gets scripted, too LOL

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 3:51 pm
Maya wrote:

Official rules??? How do they enforce it?

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 4:12 pm
Maya wrote:
Not "okay, 13." There's a big difference between six and 13. It's not such a small window of time when you're talking twelve years. It's not a lifetime, but it's not a measly few years either.

Actually, its a small window for everyone. Most kids -- or at least my kids -- don't let you choose their clothes for very long. They have definite opinions on what they will, or will not, wear.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 4:15 pm
Maya wrote:

Yep, DHs testimony from the Mikva

sequoia

Post Wed, Sep 28 2016, 4:21 pm
Maya wrote:

This is a joke, right?

So, what color boxers can men wear?

amother