Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Leaked Trump tape will you still vote for him?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

rfeig613

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 11:06 am
I am voting for Trump and I don't find this tape a problem.

Men use prust language. That's their animal nature.

treestump

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 11:15 am
rfeig613 wrote:

This is not just about (disgusting) language.

The words he uses tells us that he s-xually assaulted women without their consent.

Is that not a problem for you?

gold21

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 11:18 am
rfeig613 wrote:

The tape is a problem, although you can still vote for Trump.

A well brought up man would never speak that way. Even if he would think that way, theoretically, he would not verbalize those thoughts.

gold21

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 11:19 am
treestump wrote:
This is not just about (disgusting) language.

The words he uses tells us that he s-xually assaulted women without their consent.

Is that not a problem for you?

I don't think he really "grabbed women by their *****s" as he stated; it was just him running his mouth as per usual. I don't think he's a s-xual predator.

CatLady

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 11:46 am
Quote:

This statement is demeaning to both genders - it treats women as objects and assumes that men are animals. As a feminist and mother of a son, I see it as an equal opportunity offender.

gold21

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 12:06 pm
CatLady wrote:
Quote:

This statement is demeaning to both genders - it treats women as objects and assumes that men are animals. As a feminist and mother of a son, I see it as an equal opportunity offender.

I agree

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 12:53 pm
I am voting for Trump because I am already paying over $30k in taxes a year and dont want to pay anymore.
I am voting for Trump because I feel he will be more supportive of Israel than Hillary Clinton. I am voting for Trump because I do not believe in forcing businesses to pay minimum wage $15.
I could not care less about what vulgarities he says in private since the same could be said for Clinton. I care about the real issues.

sarahleah88

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 1:11 pm
Has anyone considered the impact of this misogynistic meshugenah winning the US presidency on the world markets? Even though it's become obvious that he cannot and will not win, one of my biggest fears was, if he did win, the markets would tank big time, here and all over the world. He is not a friend of Israel, he is a friend of himself and himself alone.

boysrus

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 1:59 pm
rfeig613 wrote:

sorry, but thats garbage. My dh is not the most perfect man in the world, but he never uses prust language. I feel so bad for you that your dh, and the other men in your lives speak like that. I assume they do so, otherwise you wouldnt have made such a ridiculous assumption.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 2:22 pm
sarahleah88 wrote:
Has anyone considered the impact of this misogynistic meshugenah winning the US presidency on the world markets? Even though it's become obvious that he cannot and will not win, one of my biggest fears was, if he did win, the markets would tank big time, here and all over the world. He is not a friend of Israel, he is a friend of himself and himself alone.

Im waiting for the punchline. You say the markets will tank and he's not a friend of israel. I don't think you can argue that hillary is a better friend so is your entire argument that the market will tank if trump wins? Is that why people are pro clinton?

sarahleah88

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 2:40 pm
Hillary Clinton is far better prepared to be a friend to Israel. Donald is an impulsive loose cannon who will promise th o protect and preserve Israel but he has neither the brains, experience nor the connections to do so. Hillary Clinton, and her husband before her, have always been a friend to Israel but not in a public way. Their connections run deep and sure.

The markets will tank because of the worldwide fear that an unhinged, uninformed megalomaniac will have the ability to provoke our enemies and alienate our friends. Say what you will about Hillary, she is bright, articulate and supremely well versed in world affairs and diplomacy.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 2:44 pm
sarahleah88 wrote:
Hillary Clinton is far better prepared to be a friend to Israel. Donald is an impulsive loose cannon who will promise th o protect and preserve Israel but he has neither the brains, experience nor the connections to do so. Hillary Clinton, and her husband before her, have always been a friend to Israel but not in a public way. Their connections run deep and sure.

The markets will tank because of the worldwide fear that an unhinged, uninformed megalomaniac will have the ability to provoke our enemies and alienate our friends. Say what you will about Hillary, she is bright, articulate and supremely well versed in world affairs and diplomacy.

And what a friend Hillary is to Israel. I still remember when she put her arms around Suha Arafat and embraced her. And she sure has friends in Palestinian circles. Rich friends.

With friends like that, who needs enemies?

sarahleah88

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 2:52 pm
I feel that the actions you refer to are for political purposes. I believe that her connections run deep within Israel and I have confidence in her.

Miri7

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 2:52 pm
amother wrote:
I am voting for Trump because I am already paying over $30k in taxes a year and dont want to pay anymore.
I am voting for Trump because I feel he will be more supportive of Israel than Hillary Clinton. I am voting for Trump because I do not believe in forcing businesses to pay minimum wage $15.
I could not care less about what vulgarities he says in private since the same could be said for Clinton. I care about the real issues.

I understand that you support Trump because you don't want to pay more taxes, think he's more pro-Israel, and oppose a $15 minimum wage.

But what are these private vulgarities of Clinton's? It's fine to say that you don't mind his comments but I haven't heard any similar vulgar comments by Clinton.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 3:15 pm
amother wrote:
Im waiting for the punchline. You say the markets will tank and he's not a friend of israel. I don't think you can argue that hillary is a better friend so is your entire argument that the market will tank if trump wins? Is that why people are pro clinton?

Different poster, but not only can I argue that Clinton would be much better for Israel than Trump, I think its an obvious point.

Indeed, back in May (the last poll I could easily locate), more Israeli Jews thought that Clinton would be better for Israel than thought Trump would be.

Fox

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 4:02 pm
sarahleah88 wrote:
Has anyone considered the impact of this misogynistic meshugenah winning the US presidency on the world markets? Even though it's become obvious that he cannot and will not win, one of my biggest fears was, if he did win, the markets would tank big time, here and all over the world.

I've actually looked into this extensively, and there is no evidence whatsoever for the scenario you present.

Markets don't care whether things are good or bad; they just like certainty. To the degree that a new president is an unknown factor, the markets generally decline a little when someone new takes office. Historically, they declined slightly more when a Democrat took office than a Republican, simply because Democrats are often seen as more hostile to business. However, everything evens out shortly.

I recommend reading Ken Fisher on this topic.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 4:27 pm
Fox wrote:
I've actually looked into this extensively, and there is no evidence whatsoever for the scenario you present.

Markets don't care whether things are good or bad; they just like certainty. To the degree that a new president is an unknown factor, the markets generally decline a little when someone new takes office. Historically, they declined slightly more when a Democrat took office than a Republican, simply because Democrats are often seen as more hostile to business. However, everything evens out shortly.

I recommend reading Ken Fisher on this topic.

Really? You can't find anything on the economic impact of a Trump presidency on the US economy.

Let me google that for you. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=economic+.....icies

First link: His presidency would cost the U.S. economy $1 trillion over the next five years, according to Oxford Economics, a British forecasting firm with offices in the United States.

Oh, look, next we have Moody's. https://www.economy.com/mark-z.....s.pdf

Forbes, citing Moody's for the statement that Where Trump's Economic Policies Might Spark Recession, Clinton's Could Boost GDP And Lower Unemployment

Specifically as to the market, here's CNN, saying its likely to fall 8%. http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/1......html

If you don't think that markets don't react to major things like presidential elections, including the anticipated policies of the person elected, well, my suggestion is to keep your money under a mattress.

Fox

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 5:39 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
If you don't think that markets don't react to major things like presidential elections, including the anticipated policies of the person elected, well, my suggestion is to keep your money under a mattress.

Well, I spent a very, very long day in a ballroom in Oak Brook, Illinois, last month being schooled on this subject, and while you've cited some good articles, there are a few points that speakers at the conference made that should be considered:

* Financial forecasting of market activity is most useful within the range of 3 months to 9 months. Anything that's going to happen within 3 months is already factored into the market, and the market doesn't care about anything that happens more than 9 months out. So while the Moody analysis is definitely interesting, the projections are simply too far into the future to be considered reliable.

* As for the stock market falling 8 percent, well, yes it will. It will definitely fall 8 percent if Trump is elected. It will also likely fall 8 percent if Clinton is elected. If you look at the DJI over the past five years, you'll see that it has fallen significantly several times -- and recovered.

Being completely fair, the consensus at this conference (led by major investor groups) was that it didn't matter to the economy whether Trump or Clinton were elected. Either way, there would be some short-term fluctuations, but barring any catastrophic events (e.g., 9/11), everything would recover.

shoshanim999

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 5:53 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Really? You can't find anything on the economic impact of a Trump presidency on the US economy.

Let me google that for you. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=economic+.....icies

First link: His presidency would cost the U.S. economy $1 trillion over the next five years, according to Oxford Economics, a British forecasting firm with offices in the United States.

Oh, look, next we have Moody's. https://www.economy.com/mark-z.....s.pdf

Forbes, citing Moody's for the statement that Where Trump's Economic Policies Might Spark Recession, Clinton's Could Boost GDP And Lower Unemployment

Specifically as to the market, here's CNN, saying its likely to fall 8%. http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/1......html

Im sure trump has his economist whose data will show that under clinton's plan the economy will tank and with trump's plan things will thrive. I'm sure when Obama was running he put out statistics, data and projections by his well known economists indicating that with his plan the deficit will be reduced, employment will pick up, wages will go higher among other things. Then he gets elected and all the predictions go into the toilet and the deficit it 20 trillion, unemployment is terrible, ect. Then the next candidate gets up and looks us right in the face and says the same baloney statistics and people buy it. Ridiculous. Do you really believe these projections? Do you not realize that trump has the same projections from his economists?

marina

Post Mon, Oct 10 2016, 11:35 pm
Fox wrote:
Well, I spent a very, very long day in a ballroom in Oak Brook, Illinois, last month being schooled on this subject, and while you've cited some good articles, there are a few points that speakers at the conference made that should be considered:

* Financial forecasting of market activity is most useful within the range of 3 months to 9 months. Anything that's going to happen within 3 months is already factored into the market, and the market doesn't care about anything that happens more than 9 months out. So while the Moody analysis is definitely interesting, the projections are simply too far into the future to be considered reliable.

* As for the stock market falling 8 percent, well, yes it will. It will definitely fall 8 percent if Trump is elected. It will also likely fall 8 percent if Clinton is elected. If you look at the DJI over the past five years, you'll see that it has fallen significantly several times -- and recovered.

Being completely fair, the consensus at this conference (led by major investor groups) was that it didn't matter to the economy whether Trump or Clinton were elected. Either way, there would be some short-term fluctuations, but barring any catastrophic events (e.g., 9/11), everything would recover.

I'm going to have to go with Six on this one. This election is not like any other and Trump is not comparable to any other candidate of any other party. Analyzing previous market reactions may not be as useful for a Trump presidency as they would be for a Clinton one. The main concern about a Trump presidency is one that is also most fatal to economies- instability. Instability is what Trump brings to the international table and that's what those markets will react to if he's chosen.

What will protect the economy is the set of trading curbs/ thresholds that will hopefully prevent a full-out crash. Also that there are several months btw election and inauguration is also very helpful.
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics