Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Leaked Trump tape will you still vote for him?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 9:51 pm
Obama spoke like that as well, trust me, and so did probably most presidents starting from George Washington. But if Obama had it leaked onto a tape the media wouldn't have published it. That's the only difference.

As much as this opinion is unpopular here, the truth is that most men, unless they worked hard on themselves for religious or moral purposes, make such comments and think of women in this way, as s_x objects. It's upsetting and sad but it is what it is. I didn't always believe this, tried not to, but one has gotta face reality.

I don't like trump. I'm not sticking up for him as a trump supporter. I just don't like the way the media makes it seem that he's this outlandish pig, when most other modern day men are just the same.

Notsobusy

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 9:56 pm
amother wrote:
Obama spoke like that as well, trust me, and so did probably most presidents starting from George Washington. But if Obama had it leaked onto a tape the media wouldn't have published it. That's the only difference.

As much as this opinion is unpopular here, the truth is that most men, unless they worked hard on themselves for religious or moral purposes, make such comments and think of women in this way, as s_x objects. It's upsetting and sad but it is what it is. I didn't always believe this, tried not to, but one has gotta face reality.

I don't like trump. I'm not sticking up for him as a trump supporter. I just don't like the way the media makes it seem that he's this outlandish pig, when most other modern day men are just the same.

I disagree. I don't like Obama as president, I think he did some very damaging things. But, the guy is a mentch. I'm sure he doesn't say such things. Trump has publicly degraded and insulted women, immigrants, disabled people...........so it's not surprising to hear that he says worse things in private. Obama may say things in private that he wouldn't say publicly, we all do, but I'm sure it's nowhere near what Trump says in public.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 10:01 pm
marina wrote:
Of course! Who wouldn't want a sleezeball who grabs women's "...." without permission as the leader of the free world?

And oy, are you offended by the word I just used? That's okay- that's your future leader there using it. Get used to it.!

He wouldn't be the first, and that never bothered Bill or Kennedy's supporters

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 10:07 pm
glutenless wrote:
I disagree. I don't like Obama as president, I think he did some very damaging things. But, the guy is a mentch. I'm sure he doesn't say such things. Trump has publicly degraded and insulted women, immigrants, disabled people...........so it's not surprising to hear that he says worse things in private. Obama may say things in private that he wouldn't say publicly, we all do, but I'm sure it's nowhere near what Trump says in public.

I agree with you. To me it's just that Trump can't keep his vulgar comments to himself, but it's not like others don't think it.
So the issue here is not really his way of thinking, it's how he acts on it.
And yes, his speech in public might be more vulgar than what many other men would speak in private, which is truly disgusting, but it's still doesn't make him some sort of alien, maybe just a bigger pig. Certainly not what the media is trying To portray his as, the pig of men amongst the saints of men.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 10:24 pm
amother wrote:
I agree with you. To me it's just that Trump can't keep his vulgar comments to himself, but it's not like others don't think it.
So the issue here is not really his way of thinking, it's how he acts on it.
And yes, his speech in public might be more vulgar than what many other men would speak in private, which is truly disgusting, but it's still doesn't make him some sort of alien, maybe just a bigger pig. Certainly not what the media is trying To portray his as, the pig of men amongst the saints of men.

Men talk about women, but he's bragging about being able to assault women and get away with it. Plus he was 58 when he said this which is way too old to talk like a vulgar horny teenager.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 10:35 pm
amother wrote:
Men talk about women, but he's bragging about being able to assault women and get away with it. Plus he was 58 when he said this which is way too old to talk like a vulgar horny teenager.

So far, no one has claimed that Trump has actually assaulted anyone.

Bill Clinton assaulted possibly hundreds of women, many while he was serving as president, and then used threats of harm and intimidation to keep them from reporting.

And somehow, his reputation is still sparkling.

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 10:41 pm
amother wrote:

I'm absolutely not excusing him. He's a vulgar man with a foul mouth.
I just don't think that it's so shocking for a man of power, fame and fortune, to think like this, and that it would actually be a game changer who to vote for, as the media is making it out to be .

marina

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 10:47 pm
amother wrote:
So far, no one has claimed that Trump has actually assaulted anyone.

Bill Clinton assaulted possibly hundreds of women, many while he was serving as president, and then used threats of harm and intimidation to keep them from reporting.

And somehow, his reputation is still sparkling.

except for Ivana who testified under oath that he raped her.

except for a woman who sued Trump for allegedly raping her when she was 13.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 10:47 pm
Hillary has lied so many times, on so many issues, from her breaches of protocol that created national security risks with her emails, to ignoring hundreds of requests for help at Benghazi resulting in 4 US servicemen's deaths and then lying and claiming there were no requests for help, to the millions of dollars she makes from the Clinton foundation via questionably legal means, the pay to play money she took from enemy countries, and the list doesn't even end there.

So yeah, it would be nice if the better candidate's private conversations secretly recorded 8 years ago, evinced a deeper respect for women but....really? Between the two, it's not even a question imo

marina

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 10:49 pm
amother wrote:

Okay. I'll trust you, an anonymous poster who is not even using her already anonymous name, to inform me that Obama also brags about s-xually assaulting women. Sure. Sounds legit.

gold21

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 10:50 pm
amother wrote:

Do you have sons, brothers, etc?

I'd like to think that they don't view women solely as s-x objects. One can find women attractive and not think only in s-xual terms.

marina

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 10:52 pm
amother wrote:
Hillary has lied so many times, on so many issues, from her breaches of protocol that created national security risks with her emails, to ignoring hundreds of requests for help at Benghazi resulting in 4 US servicemen's deaths and then lying and claiming there were no requests for help, to the millions of dollars she makes from the Clinton foundation via questionably legal means, the pay to play money she took from enemy countries, and the list doesn't even end there.

So yeah, it would be nice if the better candidate's private conversations secretly recorded 8 years ago, evinced a deeper respect for women but....really? Between the two, it's not even a question imo

It's way more fun to be a Clinton supporter than a Trump one. If you're a Trump supporter, you have only three moves, and they are called : emails, Benghazi, Clinton Cash. If you're a Clinton supporter, you have new material every. single. day.

Fox

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 10:56 pm
This is a complete yawn, per Charles Krauthammer.

This horse left the barn back in the mid-90s, when the argument was made by at least 50 Democratic Senators that being guilty of inappropriate and possibly predatory s-xual behavior as well as lying about it under oath does not disqualify one from the role of President and leader of the free world.

So it's about 20 years too late for Democrats to clutch their pearls.

But Trump's crude vulgarity isn't the story here. The real story is Wikileaks and the purloined emails.

Does anyone really think that this little nugget about Trump just happened to come out precisely at the time Assange released 2000 emails, including transcripts of various Clinton speeches and responses from John Podesta, et. al.?

Assange claims that the 2000 emails are a small fraction of the stuff he plans to release, and that some of it will be far more damaging. If Assange is telling the truth, expect to see worse and worse "revelations" about Trump, each one carefully timed to coincide with the Wikileaks release. It wouldn't suprise me if someone dug up footage of him shooting kittens or puppies with an assault rifle.

So what is our attention being diverted from:

* “My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders,” Clinton told a Brazilian banking group in 2014.

* Communications Director Jennifer Palmieri told Clinton staffers that Clinton wanted to respond to Clinton Cash . “It was a difficult conversation. My impression is she wants a much stronger response. Which means engaging more on details that we have to date not found in our interest to do so.”

* Clinton's coziness with Wall Street firms.

* Endless wrangling over how to please all possible constituencies; avoid being critical of President Obama; and presenting the best possible spin on various issues.

Truthfully, there was nothing I thought was particularly devastating. Oh, Clinton's open borders dream might disturb you if you were Jewish, Christian, the wrong kind of Muslim, atheist, gay, or a member of some other sub-group whom jihadists want to kill, but it's unlikely that we would really open our borders in such a fashion.

Also, if cynicism is off-putting to you or you feel that Bernie Sanders deserves a modicum of respect, you'll definitely want to avoid these emails.

As far as voting "for" Trump goes, I don't know anyone personally who is voting "for" him. Most of us are simply voting against Clinton.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 11:02 pm
marina wrote:
except for Ivana who testified under oath that he raped her.

except for a woman who sued Trump for allegedly raping her when she was 13.

A 1 minute google search just turned up that Ivana denied the 30 year old claim. She said that she made the claim during their contentious divorce, trying to explain how he neglected her emotionally. Whatever. (Back then, NY did not have no-fault divorce, so grounds had to be proven, giving an incentive for bitter fighting.)

I just googled now and learned of the other claim, an adult woman who sued in CA pro se but her case was dismissed, claiming this happened when she was a kid. So we'll have to wait and see if a court thinks there's any credibility to that.

Trump is coarse and vulgar, but this is all just a side-show. If only the msm would give half the negative attention to the democrat candidate as it consistently gives to the republican.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 11:06 pm
marina wrote:
It's way more fun to be a Clinton supporter than a Trump one. If you're a Trump supporter, you have only three moves, and they are called : emails, Benghazi, Clinton Cash. If you're a Clinton supporter, you have new material every. single. day.

And those are pretty big. They show she's a crook. Asking honestly, how does that not bother you?

Laiya

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 11:09 pm
Fox wrote:

Does anyone really think that this little nugget about Trump just happened to come out precisely at the time Assange released 2000 emails, including transcripts of various Clinton speeches and responses from John Podesta, et. al.?

Assange claims that the 2000 emails are a small fraction of the stuff he plans to release, and that some of it will be far more damaging. If Assange is telling the truth, expect to see worse and worse "revelations" about Trump, each one carefully timed to coincide with the Wikileaks release. It wouldn't suprise me if someone dug up footage of him shooting kittens or puppies with an assault rifle.

[snipped]

But your typical voter who just peruses news headlines will only know about Trump's "atrocities".

marina

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 11:10 pm
amother wrote:
A 1 minute google search just turned up that Ivana denied the 30 year old claim. She said that she made the claim during their contentious divorce, trying to explain how he neglected her emotionally. Whatever. (Back then, NY did not have no-fault divorce, so grounds had to be proven, giving an incentive for bitter fighting.)

I just googled now and learned of the other claim, an adult woman who sued in CA pro se but her case was dismissed, claiming this happened when she was a kid. So we'll have to wait and see if a court thinks there's any credibility to that.

Trump is coarse and vulgar, but this is all just a side-show. If only the msm would give half the negative attention to the democrat candidate as it consistently gives to the republican.

Okay, she still testified to it under oath. Doesn't change what I wrote. The woman filed again just recently.

marina

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 11:13 pm
I would love open borders. Totally impractical, but that's my dream too. Me and also pretty much almost every libertarian. So no- not bothered by that comment.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 11:16 pm
marina wrote:
Okay, she still testified to it under oath. Doesn't change what I wrote. The woman filed again just recently.

She testified, during a time when she had an incentive, but then she retracted.

And I'm assuming the actual testimony was sealed, but just quoted in that book from 1990. So it's not even clear what she actually testified to.

Anyway, I hope people who find this objectionable were not also happy to give Bill a pass.

Chloe

Post Sat, Oct 08 2016, 11:17 pm
I just can't figure it out. Out of the millions of USA citizens, eligible to run for president, it had to be Trump versus Hillary. How did we as a country go so wrong, so downhill ???
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics