Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
S/O- what is 1 thing u do that makes u feel like a good mom
1  2  Next

pause

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 6:41 pm
We all try to be the best we can be all the time. But which ONE thing that when you do that, you feel like you are doing a pretty darned good job of raising your kids?

For me it would be spending one on one time with each kid each day where I am actively listening and completely focused on the child.

amazingmommy

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 6:43 pm
When I sit on the floor and play with my baby and can present with him...

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 6:45 pm
pause wrote:
We all try to be the best we can be all the time. But which ONE thing that wehen you do that, you feel like you are doing a pretty darned good job of raising your kids?

For me it would be spending one on one time with each kid each day where I am actively listening and completely focused on the child.

Ditto!

amother
Black

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 6:50 pm
For me, it's being on birth control. Not having children now until I heal my childhood scars is what will make me a good mom one day.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 6:50 pm
Packing lunches prepping cloths and writing nice mitzvah notes with stickers, doing homework, praising them, having hot dinner ready, doing baths brushing their hair teaching them to throw clothes in the hamper, reading to them, telling them new things, listening to their days, teaching them to brush their teeth, putting them to bed on time, singing shema etc telling a story.....
When I do these things or atleast an assortment of them each day I feel like a good mom.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 6:55 pm
Around 5PM is a really difficult time for my toddler now that we're cooped inside due to the cold and dark. Today I turned on the music and we had fun dancing and acting silly. Neater than letting her destroy my kitchen and bonus exercise for me! Wink

chay

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 7:05 pm
B"H

When I put my phone away and chill with my kids after they come home until bed time.

Zehava

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 7:10 pm
When I don't shove things down their throat and try not to sweat the small stuff. When I hug them when I feel like slapping them. When I let them grow Into who they're meant to be.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 7:19 pm
When my husband resists my attempts at discipline at first, then later thanks me and supports me, and I feel we are working well together.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 7:32 pm
When my older kids (around 8-12) are talking with me about various things in the world and I get to see things through their lens, and I realize that they've each become a really good, kind, thoughtful, mentschlich person. I realize that I can't take all of the credit, but at those moments I do feel like I've managed to do the important things right.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 7:40 pm
I teach them to be independant and work on their decision making from a very early age. That fosters self esteem and teaches them what life is about when they are still young.

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 7:48 pm
When I act excited to see my kid when she wakes me up at 6AM (no it's not a midnight waking, but a 'morning' wake up alarm). She truly thinks I'm thrilled to wake up at 6 when I twisted and turned in bed till I fell asleep 4AM. Yawn

When I see my kids communicating verbally instead of physically and when I see them celebrating each other's successes - makes me a proud mom. Yes (like today when my 3yo cheered on her 21mo sister while she put on her crocs herself for the first time. Or 21 mo getting excited when 3yo gets herself dressed all by herself. Clapping "yaaaay" Just adorable.)

anonymrs

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 7:49 pm
When I let them walk out of the house wearing something that I think doesn't match, wrong season, self-made hair (ages 4-6 lol) to let their little independent souls grow into their own people. I am extremely put together and I feel like for me, this is the ultimate removal of my ego from the picture with the only focus on raising healthy, independent people.

sky

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 8:56 pm
When I play a long uninterrupted game with them.

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 9:11 pm
I KNOW I did something right when my adult children enjoy spending time with me and actually ASK for my opinion on IMPORTANT things...

Despite the fact that I was less than perfect mom when they were kids I figured it out as they got older and today I am pleased to share that BH I raised 3 awesome kids!!

Teomima

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 9:15 pm
With my older ones, it's reading together. I'm so grateful they enjoy books as much as I do and we have such fun following the adventures of various characters.

But with all of them, it's as simple as watching them play together. They love each other, enjoy each other's company, and take such good care of each other. It maks me feel I must have done something right if they're all such good sisters to each other

lucky14

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 9:16 pm
amazingmommy wrote:
When I sit on the floor and play with my baby and can present with him...

exactly what I was going to say. Especially when there's so many chores that need to be done, but I put those on hold and just get down and play- no distractions, full attention and fun. The smile on his face and excitement in his eyes makes me feel so good.

mamallama

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 9:48 pm
When I blast music and dance and sing like crazy with my family. When I look around and see the incredible joy and delight on their faces, I know that I'm doing something right B"H.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 3:18 am
When I actively play with them.
Give them each individual time.
Have the house neat.
Make them a well rounded meal -and they like it!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 3:41 am
anonymrs wrote:
When I let them walk out of the house wearing something that I think doesn't match, wrong season, self-made hair (ages 4-6 lol) to let their little independent souls grow into their own people. I am extremely put together and I feel like for me, this is the ultimate removal of my ego from the picture with the only focus on raising healthy, independent people.

Agree, I think that's really important. I let DS once go to gan with a picnic hamper instead of his usual little lunch bag, and my 3-yr old DD went to gan wearing a kipa once Smile
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics