Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What does sunday cost you.
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

rachel6543

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 4:28 pm
Usually nothing. I have family passes to the local zoo (about $120 for thr year I think), so every few weeks I take my kid there for a few hrs. I bring food so we're not spending money. Otherwise Sunday is at home doing chores, going for walks, the park, bike riding, play dates or errands like Costco. Every few weeks or months we'll go out to the local coffee shop for breakfast ($20 for the family) or maybe out for ice cream or frozen yogurt ($10-$20 for the family). There are also a few local libraries that have Sunday afternoon hours and I'll sometimes take my son there to check out new books. I can't afford to do events or things that cost money every week. For the first time ever a few weeks ago I did take my child to the movies on a Sunday date when it was a rainy day, then we went for donuts afterwards. That was really nice. We went to an earlier morning showing that had discount ticket prices.

yksraya

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 6:08 pm
amother wrote:
Is the class in boro park? I'd love more information.

I'm not in BP. I know she gives courses in city too, think willi tho, no clue.

geulah papyrus

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 6:31 pm
Not sure where you are, OP, but many local libraries hold free children's programs on Sundays, ranging from crafts to performers, sing-alongs, and story time. It might be something worth checking out.

avocadochoc

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 7:11 pm
never understood people that spent so much money on sundays. after a whole week of structure in school my daughters (sons in school till 1:00) the kids just wanna chill. they play,read or just chillax. older kids sometimes bake, paint or do things they don't have time for during the week. if the kids need shoes or something we save that errand for sunday. we always have a family bbq (yes-even in the snow) or homemade Chinese dinner. kids never asked for more.we love sundays!!!

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 7:26 pm
amother wrote:
Tell me about it. Up to $15/hr from around 9am till about midnight some weeks. Other weeks we get off cheaper. Like today will only be $90.

Can I ask what work you and your husband do that occasionally necessitates a babysitter till midnight on a sunday?

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 7:28 pm
What does it cost in money? Not much. In sanity? That's another story. I hate Sundays.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 7:30 pm
amother wrote:
What does it cost in money? Not much. In sanity? That's another story. I hate Sundays.

I'm with you. I don't know why Sundays were invented in first place.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:21 pm
Am I the only one cramming a week's worth of errands into a Sunday afternoon?
I can spend more on Sunday than I do the rest of the week, often close to $300.
There's groceries and target and the tights store and the cleaners and and and....
And then we come home to a wreaked house, piles of laundry waiting to be ironed, folded and put away, loads of bags to unpack, and tired, hungry, cranky kids to deal with. At wits end

Sundays make Mondays look positively fun!

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:29 pm
I have small kids, but they are tough and need to be out of the house and entertained. They also wake up extremely early, so by 9 they have already been up for around 4 hours. We average around $60-70 per Sunday, not counting money spent on errands.

nicole81

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:36 pm
We don't spend much. One kid is in school half the day. Playdates are free. I often bake with the kids for the week. The kids are also happy to use electronics as Sunday is pretty much the only day they can use them for any length of time.

There are 7 of us so when we do plan a cooler month outing, between gas, admission, and food, the day can cost anywhere from $150-$400... But we only do that about 2-3x between September and June.

gold21

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:41 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
That's just what I was thinking when I read this thread. Older kids can just chill doing what they want to decompress and destress from a week of school. Littles can get involved with imaginative play, dress up, putting on 'shows', blanket forts just to name a few. Imaginative play helps their minds work, they can experience decision making, become more creative and develop more social skills. Imaginative play is a vital part of child development.

That worked in the 80s and 90s

Not so much with the current crop of kids

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:42 pm
amother wrote:
wow! I have 3 and the oldest is also 3.5. On sundays we have lots of fun cleaning and doing laundry together. They LOVE it! We sort laundry, dust furniture, etc. We also ride bikes, listen to music, and dance together. Once in a while we will go to a park or the library. Sunday is our favorite day!

We also love Sunday, but my kids under age 3 prefer throwing the laundry around then helping me sort it. Smile. That's great that yours enjoy cleaning with you though!

gold21

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:42 pm
Playdates!!!

We love playdates.

They're the best way for kids to spend a Sunday.

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:44 pm
amother wrote:
I'm with you. I don't know why Sundays were invented in first place.

I guess you could move to Israel, no sunday day off there! I need my sundays.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:45 pm
gold21 wrote:
That worked in the 80s and 90s

Not so much with the current crop of kids

It seems to be working well with the grand kids. I'll have to tell the DD she's doing it wrong. LOL

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:58 pm
gold21 wrote:
Playdates!!!

We love playdates.

They're the best way for kids to spend a Sunday.

Playdates make it worse. I can't stand other people's kids.

gold21

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:58 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
It seems to be working well with the grand kids. I'll have to tell the DD she's doing it wrong. LOL

She lives with you?

gold21

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:59 pm
amother wrote:
Playdates make it worse. I can't stand other people's kids.

Not sure what to respond to that. OK.

cnc

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 9:01 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

Works well in my house too BH.
The kids have a long day during the week. I"m happy they have a "chill day" once a week.

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 9:02 pm
gold21 wrote:
She lives with you?

What does her location have to do with imaginative play?

Developmental psychologists acknowledge the value of imaginative play for kids. It means that you don't have to hand a child an electronic device to keep them occupied, they can use their imaginations for a variety of play scenarios.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics