Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
HEALTHY butternut squash kugel, please
Previous  1  2

abismommy

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 10:09 pm
I made a butternut squash kugel for pesach - AMAZING!!- and made sure to slice it cold and serve it barely warmed - otherwise it falls apart.
if you want the recipe, I'll find it.

anonymom

Post Thu, May 21 2009, 11:09 pm
Momof2kiddies wrote:
I have taken my more fattening butternut squash kugel and sliced some things out and it comes out great. here it is:

2 boxes frozen butternut squash
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
3 eggs (recipe calls for 4)
few drops oil (instead of a 3/4 stick margarine)

if I'm in the mood, I'll add a little vanilla extract or some cinnamon. You can bake it in a pie shell (or not). bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.

My recipe is similar.

1 box frozen b.n. squash
6 oz sugar
6 oz flour
3 eggs
1tsp vanilla

The flour and sugar are estimated. You can increase if you like. Sprinkle top with cinnamon. No oil, margarine, mayo, parve milk, and its delicious. Depending on how much you beat the eggs, thats how fluffy and cakey it will be. Bake in a 9 x 5 pan for 1 hour.

yiddishe vayb

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 5:53 pm
deedee wrote:
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup oil / applesauce
2 lg eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 butternut squash (cooked!)

blend all together and bake at 350 for 45 min

its delish and e/o loves it. u can reduce amount of sugar and use olive oil for healthier option-enjoy!
u can sprinkle some cinnimon on top for garnish

I made this. I left out the oil completely. used only egg whites. half the amount of flour but used whole wheat flour used xylithol instead of sugar. sugar free all natural apple sauce. It was amazing and was finished in one sitting!!

today I made it with flax seed meal instead of flour. I will let you know how it comes out!

Blueberry Muffin

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 8:49 pm
anonymom wrote:
Momof2kiddies wrote:
I have taken my more fattening butternut squash kugel and sliced some things out and it comes out great. here it is:

2 boxes frozen butternut squash
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
3 eggs (recipe calls for 4)
few drops oil (instead of a 3/4 stick margarine)

if I'm in the mood, I'll add a little vanilla extract or some cinnamon. You can bake it in a pie shell (or not). bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.

My recipe is similar.

1 box frozen b.n. squash
6 oz sugar
6 oz flour
3 eggs
1tsp vanilla

The flour and sugar are estimated. You can increase if you like. Sprinkle top with cinnamon. No oil, margarine, mayo, parve milk, and its delicious. Depending on how much you beat the eggs, thats how fluffy and cakey it will be. Bake in a 9 x 5 pan for 1 hour.

mine is similar to "momof2kiddies" - very good - and super easy! kids LUV it!

SorGold

Post Tue, Jun 08 2010, 10:36 pm
Birdseye's winter squash is butternut squash. It is already cooked and mashed - makes making butternut squash kugel so easy.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes