Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Fake news
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Fox

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 1:37 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Just heard a soundbite. Was it CNN who said, "That's not appropriate, Mr. Trump"?

Yes -- Jim Acosta of CNN.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 4:05 pm
I don't want this to get boring for you, but great post, fox

Laiya

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 4:10 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Just heard a soundbite. Was it CNN who said, "That's not appropriate, Mr. Trump"?

It wasn't appropriate for Trump to call cnn fake news? This may be the first president who seems to be beating the media at its own game, and they don't know how to handle the situation.

pause

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 5:18 pm
Squishy wrote:
Your idea and my idea of dignified are different. Obama acted inappropriately with a certain blond taking selfies with her ignoring his wife leaving Michelle visibly fuming. Even Bill didn't do this publicly to Hillary. There are rumors of affairs. One as with Caroline Kennedy. He admitted to using cocaine and smoking pot. His daughter was photographed with a joint and drinking under age. The first family spent around $100,000,000 personal luxurious vacations on the taxpayers' backs.

Apparently our ideas of dignified are VERY different. I simply don't see how you can compare any of the above to BJs on the job, lying under oath, and impeachment. Or to having 3 wives (and kids with each) and admitting to groping women before consent.

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 5:42 pm
pause wrote:
Apparently our ideas of dignified are VERY different. I simply don't see how you can compare any of the above to BJs on the job, lying under oath, and impeachment. Or to having 3 wives (and kids with each) and admitting to groping women before consent.

If DH did to me what Obama did to Michelle at Mendela's memorial sevice with a gorgeous blond, he would be my ex-dh. He humiliated her in front of the whole world. How is that dignified? He was such a jerk that Michelle had to separate them and sit between and have photographs of her upset on the internet. He has daughters and acts like that. You have a much higher tolerance than me for public humiliation

I know of Bill's rape charges. DT at least married the women when he got pregnant. DT never admitted to gropping woman without consent. The grab them by the P was a crude and disgusting private conversation objecting women but was not acknowledgement of of groping without consent. This is a different world then the one you and I inhibit.

The best part of Hillary not getting elected is that we don't have Bill back on the white house. Hillary doesn't have to send out anymore memos telling intends to wear their panties.

Anyway, they are all sleaze - Obama included.

shoshanim999

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 5:50 pm
Squishy wrote:
Your idea and my idea of dignified are different. Obama acted inappropriately with a certain blond taking selfies with her ignoring his wife leaving Michelle visibly fuming. Even Bill didn't do this publicly to Hillary. There are rumors of affairs. One as with Caroline Kennedy. He admitted to using cocaine and smoking pot. His daughter was photographed with a joint and drinking under age. The first family spent around $100,000,000 personal luxurious vacations on the taxpayers' backs.

C'mon, took a selfie with a blonde? Michelle was fuming? Will this go down in history as a black mark on his presidency? I'm no fan of obama but to suggest that even Bill didn't do this to Hillary and imply that the selfie that Obama took was worse than the Clinton/Lewinsky scandel is ridiculous.
Rumors of affairs? I don't remember ANY credible lasting rumor at all.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 6:09 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:
C'mon, took a selfie with a blonde? Michelle was fuming? Will this go down in history as a black mark on his presidency? I'm no fan of obama but to suggest that even Bill didn't do this to Hillary and imply that the selfie that Obama took was worse than the Clinton/Lewinsky scandel is ridiculous.

And I guess this is in Obama's defense: as distasteful as the selfies at a funeral seem to me, after reading King Peggy I had a whole different insight into (some) African funerals for heads of state. The funeral in King Peggy had a joyful, carnival atmosphere. I don't know if that was going on at Mandela's but it's possible.

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 7:24 pm
shoshanim999 wrote:

Read the original post. Saint Obama he is not. The post was that he NEVER did anything not dignified and he was always presidential. The selfie was worse than anything Bill did in Hillary's presence not worse than the Monica scandal.

marina

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 9:25 pm
Squishy wrote:
Read the original post. Saint Obama he is not. The post was that he NEVER did anything not dignified and he was always presidential. The selfie was worse than anything Bill did in Hillary's presence not worse than the Monica scandal.

For real? Are you really really for real right now?

Here's the selfie.

This is the "worst" that you have on him?

Trump ****** other women while Melania was pregnant and all of his other wives too. What are you even saying.

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 9:47 pm
marina wrote:
For real? Are you really really for real right now?

Here's the selfie.

This is the "worst" that you have on him?

Trump ****ed other women while Melania was pregnant and all of his other wives too. What are you even saying.

I don't know if you are misunderstanding me or twisting my words on purpose. Let's leave every other disgusting politician out of the discussion and focus on what pause said about Obama.

Once a man humiliates his wife in public in front of the entire world, I can't say he has NEVER done something wrong as a husband, president and father. It is not nice because it is so public.

Without question, there are more disgusting things that other politicians have done, but I put myself in his wife's place and feel for her because it was real-time in front of the cameras.

I would be just as disappointed if a republican or my neighbor disrespected their spouse like that.

marina

Post Wed, Jan 11 2017, 11:26 pm
Obama is of course not a saint so I'm sure he's been insensitive, unkind etc to Michelle and vice versa. I was under the impression you were comparing him to other presidents we've had and will have. My bad.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 7:14 am
marina wrote:
Obama is of course not a saint so I'm sure he's been insensitive, unkind etc to Michelle and vice versa. I was under the impression you were comparing him to other presidents we've had and will have. My bad.

Marina, get with the program.

Obama took a selfie, and a photographer's capture of that shows Michelle with RBF. Same thing as Trump "grab[bing] women by the p****," bringing his mistress on vacation with his [then unaware of the situation] wife and kids, sleeping around, etc.

shoshanim999

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 7:31 am
I don't think Trump can complain to much about fake news after he perpetuated arguably the single most ridiculous fake news story of the entire election. I'm referring to when Trump stood there with a straight face and argued that Ted Cruz father might have been involved in the Kennedy assassination since he was seen talking to Lee Harvey Oswold soon after the assassination. I don't think Trump can complain about the spreading of fake news for the next 1000 years.

pause

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 7:55 am
SixOfWands wrote:

Obama took a selfie, and a photographer's capture of that shows Michelle with RBF. Same thing as Trump "grab[bing] women by the p****," bringing his mistress on vacation with his [then unaware of the situation] wife and kids, sleeping around, etc.

I'm a Republican and usually a very conservative one. I'm finding it hysterical that I'm agreeing with you and Marina. LOL

Jeanette

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 9:42 am
pause wrote:
I'm a Republican and usually a very conservative one. I'm finding it hysterical that I'm agreeing with you and Marina. LOL

I also considered myself a conservative but I no longer know what that means in the days of Trump. I can't keep up anymore with all the positions I'd have to support/defend in order to be considered "conservative."

Fox

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 10:15 am
Listen, a lot of our unhappiness with political figures can be traced to Groucho Marx's paradox: "I wouldn't want to join any club that would have me as a member."

Sane, reasonable, intelligent, humble people do not become president. The qualities that are needed to mount a successful presidential bid are diametrically opposed to the qualities we claim to admire. In fact, anyone who is really sane, reasonable, and intelligent quickly figures out that high public office will chew up his life, destroy his family, and -- assuming he's not outrageously corrupt -- leave him worse off financially.

We are left, then, with individuals who may have some of the qualities we seek, but who almost always have overwhelming egos as well as other psychological traits that ultimately add up to tragic, or at least unfortunate, flaws.

I voted for Obama in 2008, and there are things he did that I think were very good. Even though the ACA is predictably problematic, I believe it was important to get a "rough draft" started to address the fact that employer-based health insurance is no longer a viable option. At the same time, I strongly disagreed with his Israel policy and his unwillingness to call out the progressive left when it erred.

By the same token, I expect that I will have mixed feelings about Trump's presidency. I will probably like some things and dislike others.

Truthfully, we can't really evaluate a President's success until 20-50 years later. Some of the presidents who were beloved in their lives turned out to have implemented less-than-stellar policies, and vice versa. Both Obama and Trump may surprise us in ways we don't expect.

chaiz

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 10:18 am
Fox wrote:

I voted for Obama in 2008, and there are things he did that I think were very good. Even though the ACA is predictably problematic, I believe it was important to get a "rough draft" started to address the fact that employer-based health insurance is no longer a viable option. At the same time, I strongly disagreed with his Israel policy and his unwillingness to call out the progressive left when it erred.

You voted for Obama over McCain???

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 11:03 am
SixOfWands wrote:

Six of Wands, get with the program.

This is the third time I am giving the same explanation. It is not which is worse, it is that Obama is not a saint like pause said. I find all behaviors mentioned disgusting including his cocaine use and pot smoking. BH ALL of these behaviors are not part off my world.

I wish there was a man who always acted with dignity and decorum that I could vote for to sit in the White House. I would vote for him even if he was a liberal.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 11:30 am
Squishy wrote:
Six of Wands, get with the program.

This is the third time I am giving the same explanation. It is not which is worse, it is that Obama is not a saint like pause said. I find all behaviors mentioned disgusting including his cocaine use and pot smoking. BH ALL of these behaviors are not part off my world.

I wish there was a man who always acted with dignity and decorum that I could vote for to sit in the White House. I would vote for him even if he was a liberal.

You cannot respect someone because he did things that you disagree with 30-something years ago?

So, I assume that you didn't vote for Trump, given all of his statements about z3xual harassment, allegations of drug use back in the 80s, etc.

And you must have despised Bush, given his drinking problems (which he admirably overcame), not to mention allegations that he was snorting cocaine at Camp David when his father was president (which, again, he overcame, assuming it was true).

Obama is no saint. No one is. Live with it.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jan 12 2017, 11:35 am
Fox wrote:
Listen, a lot of our unhappiness with political figures can be traced to Groucho Marx's paradox: "I wouldn't want to join any club that would have me as a member."

Sane, reasonable, intelligent, humble people do not become president. The qualities that are needed to mount a successful presidential bid are diametrically opposed to the qualities we claim to admire. In fact, anyone who is really sane, reasonable, and intelligent quickly figures out that high public office will chew up his life, destroy his family, and -- assuming he's not outrageously corrupt -- leave him worse off financially.

We are left, then, with individuals who may have some of the qualities we seek, but who almost always have overwhelming egos as well as other psychological traits that ultimately add up to tragic, or at least unfortunate, flaws.

By the same token, I expect that I will have mixed feelings about Trump's presidency. I will probably like some things and dislike others.

Truthfully, we can't really evaluate a President's success until 20-50 years later. Some of the presidents who were beloved in their lives turned out to have implemented less-than-stellar policies, and vice versa. Both Obama and Trump may surprise us in ways we don't expect.

It's a sign of sanity and intelligence to recognize that you're not going to agree -- or disagree -- with every action a politician takes. IMNSHO.

I think Obama believed in what he did, and genuinely believed that it was in America's best interests. (I believe the same of Bush, FTR.)
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics