Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Chocolate Bark
1  2  Next

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 6:32 pm
I am thinking of making chocolate bark for mishloach manos but I have no idea how much to make. Can anyone tell me approximately how many people 1 lb of chocolate (plus toppings) will serve? Also would love ideas for packaging and beverage to go with it.

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 6:48 pm
get portable cups & add a hot cocoa mix as well as the bark ...

do a trial run & see how many they fill up - then multiply by amount you actually need

but my basic math says 16 oz รท 2 = 8 servings of chocolate [but that would be for one person & it depends how big you want to make them as well

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 9:28 pm
Can't believe I am saying this but hot cocoa and chocolate bark seems like too much chocolate in one place. Plus the cocoa mix isn't ready to eat/drink so I wouldn't feel it counted as second thing. (I am NOT paskening for anyone else or judging anyone who WOULD count a mix, just saying what I do.)

agreer

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 10:40 pm
amother wrote:
Can't believe I am saying this but hot cocoa and chocolate bark seems like too much chocolate in one place. Plus the cocoa mix isn't ready to eat/drink so I wouldn't feel it counted as second thing. (I am NOT paskening for anyone else or judging anyone who WOULD count a mix, just saying what I do.)

1. There's no such thing as too much chocolate!

2. I agree with the hot cocoa not counting... I would do something else, like a hamentaschen or some dried fruit...mmm

3. Packaging - can you get cute little paper boxes? You can put bark in one box, fruit in the other and stack them and tie with a ribbon - so pretty.

I like Green's idea of doing a sample serving...it's really the only way to tell how much you'll get out of it.

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 11:02 pm
amother wrote:

obviously amother's random names does not agree since your colour is chocolate ~ lol

fyi ~ I only give hamentash & booze & I use purim as my theme Clown

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Feb 05 2017, 11:57 pm
Greenfire, I noticed that. Maybe a divine message that it should all be chocolate-related ! (But actually am thinking small wine bottles. Red wine and dark chocolate is a good combo.)

jewishmom4

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 1:44 pm
I did chocolate barks last year, I used 1lb of baking choc. for a cookie sheet, and did not add any other ingredients. you need to spread it very thin, and it will fill the whole cookie sheet.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 1:47 pm
Thank you Jewishmom4. Do you have a sense of how many mm a lb made?

jewishmom4

Post Mon, Feb 06 2017, 1:51 pm
mmm, I gave 6 2x2 squares for everyone, and I made 3 cookie sheets, and I gave for 10 pple. go ahead with the calculations....
and I had a lot of broken ones and corners....

asweet

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 9:00 pm
hi jewishmom4,
can I ask what you put on top of the chocolate, if you didn't use any other ingredient other then chocolate?
thinking of doing barks this year as its easy, but wondering what toppings to use...

jewishmom4

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 1:15 pm
I did 3 different toppings, 1 I did nougat chocolate instead of regular baking chocolate, and I sprinkled crushed Viennese crunch, then I did white baking choc on top of the brown and sprinkled crushed mint candies ( the red\white round ones), and the 3rd I did honey coated slivered almonds and craisins sprinkled

asweet

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 1:40 pm
thanks for your reply! it sounds so pretty!!
how did you package it?

jewishmom4

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 1:57 pm
I used little 2x2 clear boxes, and put 2 of each kind in each. and piled them tied with a ribbon on top

jewishmom4

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 1:59 pm
trying to attach a pic of it, cant figure out how to....

queenert

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 2:09 pm
This recipe says 8 oz makes 8 servings.
http://www.marthastewart.com/3.....-bark
You can check out a few recipes and see the average serving per chocolate amount...

sourstix

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 2:20 pm
oh my goodness this is just scrumptious. is that a word?

jewish mom what did you put into your chocolate?

jewishmom4

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 2:29 pm

sourstix

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 2:43 pm
very very yummy looking. can I have?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 2:46 pm
jewishmom4 wrote:

How did you make even squares? With a knife? Was it hard work?

sourstix

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 2:53 pm
its hard to make it so even. I would davka make it not in squares. just cut them up in uneven pieces. its very nice that way too. put in a clear box whatever size it all fits in and voila you have a nice mm
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics