Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Do Hotels Gross You Out?
Previous  1  2  3

Learning

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 7:49 pm
What about the towels? Dh went to a convention last week for few days. He took his own towel and just used it for few days. Do you use the hotel towels?
He said he doesn't trust that the towels are clean. It was a very fancy and clean hotel.

jewwoman

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 11:52 pm
sourstix wrote:
Btw bedbugs are not seen in daylight and only in a specific way. If you don't know your facts don't speak till you know. Gosh. Some people love to comment without thinking. No bedbugs are not easily seen. That's what's tricky about it. M

Now I've been grossed out of hotels years ago. I stay put.

Apologies for giving my opinion. I was I of the opinion that you can see bed bugs in day light. I do think before I comment. But im going to stop reading this thread for now. I dont know where you have stayed but all the hotels I've been to have been beautifully clean.
You get what you pay for I suppose!!

Zeleze

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 1:20 am
Been t many hotels all over and never found any leftovers os dirty sheets

But for those that have a problem you could always sanitise the places you would touch, sit or hold.
Many hotels have a paper or ribbon confirming that the bathroom has been sterilsied.

cm

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 4:41 am
Learning wrote:
What about the towels? Dh went to a convention last week for few days. He took his own towel and just used it for few days. Do you use the hotel towels?
He said he doesn't trust that the towels are clean. It was a very fancy and clean hotel.

It is easy to tell if towels are freshly washed. Nowadays many hotels only change your towels on request during your stay (rather than daily) but always when you check out. I don't have a problem with hotel towels.

cnc

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 5:34 am
jewwoman wrote:
Apologies for giving my opinion. I was I of the opinion that you can see bed bugs in day light. I do think before I comment. But im going to stop reading this thread for now. I dont know where you have stayed but all the hotels I've been to have been beautifully clean.
You get what you pay for I suppose!!

You can see them in daylight if you lift the mattress.

myself

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 6:02 am
At one time I had to be in a hotel for a convention of sorts so I was there Mon-Fri and then came back again the following Monday. Before I left on Friday I hid a few items in the room in various different places so that I could check if the room was cleaned properly. When I came back on Monday I asked for the same room again and all the items were exactly where I had left them. And no, the room hadn't been kept for me.

I had put some papers at the bottom of the dresser, and a couple of plastic cups behind the curtain and I can't remember where else. It was a pretty upscale hotel and the bedding and towels were definitely changed, but the room obviously wasn't thoroughly cleaned. The room was very clean when I first arrived though and I don't think anyone had been there since I was there last so I was okay with it, but I was disappointed. It was an otherwise pleasant experience and I wasn't grossed out at all.

Raisin

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 6:43 am
treestump wrote:
Well, I wasn't grossed out before reading this thread, but now I sure am! Smile

I always bring along my own pillowcase - I usually bring two to cover the pillow really well.

As long as the room and linen smell fresh and clean, and the carpet isn't dusty, knotty, or has water stains and brown/black spots of gunk, I'm good...

What I hate is eating on china/reusable plates when I go to kosher hotels. I usually end up eating in restaurants with disposable dishes, rather than eating on china and silverware that have been used by thousands of people before me and put into their mouths repeatedly. Yes, I know I wouldn't want to see the kitchens, but out of sight, out of mind....

Wow. They've been washed with hot water, I assume.

I'm with fox and maya and others. Really, you can tell that the sheets have been freshly washed and pressed. If there is some small chance that they didn't change the sheets, I doubt I would catch anything...

I don't use the bedspreads and bedbugs would make me nervous. Not grossed out, but they sound like a real pain to get rid of.

If a hotel room is clearly not clean I would not be happy.

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 6:47 am
Oy Vey some people think into things way too much!
I LOVE hotels.
To me they signify a break, a change of scenery, a vacation.
They have nice big TVs, huge big comfy beds with lots of blankets and tons of pillows to prop up on. Room service, and sometimes nice showers.
I have been in more expensive hotels and in cheaper hotels and have never seen anything to gross me out. If you think about it you will get grossed out but if you honestly just want to relax, you will just relax.
The only thing I don't use in hotels are the glasses in the bathroom. I use paper cups. Otherwise, good night sleep tight and enjoy your vacay Smile

gp2.0

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 7:54 am
I'm a little grossed out by hotels, but I deal. I take off the big extra cover on the bed because it isn't washed too often. I inspect chairs and couches before sitting on them. I clean the toilet seat, glasses and coffee maker before using. Never walk barefoot on the carpet. Never use the jacuzzi. I inspect the drawers, wipe them out and unpack all our clothes. Suitcase gets zipped up and stored in closet. I check the suitcase for hitchhikers before leaving. And I obsessively read reviews before going anywhere.

The worst things in hotels are the extra cover on the bed, the carpet and the jacuzzi.

BrachaBatya

Post Mon, Feb 13 2017, 12:25 pm
I, too, am grossed out sometimes by hotels. I try to stay in higher end ones but even still...

I bring Lysol wipes and wipe down the tv remove control, door knobs and faucet/toilet handles.

I do not use the cover on the top of the bed (bedspread).

I sometimes lay my own scarf or sweater over the pillow case. If I know I'm staying in a more "rustic" style place and it's not upscale, I have been known to bring my own pillows and sheets!

Flip flops in the shower.

Yes, I'm a little crazy but it makes me feel better! LOL

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 14 2017, 12:51 pm
I never think that way.

gp2.0

Post Wed, Feb 15 2017, 7:56 am
Learning wrote:

The towels are great. They're usually white so you'd see if they're stained. Towels are washed in a boiling hot cycle. I'd probably trust the towels more than anything else.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics