Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Purim - worse than Tisha B'av
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:09 pm
I am sooo freakin glad Purim is over. I nearly had a nervous breakdown this year.

Can't stand the noise, the chaos, the drunkeness, the vomit all over the place, the sugary sugary junk all over the place and did I mention the noise and chaos, the menfolk all out of commission, etc.

mha3484

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:15 pm
I struggle with purim too. My anxiety is sky high and it reinforces a lot of negative self image issues that usually during the year dont bother me very much but on purim it gets under my skin. I was gone for a while yesterday and came home to no MM.

I also have been dealing with some health issues that make me feel lousy and mess with my mood.

Add to that a baby on a growth spurt who seems to eat on the hour or just kvetch and I was one cranky person yesterday.

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:24 pm
drunk husbands on purim leads to divorce ... not so lol

Rachel Shira

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:28 pm
This kind of thread makes me feel better every year. I do not like purim. I guess I did as a kid but now that I have no reason to be part of the kid scene (no children yet) it makes me anxious and irritable and upset. Drinking, parties, being cheerful all day... Not for me. And drunk people make my skin crawl no matter how sweet and affectionate they get.
Thanks to all of you for making me feel a little more normal since my husband loves purim and tries his hardest to understand me but can't relate to this at all.
At least it's one day a year. Now I can breathe and move on to pesach. Much more enjoyable for me.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:30 pm
greenfire wrote:
drunk husbands on purim leads to divorce ... not so lol

Well almost ... I so turned off from my dh how he was drunk I am seriously thinking not to go to mikva tonight. He vomited all over taxi and I have a phobia of drunks and vomit.

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 6:46 pm
amother wrote:
Well almost ... I so turned off from my dh how he was drunk I am seriously thinking not to go to mikva tonight. He vomited all over taxi and I have a phobia of drunks and vomit.

I had to go last night. Trying to make sure drunk DH would make it home in time to watch the kids, not to mention not being sure he would even sober up before the morning was super stressful. Add to that a huge headache and toothache plus a two month old... you can imagine I wasn't too excited about going. Glad I did but was really unhappy at the time...

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 6:54 pm
I was so busy today that I completely forgot to go to the mikva.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 7:06 pm
amother wrote:
I had to go last night. Trying to make sure drunk DH would make it home in time to watch the kids, not to mention not being sure he would even sober up before the morning was super stressful. Add to that a huge headache and toothache plus a two month old... you can imagine I wasn't too excited about going. Glad I did but was really unhappy at the time...

Drunk fathers watching their kids Rolling Eyes
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics