Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
What was the cutest theme you saw this Purim?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:35 pm
A whole family dressed up like Tevya and his family from Fiddler on the Roof. It was so adorable, and very well done.... I think mm was in burlap sacks, or brown paper bags or something....

Blessing1

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 1:54 pm
A family named Weinberger did a Burger King theme. They copied the logo of Burger King to Weinberger, one child dresses as a Burger & one as a wine. MM was a wine & a burger made of large honey cookies as bun, green fruit leather as lettuce, round Brownie as Burger red melted chocolate as ketchup. Was wrapped in a takeout container. It was the most original thing I ever saw.

freilicheima

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 2:30 pm
A family in my community did "Cow Jumps Over The Moon". The Abba was the Moon, The Ima was wearing a dress covered with stars, and the kids were calves.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 2:58 pm
A friend of mine did an outer space theme and it looked really sharp and different! They were all in silver from head to toe, they had space helmets (even the little kids), and their MM was in bags decorated as rocket ships. (It was obviously taken from this past year's Met Gala theme. She did an incredible job.)

bigsis144

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 5:03 pm
Kids were cops, parents were cartoony robbers (like the Hamburglar). They gave out coffee and donuts.

2cents

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 5:56 pm
doctorima wrote:
That sounds hilarious! Could you post them? I would be very interested to read them.

It was in ami magazine. Written by turx.

shanie5

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 6:07 pm
twin boys (age 4ish) who had labels all over saying either "yossi" or "leibel". they came up with the idea themselves.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 9:46 pm
yksraya wrote:
I think my kids were the cutest! They were emojis, each kid a diff one. I saw some cute kids, but nothing stood out.

My neice saw a boy in shul dressed as a poop emoji and was wondering if he realized what he was...

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 10:04 pm
I'm enjoying this thread a lot! I thoroughly enjoy all the creativity and am looking forward to next Purim :-)

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Mar 13 2017, 10:27 pm
Someone in my area dressed up as said emoji on purpose. So the answer to your question is yes, he did know.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 12:37 am
Someone with a dark sense of humor who was married to someone for a short while, and then the guy died, dressed up as an amazing DIY black widow spider costume. pun intended.

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 12:38 am
For those who know Yiddish: a little boy was dressed up as a man with 3 heads: He was a Drei Kup!!

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 1:28 am
My nieces and nephews dressed up like really cute astronauts and the baby ( a boy, 3 weeks old) wore a stretchy with stars.

A family dressed up like Goldilocks and the 3 bears, they have two kids, so the boy was a bear and the girl was goldilocks and the parents were the momma bear and papa bear.

chocolate fondue

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 7:20 am
My kids were also different emojis. I don't like uncomfortable, bulky costumes. My kids just wore yellow t-shirts with different emojis traced directly onto the t-shirts; no circles.
It was my literally last minutes inspiration. I'm in my first trimester and feeling really out of it so I didn't get round to buying costumes this year. I thought of these on Shabbos and we made them on Motzoei Shabbos after Megilla reading.

doctorima

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 10:49 am
2cents wrote:

Thanks, any chance you could post a picture of it or link to it? Or just type up some of the best lines?

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 12:19 pm
2cents wrote:

Not this one. They did it themselves, and they're not the type to get Ami. But I guess it wasn't as original idea as I thought.

rosebunch

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 12:25 pm
yksraya wrote:
I think my kids were the cutest! They were emojis, each kid a diff one. I saw some cute kids, but nothing stood out.

mine too! each kid was a different emoji! I made chocolate lolly emojis matching the emoji faces. It looked adorable!

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 12:38 pm
doctorima wrote:
Thanks, any chance you could post a picture of it or link to it? Or just type up some of the best lines?

http://www.jns.org/jns-blog/20.....pDqA=

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 1:43 pm
pause wrote:
MM is supposed to be ready-made, ready-to-eat food.

Only one needs to actually fulfill the mitzvah requirements. The rest are gestures of good will and it doesn't matter if they're ready to eat, or only contain one food.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Mar 14 2017, 3:51 pm
a family with one child the mother was a maid the father was a butler and the daughter a princess twas adorable dressed up then I saw a man dressed up as a banker I think it was from the olden times.........I also saw a cute family everyone was emojis looked like the emojis really rocked this purim
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics