Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Where to buy a good sheital for cheap
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 9:12 pm
Maryann wrote:
Oh I see it, is her store same prices as online?

I have the same question; the prices on ebay are so low I'm wondering what's the catch.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 9:47 pm
amother wrote:
It's not common but I think there are some to be found.
Someone mentioned something to me about a place in lawerence that sells her own line of sheitals for very cheap. Did anyone ever hear of it? (She heard from a friend who heard about it from a friend.... so I can't track down the first person to find out who it is)

Did anyone hear about this place in lawerence?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 10:06 pm
Another vote for Malky's Wigs. Mine is 3 yo and still doing well...I haven't had to put any work into it. It was quite inexpensive, and Malky let me pay for a few wigs to be mailed to me and promptly refunded me when I returned the ones I decided not to keep. It's very comfortable. I was hoping to get 2 years out of it, but still going strong at 3 years and counting....

seeker

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 10:19 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Another vote for Malky's Wigs. Mine is 3 yo and still doing well...I haven't had to put any work into it. It was quite inexpensive, and Malky let me pay for a few wigs to be mailed to me and promptly refunded me when I returned the ones I decided not to keep. It's very comfortable. I was hoping to get 2 years out of it, but still going strong at 3 years and counting....

With such a wide range in prices (as far as I can tell from a quick ebay search) I'm assuming there are different types - how would I know which is good to get? I'm not an experienced wig buyer to say the least but I don't have the budget for a full-service personal-shopper experience.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Mar 27 2017, 10:31 pm
Malky's wigs is gonna be my next place to buy a wig. The prices out there are ridiculous! I need to bookmark this thread to remember for when it'll be shayach next.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 12:10 am
tichellady wrote:
I was happy with mine from B&H

What company is b&h? I've never heard of them

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 12:10 am
amother wrote:
Malky's wigs is gonna be my next place to buy a wig. The prices out there are ridiculous! I need to bookmark this thread to remember for when it'll be shayach next.
are they good hair? Will they last?

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 12:17 am
Does this Malky have an in-person location where you can try things on without having to bother with back-and-forth shipping?

OutATowner

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 12:20 am
From what I understand, Malky's prices are down because she is more of a warehouse and ships out to many places, as opposed to a full service salon with an overhead.
You can email her a few links from amazon/ebay and ask her what the difference is.
My sheitel macher told me she likes them and thinks they are good quality, and she has seen a few people with them.
I am so, so happy with mine.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 12:24 am
OutATowner wrote:
From what I understand, Malky's prices are down because she is more of a warehouse and ships out to many places, as opposed to a full service salon with an overhead.
You can email her a few links from amazon/ebay and ask her what the difference is.
My sheitel macher told me she likes them and thinks they are good quality, and she has seen a few people with them.
I am so, so happy with mine.

How long did you have it for? Do you think it'll last for a couple of years? So you just buy a uncut sheital then have to cut it and style it by your own sheital macher?

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 12:39 am
The ones in the ebay pictures look quite nice - do they come out of the box (bag?) that way or do you need to have it cut/styled to look like that?

I don't need a full-service salon, I'd just like to see the colors and stuff in person rather than play an online guessing game and be responsible to repack and reship if not right.

sourstix

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 6:07 am
Seeker, on my screen I read," maya Freda wigs on sale" 2 for 1. Maybe that would be interesting to you? Let us know. Anyone bought a wig from this one?

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:06 pm
amother wrote:
Did anyone hear about this place in lawerence?

??

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:30 pm
Some of Malky's Wigs are precut, but I think most you would want styled to your face. That's what I did...some of the hair is better quality, but pricing may also have to do based on length. I'm not sure if all her tops are multidirectional, etc.

I did read somewhere that people went to her in person to check out her sheitels; I didn't have that luxury. She is very responsive, so you can send her a message, and sometimes her listings even have a phone number IIRC. She's happier to talk on the phone than email back and forth in my opinion, and you can ask her if you can come to her in person, what your needs are, etc.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 8:34 pm
Thanks for the info. Definitely not all are multidirectional because about half of them have that word in the listing and half don't. What does it even mean?

I sent a message via ebay and didn't get a reply yet, maybe I'll try phone.

STMommy

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 9:11 pm
I bought directly from Malky from her house in Brooklyn. She charged me an extra $20 (yes, you're reading that correctly, two followed by one zero!) to give it a little trim before I left. They come out of the box in good shape, after her little trim I did wear it, but in truth they do need a real proper cut.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 9:13 pm
If I'm cheap can I get away without the cut or do they really need it? I've heard good sheitel machers charge hundreds just for cutting...!

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 9:15 pm
seeker wrote:
If I'm cheap can I get away without the cut or do they really need it? I've heard good sheitel machers charge hundreds just for cutting...!

I used someone in Lakewood for $150. She did a fabulous job

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 9:17 pm
Multidirectional means you can change the part any way you'd like because there is a white skin top and the hair is not sewn in flat in one way. It's usually a feature that adds to the price.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 28 2017, 9:21 pm
Thanks. I thought it might be something like that, but that's how clueless I am. Is that pretty standard or do most people just leave their parts the way they come?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics