Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shows in Vegas?
1  2  Next

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 10:43 pm
I'm thinking this is a long shot but are there any shows in Las Vegas that are appropriate for a yeshivish couple? No women, profanity, or s-xual content? I was thinking maybe a magic show or light show or something like that?

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 9:53 am
Bump

doctorima

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 10:14 am
David Copperfield is the most well-known magic show. I haven't seen it, but it shouldn't be adult themed or anything like that. Still, it is Vegas, and there may be an off-color joke or comment tossed in, or an immodestly dressed assistant, so only you can decide if that will ruin the whole show for you.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 10:25 am
Mat Franco magic show at the Linq is amazing.
I can't vouch for absolutely no profanity but it is 99% clean and he really is incredible.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 10:28 am
David copperfield but imo it's not a great show

rgr

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 10:32 am
The O show from cirqué

self-actualization

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 11:25 am
Penn and Teller magic show is famous. They also sign autographs after the show. It was pretty clean - although the lady assistant might not have been dressed completely tznius - but I don't really remember being offended by anything. It is old time magic ... might be the cleanest show in Vegas. (It's also the only one I went to, so I don't have what to compare).

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 11:40 am
The light show at the bellagio fits your criteria! Otherwise I think cirque de soleil regular shows are fine but I'm not yeshivish.

chagru

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 11:47 am
I've been by David C and watched penn and teller. You have the skimpily dressed woman appearing in magic shows as part of the props, but the focus is the magician not the woman. Penn and teller is more a single magic act not usually ladies involved. Fountain show at balagio lasts 15 mins , standing only, not quite a show

tichellady

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 12:01 pm
Blue man group?

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 12:07 pm
rgr wrote:
The O show from cirqué

I was looking that up, does that not have any female performers?

rgr

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 12:13 pm
amother wrote:
I was looking that up, does that not have any female performers?

I did not watch it personally. I cannot vouch for it

doctorima

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 12:23 pm
I haven't seen any Cirque shows, but I was always under the impression that they had a large number of female performs dressed relatively skimpily, and that the whole point of the show is to watch the overall choreography, in contrast to the magic shows where the focus is the male magicians.

tichellady

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 12:26 pm
I love cirque shows ut it sounds like they will not work for you- they definitely have female performers. I never saw the blue man group but that may work for you. There are also some all male band concerts, but I assume you don't want that either

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 12:35 pm
chagru wrote:
Fountain show at balagio lasts 15 mins , standing only, not quite a show

I was being a bit facetious but it is the only show that fits her criteria that I could think of offhand. Btw op, Vegas is called "sin city" and you will be seeing skimpily dressed women there even if you don't go to shows.

self-actualization

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 11:39 am
I have been to Las Vegas twice and we generally avoided anything inappropriate there. We ate at many of the kosher restaurants and went hiking at Red Rock Canyon. We walked around the Venetian and Bellagio hotels looking the shops and the flowers/wateralls. We went for coffee, we exercised, we went to a museum about the early days of Las Vegas. There is also the Hoover Dam nearby which we did not get to, as well as the "Valley of Fire" which is another hiking area. We also went on the big Ferris wheel. We didn't gamble. We didn't walk around the outdoor area at night because when we were driving by it looked really seedy.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 1:03 pm
doctorima wrote:
I haven't seen any Cirque shows, but I was always under the impression that they had a large number of female performs dressed relatively skimpily, and that the whole point of the show is to watch the overall choreography, in contrast to the magic shows where the focus is the male magicians.

Someone told me that they walked out of the Cirque show in Vegas because it was so inappropriate. They were fine with the ones in other cities (which are mildly inappropriate.)

tichellady

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 2:00 pm
amother wrote:
Someone told me that they walked out of the Cirque show in Vegas because it was so inappropriate. They were fine with the ones in other cities (which are mildly inappropriate.)

They must have seen zumanity which is for adults only. I have seen the other shows in Las Vegas and don't find them to be inappropriate at all, although I have no issues seeing female performers, but they are totally family oriented for typical families (not people who are strict about not seeing women etc)

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 2:30 pm
tichellady wrote:
They must have seen zumanity which is for adults only. I have seen the other shows in Las Vegas and don't find them to be inappropriate at all, although I have no issues seeing female performers, but they are totally family oriented for typical families (not people who are strict about not seeing women etc)

Very possible because they don't usually have an issue with female performers.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Apr 26 2017, 2:44 pm
I saw Jay Leno there. He was great but I don't identify as yeshivish so I can't speak to if it was 'clean' enough for your standards
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics