Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Area between New Square and Monsey - Hillcrest?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
White

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 7:58 pm
amother wrote:
This. A family member bought in Hillcrest last year. They were pressured to sell to skver. They sold to them and bought in New Hempstead.

do you mind telling me which street and hwo much skver paid them to sell to them?

maybe its an idea to earn $$! ha!
[even though dh would never agree...]

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 8:15 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
I was recently informed that new square is buying up as many houses as they can within 1 square mile and renting to non Jews because they want new square to remain their own little enclave.

They'll tolerate a litvish community and maybe a litvish shul. But they won't allow chassidim to settle there or a chassidish shul to open up. Before you ask "what are they gonna do about it" these are the same people who lit a house on fire while a Jewish family was inside.

I'm not sure if this neighborhood that you're talking about is within a square mile from new square. I know that parts of new Hempstead are off limits to chassidim.

Unfortunately this is correct. Some people with money and influence in NS are willing to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy up homes so that they can rent them to Mexicans, just so that Jews won't buy them. They are willing to ruin a beautiful neighborhood that beforehand was selling to frum Jews only. The other Jews can't compete with the prices that NS offers, much less that NS often offers cash.

By the way, this refers to all Jews. They don't want any type of frum Jews moving near NS, chassidish or litvish.

And by the way, Hillcrest and much of the New Hempstead area where NS is doing this is not within the NS mile. This was checked on a map and is right outside the mile.

Signed,

Living in New Hempstead and loving the growth of our neighborhood, until these people from NS are coming in to destroy it

amother
Blue

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 8:15 pm
Andover is 2.4 miles from New Square so I guess it's safe. Rolling Eyes
How much is a house? And how big a lot can you get for this money?
Thanks.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 8:17 pm
amother wrote:
Um. gulp.

The broker is chasidish and he showed us the chasidish shul there operating with a mikvah on premises on Andover Road

I googled and it is not within a mile from skver
but this sounds total beserk!

Can skver truly dictate who lives where? I thought this was a democratic country

they own the mile?

and who is skver?
the shtetl? the rebbe?
they have a limitless bank account to buy up like 2000 houses

this sounds ludicrous to me

anyway I'm quoting the broker
buses go there, the closest grocery is hatzlacha supermarket and also one in skver and bingo delivers property tax for a home we saw wa about 12000

Unfortunately, NS has a lot of money and money talks. When a homeowner is being offered thousands of dollars above asking price, who do you think they are going to sell to? Of course the higher bidder. It's really sad. The whole situation is hateful.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 8:33 pm
Ns doesnt have space to expand anymore, so I guess they are trying to buy as much property as possible and annex it eventually to Ns. I dont blame them for renting it to mexicans. They wanna make sure it stays free of the 'outsiders' so they should expand when seams are actually gonna burst.

amother
White

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 8:36 pm
You don't blame them for????????

outsiders??????

Yidden, preventing other yidden from buying affordable homes????

Who needs anti-semites if all this is true

I need to vomit

What we need is a sponsor with deep pockets or a big mouth to stop this nonsense

I'm truly sickened

All this is going on and people are quiet?

amother
Pink

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 8:47 pm
New poster here.

We were actually holding the contract in hand for one of the houses in Hillcrest. OP is talking about a different neighborhood in Hillcrest.

The new up the hill, that's where we looked. Has a litvish type shul. Within walking distance from Spring Valley and NS. In the end we didn't buy because we were afraid, like gp2.0 said, we didn't want to see what happens. Where we wanted to buy was withing a mile from NS, on the streets of Carriage, Bonnie, etc. This area https://www.zillow.com/homes/f.....6_zm/

What OP is talking about is also Hillcrst but on the other side of the 45 an the other sidde of Eckerson. It's a chassidishe group of people with a shul. The way I understand it is that there aren't people living there yet. I believe the minyan is made up of ppl who walk in from Spring Valley which, the yiddishe area of Spring Valley is a good half hour walk away from there. Lots of people bought but are renting it out. This area https://www.zillow.com/homes/f.....4_zm/

We needed to buy a house to live in, not for investment and couldn't afford to move in among low-lives while waiting for it to become yiddish.

amother
White

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 8:50 pm
Thanks for the clarification

you make sense

I'm reeling

amother
Pink

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 8:53 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for the clarification

you make sense

I'm reeling
What are you reeling about?

amother
White

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 9:00 pm
I don't think I would express myself like the above poster but I'm reeling about the fact that Yidden are preventing other yidden from buying affordable housing

amother
Pink

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 9:55 pm
amother wrote:
I don't think I would express myself like the above poster but I'm reeling about the fact that Yidden are preventing other yidden from buying affordable housing
They're not preventing AFAIK. If you do buy, they may offer to buy it off of you. They will buy off the houses on your block and rent it out to 20 Hispanics living in a one family house to bring down the desirability of the neighborhood. They will make you not want to live there. Then again, what do I know? People who can torch a house, I do not want to start up with them...

We ended up buying in a different peripheral section of Monsey.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 9:57 pm
Oh, and OP, that was only referring to the area where we looked, the new up the hill area. But the area where you looked, AFAIK, NS is not making any problems there. It's just that the area isn't picking up yet because it's so far from main monsey, and nobody wants to be the nachshon to live there without neighbors...

amother
White

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 10:25 pm
for several reasons we do need to live near main monsey

I find this thing of people messing with where you want to buy a house or live very disconcerting but I'll just go do what I need to

You live and learn something new every day

amother
Pink

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 10:44 pm
amother wrote:

I find this thing of people messing with where you want to buy a house or live very disconcerting but I'll just go do what I need to

if not for this one tiny small issue, those house prices wouldn't be so low. the area would have been completely mowed over by chassidishe ppl looking to buy affordable private houses!

amother
Pink

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 10:46 pm
amother wrote:

Which part of main monsey do you need to live near? Main monsey is so large these days that from one end to the next is farther than from the outskirts to one end. LOL

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 11:39 pm
amother wrote:
New poster here.

We were actually holding the contract in hand for one of the houses in Hillcrest. OP is talking about a different neighborhood in Hillcrest.

The new up the hill, that's where we looked. Has a litvish type shul. Within walking distance from Spring Valley and NS. In the end we didn't buy because we were afraid, like gp2.0 said, we didn't want to see what happens. Where we wanted to buy was withing a mile from NS, on the streets of Carriage, Bonnie, etc. This area https://www.zillow.com/homes/f.....6_zm/

What OP is talking about is also Hillcrst but on the other side of the 45 an the other sidde of Eckerson. It's a chassidishe group of people with a shul. The way I understand it is that there aren't people living there yet. I believe the minyan is made up of ppl who walk in from Spring Valley which, the yiddishe area of Spring Valley is a good half hour walk away from there. Lots of people bought but are renting it out. This area https://www.zillow.com/homes/f.....4_zm/

We needed to buy a house to live in, not for investment and couldn't afford to move in among low-lives while waiting for it to become yiddish.

The new up the hill area- an adorable growing neighborhood, which is now not growing much because every house that goes on sale is being snatched up by NS and rented to Mexicans. When the frum neighbors who lived there tried to talk to the NS owner, he was very shady and would not give any answers.

The hillcrest neighborhood- NS is actually threatening people who move there even though it's outside the mile. Someone I know was afraid to buy there because of that. Someone else I personally know put a down payment on a house there and then was asked by NS not to buy there. NS gave him the entire down payment plus 30k just not to buy there, so they can then rent out to Mexicans.

Oh, and by the way? The checks they used to pay this guy were checks from their mosdos, which every NS family is required to donate towards.

What a misuse of funds.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 11:40 pm
amother wrote:
You don't blame them for????????

outsiders??????

Yidden, preventing other yidden from buying affordable homes????

Who needs anti-semites if all this is true

I need to vomit

What we need is a sponsor with deep pockets or a big mouth to stop this nonsense

I'm truly sickened

All this is going on and people are quiet?

People are being quiet because who has enough money and power to fight NS? It's really sad.

Just want to clarify, I'm not talking about the average NS guy, who has nothing to do with this. I'm specifically referring to the Vaad, who have all the power.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, May 03 2017, 12:08 am
amother wrote:
The new up the hill area- an adorable growing neighborhood, which is now not growing much because every house that goes on sale is being snatched up by NS and rented to Mexicans. When the frum neighbors who lived there tried to talk to the NS owner, he was very shady and would not give any answers.

The hill rest neighborhood- NS is actually threatening people who move there even though it's outside the mile. Someone I know was afraid to buy there because of that. Someone else I personally know put a down payment on a house there and then was asked by NS not to buy there. NS gave him the entire down payment plus 30k just not to buy there, so they can then rent out to Mexicans.

Oh, and by the way? The checks they used to pay this guy were checks from their mosdos, which every NS family is required to donate towards.

What a misuse of funds.

I don't doubt what you're saying, but how do you know all this?

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, May 03 2017, 12:45 am
amother wrote:
I don't doubt what you're saying, but how do you know all this?

I live in the neighborhood where this is happening.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, May 03 2017, 2:33 am
I find it very sad that people are jumping to calling NS community hateful and saying horrible things about their Rebbe. This finger-pointing and angry tone sounds to me a lot more hateful than what NS is doing...

Because, did you ever stop and ask WHY NS is trying to buy up those houses?

When NS was first established, the Rebbe specifically looked to establish a community that was far from other established communities because he wanted to create a flavor that ran through his chasidus. NS is one of the most unified communities; all the kids go to the same schools, have the same schedules, and in general, the community has it's own unique sense of being, with life revolving around what it means to be a Skverer chasid. Their goal is to preserve that unique rhythm. And it makes sense.

Imagine a university, set on creatimg a unified campus. They work hard at creating "spirit" events and everyone is walking around campus wearing the school colors and taking pride in their unique connection. But over in the dormitory, there is all of sudden a massive influx of students from a different university... The feeling of kindred spirits would be dampened and it would affect campus life.

Of course, such a thing would never happen, because the original university would never allow a person who didn't feel intense love for their school to live in the dorms.

It's the same concept here. Skver is NOT seeking to isolate other Jews; the are seeking to preserve their unique flavor.

Again, if you take pickels and mix it with orange juice -- are either (both delicious!) flavors preserved? No. Of course not.

And again, offering to pay above market price to preserve that flavor is not disgusting; it is mentchlich. They want something, so they are willing to give the other person something else that the person wants. They are enabling those home owners to take the money and buy in other areas that perhaps they wouldn't have been able to afford.

There is no underhandedness here. They are playing totally fair.

And to the poster that mentioned about the housefire: that was ONE set of people that made a disgusting choice. It is not inclusive of the entire community.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries