Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Area between New Square and Monsey - Hillcrest?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 3:30 am
amother wrote:
Well I'm repeating what my cleaning lady told me she lives in spring valley not far from new square and she told me her neighborhood is unsafe and full of drug dealers. She will not go out alone at night. She herself happens to be an extremely nice and decent person with good morals but most of her neighbors not. We happen to own a house in Hillcrest we're renting it to a Spanish guy but my husband thinks they have 4 families living there. As long as they're paying the rent we're good. Maybe one day it'll become a frum neighborhood that will be great. But for now it's not, they actually had a shooting in that area around a year ago.

Please consult with a lawyer. As far as I know, in New York state, a landlord can be held liable if a single family home is being used as a multiple family dwelling.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 5:08 am
amother wrote:
Please consult with a lawyer. As far as I know, in New York state, a landlord can be held liable if a single family home is being used as a multiple family dwelling.

Spring valley does provide permits for this (they call it a boarding house) but they need to inspect it first and it has to follow their code. Spring Balley needs to then run it by the state . I work with this a lot.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 8:51 am
amother wrote:
I'm just curious if you really thought this was necessary? A lowlife is a lowlife, race not a determining factor.

And btw, when I first bought my house in Spring Valley almost a decade ago, my immediate next door neighbors were a nice Spanish family who never made any trouble. Across the street was a lovely Haitian family who would come over and turn on/off appliances if needed on Shabbos. Living next to non-Jews isn't automatically, by default, a horrific option. Just because people are poor, doesn't mean they are horrible.

A few blocks away from me, however, is gang neighborhood. THAT is horrible.

It's important to know what type of people are living over there -- and no, "Spanish" does not explain it!

Rant over. Back to NS:

I just want to say that everyone on this forum has family minhagim that are unique, that they want to preserve. NS is the same. It has nothing do with hatred, and they themselves are the biggest explanation of that. Let me explain.

New Square has a policy that if a woman marries a man who is not a Skvere chasid, then they will have to live outside of New Square. This is not hatred; it is preservation.

If a family allows a man to marry their beloved daughter, you can bet they don't hate him. But being the man, he carries the minhagim of HIS chasidus, and that doesn't belong in their community. They love him, they respect him, they want to see him and their daughter raise a beautiful family -- but the flavor of Skver should remain the flavor of Skver.

For that reason, Skvere girls who marry non-Skvere boys live often in Monsey, just a jump away from Skvere. They easily go visit when they want.

I think wisdom is this: Understand that every branch of Judaism has much beauty, and you may not always understand why people from other branches do the things they do. And you might even feel that things are wrong, at times, but were you to have a better understanding, you'd realize that it is just the fact that we are limited, judging humans. And not that everyone is out to get everyone, chas v'shalom.

Yidden are amazing, whereever they come from.

BTW, anyone read that AMI article about Adam and Brandon spending Shabbos in New Square?

THAT'S the kind of Skver I know.

And no, I am not a Skverer.

All fine and dandy, but NS does not own the 1 mile radius OUTSIDE of skver. so while I have no problem if they want to isolate themselves, they cannot do so by controlling parts outside of their jurisidiction. It's prime location being near monsey enough to walk and monsey is expanding on all borders. they have NO rights dictating what goes on outside the village.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 8:52 am
amother wrote:
We happen to own a house in Hillcrest we're renting it to a Spanish guy but my husband thinks they have 4 families living there. As long as they're paying the rent we're good. Maybe one day it'll become a frum neighborhood that will be great. But for now it's not, they actually had a shooting in that area around a year ago.

Thank you for doing your part in contributing to the quality of life in that neighborhood. Not.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 8:58 am
We have no problem renting it out for you or any other yid for that matter, as long as we can cover the mortgage. It wasn't put our for rent exclusively for them. Thank you!

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 9:51 am
amother wrote:
Thank you for doing your part in contributing to the quality of life in that neighborhood. Not.

Fwiw, I live in Baltimore and have many Mexican/South American neighbors. Sure, they like to party on the weekends. But they are among the best neighbors that we’ve ever had. They are family oriented and very religious. They are also extremely hard workers, are very clean, and always have a smile for me when I walk by them when walking my dog. Tons of friendly children. Sure, I would be happier with more frum neighbors who speak my language and share my culture. But I have to be honest, I moved to my current block from a totally frum block and these new neighbors have been more friendly than many of my old neighbors.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 10:21 am
Our tenants are decent people, we never had any problems with them. But I've heard multiple stories in the past few years in the Monsey community where Mexican men flirted with Jewish girls and the outcome was not good. You do need to be extra cautious with them.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 10:28 am
amother wrote:
Our tenants are decent people, we never had any problems with them. But I've heard multiple stories in the past few years in the Monsey community where Mexican men flirted with Jewish girls and the outcome was not good. You do need to be extra cautious with them.

What is a “not good” outcome of men flirting with girls? Sometimes men flirt with me. I roll my eyes and walk away. Do they attempt to assult them? Thats not flirting.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 10:32 am
amother wrote:

There were girls that were raped. Not flirted with.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 10:45 am
amother wrote:

Rant over. Back to NS:

I just want to say that everyone on this forum has family minhagim that are unique, that they want to preserve. NS is the same. It has nothing do with hatred, and they themselves are the biggest explanation of that. Let me explain.

New Square has a policy that if a woman marries a man who is not a Skvere chasid, then they will have to live outside of New Square. This is not hatred; it is preservation.

If a family allows a man to marry their beloved daughter, you can bet they don't hate him. But being the man, he carries the minhagim of HIS chasidus, and that doesn't belong in their community. They love him, they respect him, they want to see him and their daughter raise a beautiful family -- but the flavor of Skver should remain the flavor of Skver.

Preservation of what? A unique 'flavor' of yiddishkeit that mostly only preserves traditional behavior based on the location their Chassidus their originated from, and not related to any Torah commandments? Does that 'flavor" overrides the Torah commandments? Please tell me where the Torah allows for such behavior, that you designate who can live near you based on the 'flavor' of yiddishkeit? That you can ostracize people from a community just because they have a different minhag from you? That can you tell a person he cannot live nearby just because he has a different Rabbi than you?

I thought the Torah commands us to love our fellow brethren just like we do ourselves. That we should be welcoming, embracing and assisting our wonderful brothers whenever we have the opportunity to do so. I wasn't aware that the Torah obliges us to only next to those particular Yidden who have the same minhagim like you do. I wasn't aware that the Torah advises us to choose a husband only from our own little circle, and if you don't oblige you can be kicked out of the community you grew up in. How can you literally think its ok that you won't allow a daughter to live next to her mom, just because her husband is from a different Chassidic sect? Is that what yiddishkeit is all about? Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Torah was all about being inclusive of our fellow brethren, not exclusive.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 12:17 pm
Wow, you are vindictive.

Anybody who marries outside of the immediate community is 100% loving accepted. It isn't even a question. I have many close friends who are currently Skver or have grown up Skver. Wonderful people. And when they marry, they know that if the man comes from a different chasidus they will live nearby but not in the shtetl. Don't forget, the parents are responsible for doing research on the young man or woman their child will marry. They hand pick them. And they love them. There is no difference from them or any other son/daughter-in-law, save for the fact that they live 10 min away.

They go for Shabbos, weekday visits, etc. They are accepted as any regular child and spouse.

I believe you have never been in Skver, nor do you know anyone from Skver because you can not be so vindictive if you have been there and know the ins and outs.

Maya

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 12:26 pm
amother wrote:

BTW, anyone read that AMI article about Adam and Brandon spending Shabbos in New Square?

THAT'S the kind of Skver I know.

And no, I am not a Skverer.

I do not know who Adam and Brandon are, but your last sentence explains everything we need to about all your posts. New Square has a PR machine that is better than Satmar’s, and that’s saying something.

All of you outsiders who are so enamored of this dictator and his policies are enablers of the worst kind. You should try living there for one month and then get back to me about how great the lifestyle is. They are the most downtrodden people of all chassidish groups and you dare to defend the abusive and repressive practices put in place by this dictatorship. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Your posts would be funny if it wasn’t so enraging.

5S5Sr7z3

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 12:51 pm
Maya wrote:
I do not know who Adam and Brandon are, but your last sentence explains everything we need to about all your posts. New Square has a PR machine that is better than Satmar’s, and that’s saying something.

All of you outsiders who are so enamored of this dictator and his policies are enablers of the worst kind. You should try living there for one month and then get back to me about how great the lifestyle is. They are the most downtrodden people of all chassidish groups and you dare to defend the abusive and repressive practices put in place by this dictatorship. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Don't let it bother you. She drank the koolaid and is high on it. We all know people like that. I guarantee that poster never set foot anywhere near skvere and her posts just prove how clueless and ridiculous she's being.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 12:53 pm
Maya wrote:

Ahhh, Maya has arrived! The voice of reason has spoken.

Maya, you have such a huge chip on your shoulder that any and all views of chasidus are biased for evil in your eyes.

I am closely related to many Skverers, and they love the life they lead. Maya, some people are actually HAPPY being chasidishe, despite your inability to realize that. Not everyone is depressingly negative as yourself.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 12:54 pm
IYamWhoIYam wrote:
Don't let it bother you. She drank the koolaid and is high on it. We all know people like that. I guarantee that poster never set foot anywhere near skvere and her posts just prove how clueless and ridiculous she's being.

So says you. Hilarious, really.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 12:57 pm
amother wrote:
Wow, you are vindictive.

Anybody who marries outside of the immediate community is 100% loving accepted. It isn't even a question. I have many close friends who are currently Skver or have grown up Skver. Wonderful people. And when they marry, they know that if the man comes from a different chasidus they will live nearby but not in the shtetl. Don't forget, the parents are responsible for doing research on the young man or woman their child will marry. They hand pick them. And they love them. There is no difference from them or any other son/daughter-in-law, save for the fact that they live 10 min away.

They go for Shabbos, weekday visits, etc. They are accepted as any regular child and spouse.

I believe you have never been in Skver, nor do you know anyone from Skver because you can not be so vindictive if you have been there and know the ins and outs.

How is that 100% lovingly accepted? If you do not allow someone to live in your community, I don't believe anyone would agree that its considered 100% accepted. You're actually sending a different message loudly and clearly: if you are even slightly different than the rest of us here, we don't want you here - go live elsewhere.

And perhaps you can expand on the vindictive part of your statement. What sort of revenge am I advocating here? I'm merely pointing out the New Skver's tactics run counter to the Torah, and I'm sorry that you have difficulties with comprehending that.

I'm curious as to what your opinion is of the non-Jews resisting the influx of Jews into their neighborhoods. Why aren't they entitled to preserve the "flavor" of their communities? If you call Jews living with Jews upsetting the flavor of a community, how more so will Jews moving into non-Jewish neighborhoods upset the flavor of those particular communities. Your statements are only lending credence to their arguments.

(And I know plenty of people in skver and have visited the town occasionally, though I don't see how that is relevant to this discussion at all.)

Maya

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 1:05 pm
amother wrote:

Maya, you have such a huge chip on your shoulder that any and all views of chasidus are biased for evil in your eyes.

I am closely related to many Skverers, and they love the life they lead. Maya, some people are actually HAPPY being chasidishe, despite your inability to realize that. Not everyone is depressingly negative as yourself.

People can live repressed and difficult lives and still be happy because it’s the only life they know. That still doesn’t give you permission to condone that lifestyle and the thugs who enforce it. Your apologetics make me sick, and you should be grateful that you never had to experience the very happy lives that those people are leading.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 1:06 pm
amother wrote:

This discussion is not about the chassidishe lifestyle of Skver and if it brings happiness to them or not, it's about their hateful attitude towards other equally happy Chassidishe people in other sects.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 1:21 pm
I dunno amother, I visited skver once and left thinking thank G-d I wasn't born there. I'm pretty in the box and not rebelious fwiw.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 1:25 pm
amother wrote:
This discussion is not about the chassidishe lifestyle of Skver and if it brings happiness to them or not, it's about their hateful attitude towards other equally happy Chassidishe people in other sects.

Agreed. Let's not bash the skver people or lifestyle. It is what it is. This thread was about the harrassment and scare tactics used by the skver vaad to prevent people from moving into the area around new square.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries