Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking for a community in/near beautiful nature
Previous  1  2

amother
Pink

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 7:46 pm
Agree with above 2 posts on Cincinnati. We moved away from there a couple of years ago, and we miss the beautiful parks most. Most Sundays we'd spend at one of the many 100+ acre parks.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 10:18 pm
Seattle is so beautiful!! On the clear days you can see Mt. Rainier in the distance. The Jewish community is walking distance to a lake-side park (Seward Park) that has gorgeous paths and trails in the trees. Two of the main highways (I-90 and 520) are huge bridges that drive straight over the lake. There are so many trails and hikes that if you would want to do one every week you still would have hikes leftover. The weather is really mild and doesn't normally get above 80 in the summer, or lower than 30ish in the winter. Definitely one of the most gorgeous cities I've seen!

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 10:24 pm
The Deal community is walkable to the beach - but its sefardi so I don't know if that will work for you.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 10:36 pm
amother wrote:
Seattle is so beautiful!! On the clear days you can see Mt. Rainier in the distance. The Jewish community is walking distance to a lake-side park (Seward Park) that has gorgeous paths and trails in the trees. Two of the main highways (I-90 and 520) are huge bridges that drive straight over the lake. There are so many trails and hikes that if you would want to do one every week you still would have hikes leftover. The weather is really mild and doesn't normally get above 80 in the summer, or lower than 30ish in the winter. Definitely one of the most gorgeous cities I've seen!

It is also an exceptionally clean city. Something that routinely surprises people from the east coast.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, May 01 2017, 10:49 pm
There's actually quite a bit of forest in Staten Island, including Willowbrook. That's why it's nicknamed "Borough of Parks."

amother
Rose

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 12:46 am
I live in San Diego and based on your description of you dream city, it seems like it is exactly what you are looking for.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 5:30 am
Thanks so much everyone, I really appreciate the new ideas.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 5:54 am
amother wrote:
I'm looking for a place walkable to the beach with schools for the kids (not every place has high school which we need), other than florida (too expensive). Any ideas?

Long Beach, NY! Great little small beach town with a small Jewish community, but right next to 5 towns so you have schools (elementary and high school) and all the kosher amenities right nearby. Literally on the beach.

Ruchel

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 7:35 am
I assume only America? I could advise on places in Europe. My own apartment has view on a lake and a nature reservation, with 2 shuls in the building kah.

crystal

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 7:36 am
I don't have suggestions I only know Brooklyn... I just want to say it's so refreshing to read this thread, because you're looking for a quality of life, simply nature and the serenity that provides - I love the straightforwardness, that it's a goal you even have- even though it might not be practical at the moment! I can't explain why but it's inspiring to me!

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 8:58 am
Seattle, Washington.

We once went for a Simcha there and stayed with friends of friends on Mercer Island. It was gorgeous!!!!!! The views of the water and mountains. Plus on Sunday, they took us skiing and it couldn't have been more than a 45' minute drive from their house. Although apparently, those were not the best slopes- was good enough for us but they said there were much better ski slopes a bit further out.

The Shul and community Were so warm and welcoming as well. There was a little pizza shop nearby that we enjoyed.
If we didn't have to stay on the east coast for work and family reasons, I would have seriously considered moving there.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 12:00 pm
I'm the beach seeking amother, for health reasons I need warmer and sunnier weather, so beaches up north, or places like seattlet etc won't work.
Thanks for the ideas though!

Iymnok

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 12:14 pm
amother wrote:
I'm the beach seeking amother, for health reasons I need warmer and sunnier weather, so beaches up north, or places like seattlet etc won't work.
Thanks for the ideas though!

For sure not, as breathtakingly gorgeous the scenery is, warm it's not! LOL

crust

Post Tue, May 02 2017, 12:36 pm
Ruchel wrote:
I assume only America? I could advise on places in Europe. My own apartment has view on a lake and a nature reservation, with 2 shuls in the building kah.

Is this an actual photo of where you live? Ahhhh... It's breathtaking!
Thanks for sharing.

semandbeyond

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 7:05 am
Richmond or Norfolk may be good choices too - both have a lot of parks, water, etc

amother
Linen

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 8:19 am
What about monsey?
I have a forest in my backyard, there are so many streams/ ponds- absolutely beautiful

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 8:27 am
Catskills ny
You can have a lakefront home on 3 acres of grass and trees for less than 200k

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 04 2017, 9:26 am
crust wrote:
Is this an actual photo of where you live? Ahhhh... It's breathtaking!
Thanks for sharing.

It is, thank you! The pic is actually not ours, but it's definitely in view from my balcony Smile My husband belongs to a local photographer club and though I'm no pro, I also like taking random pics of my city/nature around/the lake.

That one might be my fav Wink

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating